Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

What is Vdimm set at? 20mhz is not realy enough to error out at spd setting.. And what is youre mem timing I>E 2-2-5-2 or? not just max memory at 100

And did you set chipset voltage @ 1.75?

What is Vdimm set at? 20mhz is not realy enough to error out at spd setting.. And what is youre mem timing I>E 2-2-5-2 or? not just max memory at 100

And did you set chipset voltage @ 1.75?

Vdimm is at 2.7 I believe, stock came 2.6

The mem timing is (Tcl) 2.0 (Trcd) 3 (Trrd) 2 (Tras) 5

I'm not sure if thats the right order, I'm looking at the A64 Tweaker sheet..

No, chipset voltage is at 1.65v

If thats not enough to error out, does this mean possible CPU RMA?

edit: Vdimm is at 2.8v actually, and the chipset was at 1.75v already :[

What now.. :{

Some good psu's..

Enermax 480w

Fortron Bluestorm 500w

OCZ powerstream 420w (still great unit even at 420w)

Those are all under a hundred...Powerstream 520w would be my next choice over a hundred

Don't think it's your power supply causing the problems though...Most likely just another bug-a-boo...

OG:: thx for psu suggest. I thought I saw OCZ powerstream at newegg but

it said OCZ 520w "power supply". Anyway this is one I bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817104152

I hope it is as good, if not I can return it.

Anyway I do not know why it would go from setting high fsb in bios, saving and

post ok then boot os. But shut down, will not post (or beep).

At some other ram oc I too did have a weird problem also at one point when it would continuous reboot at detecting ide (forgot who was saying that).

Is it possible there is grounding/short issue, my board is on my lp box and I have

pushed down on it for putting in ram I guess a few times?

Any possiblity changing ram timings some more would help this problem?

I'm gonna take a wild guess at your problem rodan. When you have it overclocked your giving it about 1.53vcore and then immediately after that it is rebooting to this boards default startup voltage of 1.26v, which may be fine for most of the time, but imemdiately after the core has dropped in voltage and the resistance is still higher because of the inherent temperature gain in rasing the voltage 20%, the startup voltage isn't high enough for that chip, which has a higher multiplier already, and is one of the more demanding chips that the board supports in terms of vcore requirements at startup.

A guess, not based on my experience, because mine have been seemless with this mobo, and I am just popping in to say I have had this board since the friday after the tuesday it was released, and have had NO problems at some great clocks ( once I got my RAM in yellow slots that is...).

OG:: thx for psu suggest. I thought I saw OCZ powerstream at newegg but

it said OCZ 520w "power supply". Anyway this is one I bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817104152

I hope it is as good, if not I can return it.

Anyway I do not know why it would go from setting high fsb in bios, saving and

post ok then boot os. But shut down, will not post (or beep).

At some other ram oc I too did have a weird problem also at one point when it would continuous reboot at detecting ide (forgot who was saying that).

Is it possible there is grounding/short issue, my board is on my lp box and I have

pushed down on it for putting in ram I guess a few times?

Any possiblity changing ram timings some more would help this problem?

That is the powerstream that you ordered. They only make the modstream and the powerstream...yall got the right one :D

Don't think the ram timings will do much...I haven't had anything like that happen to me so's I'm not much help. Having the board not mounted and putting the pressure that it takes to install memory surely will flex the board. Can't be "good" for it. Even mounted in a case I don't like the amount of flex that goes on...

That is the powerstream that you ordered. They only make the modstream and the powerstream...yall got the right one :D

Don't think the ram timings will do much...I haven't had anything like that happen to me so's I'm not much help. Having the board not mounted and putting the pressure that it takes to install memory surely will flex the board. Can't be "good" for it. Even mounted in a case I don't like the amount of flex that goes on...

Ok, great I was hoping that was the case! Tried a couple of different things

I had the fan plugged into the mobo hdr, switched that to a lead of the psu.

Also changed from 260x10x3x by 2.5,4,7,3 to 2.5,3,7,3 still at 2T (just 1 number).

Figured if couldn't go higher on fsb should try the timings. Works better in games.

I do think my 3 yro psu is faulty though, I get 5.5v on standby when I went from

602 to 711. Shucks, whats ya gonna do, go with it man. Still excellent ram.

I tried adding the other non-brain tccds to have 4x512, defaulted to 333 on boot,

gues mixin not work too good. workin with 705 now for a while.

