NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Dude you need to get some valium or something. :nod: My board works just fine with a couple of minor problems. Which is why I decided to post in the first place. The problem I'm having is my sata drives will not boot anymore or load windows. I think the raid array somehow got screwed up.

My question is: Has anyone else had this problem and if so what can I do to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'm using ports 3 and 4 just under the cpu socket.

Maybe some Jack Daniels and Coke.

You need to put the bios information in your sig because the very first question

from any question asked is what is it. So whatever problem your having booting,

raid, sata, ram, is bios version specific. Welcome!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElAguila
are you at a wall at any memory timings or just 2-2-5-2?

With any timings that are at 1T. These memory sticks will do 2.5-3-3-8 at 1T up to 230 and 3-3-3-8 at 1T up to 245. I have run it and tested it with these timings in a different board. That is why I was hoping to flash to 711 to get better stability as others have been able to run 1T after flashing but I cannot get it to flash and then boot properly. I have a dfi lp nf3 250 gb that I am quite pleased with. This one has been a little frustrating though. I have the chip puller that came with my rd1 pmc4 bios savior. It is pretty standard but don't usually pull chips by only catching 1 corner. I have seen them damaged that way too many times and that is the only way that I will be able to pull this one. I am not knocking dfi but I do know what my oc requirements are and the neo2 can meet them. I prefer to keep the dfi but I would like to know if dfi believes most of the issues have been resolved with 711 and have put further bios fixes on the back burner.

Maybe some Jack Daniels and Coke.

You need to put the bios information in your sig because the very first question

from any question asked is what is it. So whatever problem your having booting,

raid, sata, ram, is bios version specific. Welcome!

Sorry but I didn't put it in there because I started having the problem with the 705 bios which I liked by the way, until my raid went bad. :confused: Then I flashed to the 711 bios I haven't redid the raid array yet. I figured I'd ask before I redid the array and flashed back to the 705.

I don't think 711 has better "1T" properties over 602 or 705. After looking at

it from a larger idea with 2T and ddr600+ abilities of good ram these days and

larger bandwidth, I see that 2T is fine and probably preferred to 1T at higher

clocks and 1:1. I think dfi has tuned this board with that in mind if that will tell

you anything of this I don't know. The "cmos" save problem is just about to drive

me to beat my head against wall, 5 times today alone. It good thing board is

sitting on my desk out of case. This is very agravating issue I think we all know

and first would like solution for.

ELEQUILA..I cant speak for DFI .. But i would think that after the small series of BIOS and just minor fixes bein acheived.. That ther are taking their time to get a bios to the point that they feel That 99%of the problems are fixed.... Like i said just what I think... But this is a big market.. And as succesful as their OME lines are .. I would beleive that with the efforts so far.. With the NF4 boards.. And the NF3 250 .. and the nf2 boards.. surpassing just about everything out there... That they wouldnt just lay down on this board ... and give up..

Like i said just my opimion.

As far as the flashing part.. as many different ways there have been discussed here and How to cope with the boot problems? I like to tango, Some like to slow dance.. So for now jjust about need to find a dance ya like and dance it..

Good luck either way

Mysterfix:: Since your 711 bios you have method to go from cmos reset to save

settings. Have you done this before since Sata/Raid cmos change is something

will cause not to post if not drives disconnected when setting up first cpu/vcore/

ram/peripherals/boot/order. Have trouble saving then not posting?

Try this if that problem:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...2867#post192867

If thats ok and raid problem, describe what it is when problem is seen.

Do you have windows XP? If so, do you set in boot.ini to pause to pick os load

(this before ntld - nt loader). That can be set in os. I recommend pausing for

multi-boot screen instead of going straight from post to windows boot.

Mysterfix:: Since your 711 bios you have method to go from cmos reset to save

settings. Have you done this before since Sata/Raid cmos change is something

will cause not to post if not drives disconnected when setting up first cpu/vcore/

ram/peripherals/boot/order. Have trouble saving then not posting?

Try this if that problem:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread...2867#post192867

If thats ok and raid problem, describe what it is when problem is seen.

Do you have windows XP? If so, do you set in boot.ini to pause to pick os load

(this before ntld - nt loader). That can be set in os. I recommend pausing for

multi-boot screen instead of going straight from post to windows boot.

Yes when I switched to the 711 I had to unplug my sata drives in order to get to the post screen. But my problem is my raid array somhow got screwed up. I shut the machine down and removed the cpu but when I reinstalled the chip and booted back up I got BSOD. I thought I might have somehow damaged the chip but that was not the case. I got my windows XP disk and tried to reinstall after a reformat but the system would stop just short of starting the install. So I installed XP to my back up disk and that is what I'm using ATM.

How do I take pics in the bios or on desktop a then put them in paint? I have one optical drive its a dvd-r I have it connected to the secondary port on the mobo are there any difference from primary to secondary?

Bios. I don't have fastwrite/sideband problems though. Turn off sidband if you

are turning off fastwrite.

Hey Rodan....why do you disable sideband adressing too if you turn off Fastwrites...never did that...I don't think they are completely different settings...I know what fastwrites does, but I don't exactly know what sideband adressing does...

The "cmos" save problem is just about to drive

me to beat my head against wall, 5 times today alone. It good thing board is

sitting on my desk out of case. This is very agravating issue I think we all know

and first would like solution for.

I agree...I don't think a bios update is gonna fix the issues on this board...it's driving me nuts too...I'm off to get a soldering Iron to mod my Neo2....I'll keep you guys updated..

Guest bobyjo

JasonX:::Are you having problems with your board?

I know we went through a lot getting this thing up and running.

I was out of town yesterday, so I may have missed something.

If you want to disable fast write and sidebanding, these settings are in the bios page that contains the info on the video card.

When you look in device mgr you see a primary and secondary video card.

This is one of the things that sidebanding does. With Radeon cards, your video will perform much better if you have fast writes enabled.

You can turn these off, to do some troubleshooting etc.

In the long run, I think you will keep them enabled.