NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway to get more than 3.2v out of this board? Even set at 3.2v the bios only says its giving 3.08-3.14v.

This is killing my memory! :sad:

Please put a signature together so we can see what memory is being "killed"...

Hey guys, I've very new to these forums so any help will be REALLY appreciated.

I am interested in buying the DFI NF3 Ultra-D but I've put it on hold because I've read much about the unstability of the bios release etc.

It would be coupled with the following:

AMD x2 3800+

1GB Corsair XMS TwinX 3200

Powercolor ATi x800 pro 256mb (non-VIVO)

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATA 16MB 7200RPM NCQ

Antec 400W PSU

Firstly, a couple of questions. At this current stage, is this board stable enough to cope with the above setup in a stable fashion, especially under high load (big gamer)?

Is the board easily overclockable (I do have some knowledge of timings)

I have read most of this thread, and some of the 'cut down' thread as well, but still confused to no end. ANY help will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

Voltage readings are not acurate... If you have a strong 3.3 rail you will be close to 3.2

That´s not true.

My Kingmax have 3,03 at 3,2

the A Data have 3,12 at 3,2

my neighbours Geil have 3,17 at 3,2

Guest bobyjo

Spammeh:: I just purchased this board last week. I have had it a week today.

I have no problems at all. Rock solid for sure.

Very quick and not too bad to setup.

If you are good at setting up a bios, you will have no problems at all.

Hey guys, I've very new to these forums so any help will be REALLY appreciated.

I am interested in buying the DFI NF3 Ultra-D but I've put it on hold because I've read much about the unstability of the bios release etc.

It would be coupled with the following:

AMD x2 3800+

1GB Corsair XMS TwinX 3200

Powercolor ATi x800 pro 256mb (non-VIVO)

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATA 16MB 7200RPM NCQ

Antec 400W PSU

Firstly, a couple of questions. At this current stage, is this board stable enough to cope with the above setup in a stable fashion, especially under high load (big gamer)?

Is the board easily overclockable (I do have some knowledge of timings)

I have read most of this thread, and some of the 'cut down' thread as well, but still confused to no end. ANY help will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance

You may have problems with the Corsair memory. As far as the board being easy to overclock, I'd say no if you are not familiar with NF3/NF4 A64. There is a lot of stuff to tweak and sometimes must be tweaked to get it to run well. The board overclocks "well" if that's what you mean by easy but it also depends on your memory and processor, not just the board...

Spammeh:: I just purchased this board last week. I have had it a week today.

I have no problems at all. Rock solid for sure.

Very quick and not too bad to setup.

If you are good at setting up a bios, you will have no problems at all.

bobyjo, what processor are you running mate? Just out of curiosity.

Would I be able to overclock the board just using the tweak thread in these forums. And is there a specific model of corsair memory that has problems with this board?

bobyjo, what processor are you running mate? Just out of curiosity.

Would I be able to overclock the board just using the tweak thread in these forums. And is there a specific model of corsair memory that has problems with this board?

Corsair and DFI just do not get along well in general. Unless you already have the memory I would go with something else to be on the safe side. If you already have it...you will find out soon enough if you decide to go with DFI.

So its a bit of a gamble then hey :)

I know the x2's get reasonably warm, will a thermalright Thermalright XP-120 do whilst overclocking. Gonna try to about 2.4 (ish) or is the stock cooling not bad with the x2's?

I got the vantec iceberq for my northbridge but how do i remove the old heatsink? i push the springs as far as i could from the back of the motherboard but i still don't know how to get it off. i already have the fan off im talking about the heatsink.

I got the vantec iceberq for my northbridge but how do i remove the old heatsink? i push the springs as far as i could from the back of the motherboard but i still don't know how to get it off. i already have the fan off im talking about the heatsink.

Just sqeeze together the prongs that go threw the board. Then you can just pull it off. The tim is kinda sticky, so i'd turn it from left to right until it comes off...just be careful