Some mobo on box pics

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010241c6hs.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010242c0va.jpg

http://img208.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010243c0if.jpg

Yes thats cig butt holding agp up

JasonX::Why is the Smartguardian show your VDimm at 2.94v figures in "RED"?

Most good memory sticks need from 2.8v to 3.2v in order to be able to OC well.

My Smartguardian shows my chipset voltage is 1.61v and it is "RED" figures.

Do you know what the "NUMBERS IN RED" means?

Is there something wrong, when the numbers are "RED"?

When you have the bios set at optomized settings, print out the page of A64 Tweaker results and keep them handy for use later as a reference.

When you get into OC'ng, change the memory divider at "100" or "133" or wherever you wish to start. After setting the X,LDT,HTT.

Go back into memory settings, grab your printout of A64 Tweaker.

Take a look at the memory settings, how many of these settings can you change back to where they were in your printout.

IE::your memory was running stable @ 200mhz with default settings.

Now you need the memory to be stable at the new mhz, whatever they may be.

The stable settings @ 200mhz is an excellent place to start. You may tweak some of these settings if you wish.

I don't know enough about what each does in order to be able to determine what settings to change to what. This is where the DFI Tech guys may be able to help, or some of the more seasoned OC'ers on this forum.

Thx again bobyjo i dont want to oce now probabley wait a couple of months for a better bios i was just asking if any of those ram settings could be changed for better performance maybe.And whats a safe voltage for agp and does putting it higher help ocing or stability? heres the pic again http://img6.imageshack.us/my.php?image=untitled7lt.jpg

I have a new twist come up when oc past 260. When at or go over (260 ~ 300)

after save in bios it beeps and posts and boots and everything is ok in wondows. Run

all benches and no bsods or locks when the settings are right BUT when I shut

down, power off, then turn it back on it won't post.

I never noticed this before because never tried to oc this much. Anybody have

had this come up? Or do you think it could be my powersupply, its only 420w?

Here is my settings (mostly same as OG's in his oc dbase page):

cpu - 300 x 9 x 3x

agp - 67

vcore - 1.525 + .2

chipset - 1.75v

vdim - 2.9v

vagp - 1.6

ram - 2.5,4,7,3, 1:1, 2T

Now it will only "cold post" at 260 x 10, otherwise its no-post redo cmos.

Same with both 705 & 711. Don't know why because it will post after changing

to higher then save and exit, but after shutdown no post.

Whats a good PSU that would work well with this board, and do you think that

is problem?

Thx

Man thats weird I get the same problem I can get the cpu up to 260 or so and bench no problem at all but when I properly switch the pc off and try and reboot its a no go.Clear cmos as it will not evn think about booting.

Heres where it gets stranger.I finally had enough on friday and pulled the DFI and threw the Neo2 back in.

I have the same problem with that as well.In fact I just posted about this on a UK overclocking forum.

I guess it rules out the board as being the culprit.....

J

PS nothing in my system changed apart from the mobo.

Just a quick post to say stable at 2.7 GHz - 270HTT X 10 on a 166 Div & 2T on my Sandy. Will post more details later, still tweaking at 2.8 for now.

Nice board IMHO not had one problem yet except no 1T for love nor money.

@ JasonX...and anyone else that cares :P

having a look at your A64 Tweaker u posted, i have a few changes to make, that should improve performance, and hopefully not decrease stability...jumped me about 4000 points in Aquamark3...

a64tweaker21oz.jpg

im running it now...some of the settings you can change in the BIOS...some aren't in there...

@ JasonX...and anyone else that cares :P

having a look at your A64 Tweaker u posted, i have a few changes to make, that should improve performance, and hopefully not decrease stability...jumped me about 4000 points in Aquamark3...

a64tweaker21oz.jpg

im running it now...some of the settings you can change in the BIOS...some aren't in there...

Thx pantonious do you think im safe changing the settings to the ones you posted?

Thx pantonious do you think im safe changing the settings to the ones you posted?

yeah, should be fine...

change them one at a time, then click "SET", then change the next one, etc, etc...

i don't see why you would have a problem...obviously if you change a setting, and straight away your comp locks up or BSODs then you won't want to change that one anymore...

and, don't run those setttings while overclocking...like the normal 2-2-2-5, they'll need to be adjusted..