Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Bobyjo Have you tried a 166 MAX MEMCLOCK setting to see how high you can go at those timings If you are wanting more overclock and Memory overclock .. I would start there .. test MEMTEST #5 if you have any errors either back it down or relax mem timings to 2.5 3-6-3. ... and if still have errors either back it off somemore or relax timings again to 2.5-4-7-3 and see where you end up

Big Hi! to everyone here, I'm new to these forums, and new to AMD 64 clocking. I've been running a mobile xp chip @ 2.4ghz for last 6 months, and have built my own comps for about 5 years now.

Cutting a story short, I decided I'd go a lil mad :P, I have currently sat in my front room, a vapo LS, with a lian li pc60 plus case, both black.. I have just ordered a SD 3700, an NF3 ultra board, 1 gig of xms corsair pc 4400, and enermax 600 watts!!

Now, I 've been patient, I started reading this thread from the start, I think AG actually got the board about page 20!!! I read on til 100, but I've been here 2 hrs now!!!

This is what I need: List of best bios revision, mboard drivers..

Also what to expect etc.. with regard to ram timings, I know they can't be exact, but just roughly what folk have got and found works for them..

Either that, or a link to an NF3 ultra 'guide'.. perhaps someone has grabbed all the best stuff from here (250+ posts) and stuck it in a much easier to read and follow 'guide'. (if no one has, why not? there's plenty out there like me who see the dfi as a way to keeping their high end AGP card for a little longer!)

This is a nice forum, with some great and helpful members, I look forward to becoming part of the community.

@ madwelsh - Here's a condensed Tips and Tweaks

And welcome aboard :D

mwahaha, I knew you'd be lurking!!! I feel like I know you already, but then reading 100+ pages on one thread can do that to a man!!!

TY

Hey guys, haven't looked at this thread since page 200.... a lot has happend! I was hoping to get a few questions answered though (and i haven't read the 50 pages.. no time :().

FIrst off, what bios is best for trying to get command rate of 1t working? And secondly, if I run 4 sticks of 512mb OCZ Performance Rev 3, what are the chances I can run 1t? I know the venice core is supposed to support it.. but what about the motherboard?

As it stands right now, I'm running 2 sticks of 512mb OCZ Performance Rev 3, and I can't even run it at 1t @ 180mhz :(

my results so far. running stable enough for gameing: 300X10 3GHz 1:1 3/4/4/8 2T X3 1.616v vcore in cpu-z. 705 bios, -30C on the evaporator under 100% load (i can't see the true temperature inside the core 'cause of impropper readings)

in other words this setup is a great performer. i am happy with this motherboard but there's more to be improved in the bios like memory deviders that are supported by the cpu and not codded in the bios. and better codding that everybody to be able to change things withot the need to trick the bios with going to windoz first and then changing settings and enabeling the raid after 3-4 reboots....

Guest bobyjo

In my case the 711 bios defaults the memory to run at 1T.

With memory settings setup the way you want, it will still run at 1T.

This is probably the best improvment of this bios.

madwelsh ::I would say the 711 is the best bios I have used. We really have a great selection out of "3". Have you thought about using the A64Tweaker in order to find "your" best memory timmings? This is the best, because your system is not gonna be the same as anyone else's.

blinker0::I am running 166 now, I was just hunting for the magic 300+ and the board will go there easily. I know the trial and error, stuff for tweaking the board settings.. Since I am a bankrupt Doctor "I don't have much patients" Too old to set here and tweak for hours on hours like I used to do. This thing runs well enough for me. Every now and then I will set here and give it a go with different numbers just to see.

Ive got them at 3.2V and when i try to go high i set the latency to 3-4-4-10 2T.

Do you think maybe the latency is too high or i am using too much juice?

And how long do you think they will last at that voltage?

I have the same memory but can't get more then 230 out of them.

Also how do you get the other dividers??? I don't see them in my BIOS

143 and 150

In my case the 711 bios defaults the memory to run at 1T.

With memory settings setup the way you want, it will still run at 1T.

This is probably the best improvment of this bios.

madwelsh ::I would say the 711 is the best bios I have used. We really have a great selection out of "3". Have you thought about using the A64Tweaker in order to find "your" best memory timmings? This is the best, because your system is not gonna be the same as anyone else's.

blinker0::I am running 166 now, I was just hunting for the magic 300+ and the board will go there easily. I know the trial and error, stuff for tweaking the board settings.. Since I am a bankrupt Doctor "I don't have much patients" Too old to set here and tweak for hours on hours like I used to do. This thing runs well enough for me. Every now and then I will set here and give it a go with different numbers just to see.

Been using 711 for a week now. Stability/performance is better for me on it than either BIOS before it.