Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Long PCI card? Does it still exist? :D

Then I suppose the cooler is just 0.5mm too high.

But it is still better than the hundreds of DFI NF3 Ultra-D fans that die miserably after barely one week of use... I was surprised to see how many people got this problem here.

well, my Compro DVT-300 Digital Capture card did it...so did my dad's capture card (i think)

Probably the first model: very good timings for 2x1Go and probably loves high voltages (surely some nice Winbond chips).

Second model: timings are slightly worse and activity LED are completely useless (unless you like flashy things). My second choice.

Third model: bad timings for such a low fsb (216MHz). 3-3-3-8 is only useful if it is certified for high fsb (250+), otherwise you lose in timings what you gain in speed. The problem being that 2x1Go are still quite new on the market and that you don't reach the same speed and timings than with 2x512Mo (same as when the market went from 2x256Mo to 2x512Mo, the production has to become more mature).

Actually, I know someone with the last kit, the PC3500. He has them at 250 FSB at stock timings. Not bad, considering a higher FSB is better for the Athlon 64s.

OCZ does have a brand new 2x1gb PC4000 set coming out this week, I'll be getting a set and I hear they are new Samsung chips, so they should fly.

Guest bobyjo

When I received my new board, I set the board up on a test bench to see about posting etc.

The board was DOA, like a dead short in something. After testing everything in my components, I found nothing, the last thing to see about was the chipset fan.

Unplugged the fan, turned on the power and "BEEP". I just removed the fan and replaced it with the fan off a Zalmen chipset cooler and all is OK.

I meant to remove the fan and heatsink and replace the whole thing with a copper hs/fan combo.

It is less thick as the original hs/fan. the fan I installed is a bit thicker than the original.

My video card touches the fan, but everything is working, so I will leave it this way for now.

I think DFI has gotton a bad batch of these 40mm fans.

Guest bobyjo

I am in need of some Shin-Etsu 751 thermal compound.

I just used the last drop when assembling this system. Had to squeeze hard just to bairly get enough to set this hs/fan on the cpu.

I didn't have enough so I cleaned everthing off, and used the zalman white compound that came with the hs/fan.

My cpu temps are about 2c higher than they used to be.

If anyone knows of a good outlet for this product, please let me know..

Don't try to persuade me to use AS 5 or whatever, cause I will never use a compound that is conductive.

Thanks BJ

I am in need of some Shin-Etsu 751 thermal compound.

I just used the last drop when assembling this system. Had to squeeze hard just to bairly get enough to set this hs/fan on the cpu.

I didn't have enough so I cleaned everthing off, and used the zalman white compound that came with the hs/fan.

My cpu temps are about 2c higher than they used to be.

If anyone knows of a good outlet for this product, please let me know..

Don't try to persuade me to use AS 5 or whatever, cause I will never use a compound that is conductive.

Thanks BJ

AS5 is capacitant not really conductive, but you're right not good to get on motherboards, but really it is so easy to be careful with it and get it only on the cores...

Or in the Uk you can Shin-Etsu X23-7783D here

Guest bobyjo

Katch::Thank you for your reply.

YaSee I live in Texas USA, so I am looking here.

I think I have found a supplier. CrazyPC wants $10.00 per gram, but I have found it from another source (wholesale) for $4.00 per gram, and it is the G751 product, so I have contacted this source about getting some.

ShinEtsu makes a 371 compound that is supposed to be twice as conductive as their 751 and both are two that AMD does recommend. I have tried them both and their prices are not so comptetitive as might be.

Went AS2, AS3 and AS5 and they are all about ~1C apart in general. Swapped to Ceramique as it is non-capacitive nor conductive and it would equal AS5 and cure/set be ready fully by 5-6 times faster than AS5.

Then I went to this and am staying as it is price proficient and measuring as simply as most are able to do > it is the equal of any out at this time.

http://www.cluboc.net/reviews/thermal_paste/oczultra5/

I am not sure of all the spec'ing crap and I do act as if it is capactive and conductive but when I must change processors sometimes upwards of 6 times a week> price becomes a factor for sure.

Have also found a quick break in procedure for any of those hsf compounds and you likely can find it like I did when researching break-in TIM.

RGone...

Would 4 sticks of 512mb be better then 2x1024mb?

I put 4 sticks for ram in before and it wouldn't boot, the where the same brand but not the same speed.

I would only use the same brand and speed... Every thing matching

I just don't want to buy 4x512mb and then not have the thing boot up.

I have no problem buying 4x512mb but if it doesn't work I wont be happy.

So i was thinking of just getting the 2x1024mb then.

I just need it to do about 220-235fsb ram speeds, Don't really care about 1:1 as I didn't see much of a diff in games.

Just a opinion, but If it was me I would go with 2X1024... With this board I would think you would be able to at least go 250 1:1 with good ram.. heck you may get lucky and get higher.. May have to relax the timings some .. But even @ that overall performance is the name of the game.. Right