Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

711 nor 705 play nice with me. Flash goes fine and am able to post and get into bios, but aftere making changes neither will post again reliably. I gotta clear the cmos and start over, but it'll post everytime after clearing the cmos. Back on 602 again and its been the best for me yet.

711 nor 705 play nice with me. Flash goes fine and am able to post and get into bios, but aftere making changes neither will post again reliably. I gotta clear the cmos and start over, but it'll post everytime after clearing the cmos. Back on 602 again and its been the best for me yet.

Have you tried some of the methods that people have used to get it working properly? The massive one from the last page is here.

7/11 works good forme, no cold boot loop. I'm on raid 0.

Good to hear :) Did you do any special method after flashing or were you able to change things at will without any side-effects like refusing to boot?

I'd like to know what specifically causes the whole cold boot thing, but you'd need to look at everyone's setups and try to find similarities.

---dens

I'd like to know what specifically causes the whole cold boot thing, but you'd need to look at everyone's setups and try to find similarities.

---dens

Trial an error alot. No, reread walkthrough its change. Important the most is

boot order had most problems, why would be that? I conclude board is have

alot ide problem since infinite loop detect ide device (like cdrom retry's). More

after hope it not electronic.

the MB is devenitiv bull crap or the BIOS and the install tips :sweat: i install my MB and make HULA HULA 1 2 3 (thats the MBdance) and nothing . board

the MB is devenitiv bull crap or the BIOS and the install tips :sweat: i install my MB and make HULA HULA 1 2 3 (thats the MBdance) and nothing . board

Agree bios is problem. 602 had cold boot, 705/711 don't. Bios is cause not

hardware. I would wait to throw it away. Software (bios) issues difference.

Hang on. If they fix cmos save issues (ide problems) soon, you will not get too

sunburnt.

Guest NEC

Just fired it up an hour ago. booted 4 times, no cold boot. 1 stick of RAM, in closest to the CPU, touched nothing: 2 2 2 5 2T, didn't get into BIOS yet, hehe.

The chipset fan spinned about 3mins without noises :D and I won't get an NBJ47 until a couple of weeks. Damn.

Can't consider myself lucky yet, can I ?

PS: testing signature (oh, need to update it)

PS2: just realised I need a CD Drive to install Windows. Gonna get it.

Damn. Again.

Just fired it up an hour ago. booted 4 times, no cold boot. 1 stick of RAM, in closest to the CPU, touched nothing: 2 2 2 5 2T, didn't get into BIOS yet, hehe.

The chipset fan spinned about 3mins without noises :D and I won't get an NBJ47 until a couple of weeks. Damn.

Can't consider myself lucky yet, can I ?

PS: testing signature (oh, need to update it)

PS2: just realised I need a CD Drive to install Windows. Gonna get it.

Damn. Again.

hey!

yeah, it seems good for you...

i have fairly similar specs (same RAM, PSU, CPU cooler, MB....duh!)

so, i can help you...BTW, wat does the BP mean in your sig with your RAM???

and try sticking both sticks of RAM in (assuming your sig is correct), and put them in the YELLOW slots...

Guest NEC
i have fairly similar specs (same RAM, PSU, CPU cooler, MB....duh!)

Yeah, noticed that the last couple of weeks, I've been following the people with the most parts I have :-)

so, i can help you...BTW, wat does the BP mean in your sig with your RAM???

BP: Brain Power PCB

and try sticking both sticks of RAM in (assuming your sig is correct), and put them in the YELLOW slots...

Yes, I was wondering if I should try to install WinXP now, but I think the second stick first is better, let's see how it behaves . . . in yellow then.

After waiting for four weeks my board came back from RMA.

I got now a new board from dfi. When i started it up, the new bios was already on the board. Also 1t did work just when it started.

So i did some tests:

fixed7cx.th.png

Vid mode = default

sofar4zd.th.png

Vid mode = 1.475

What did DFI fix on my board:

-Cold boot up bug

-1t mode

-vid mode

Also the board feels more stable, then my previous one!

What did DFI fix on my board:

-Cold boot up bug

-1t mode

-vid mode

Also the board feels more stable, then my previous one!

I dunno how long you've been following this thread, so it may be a little difficult to word it. If you were aware of the resistor "issue" that was mentioned a couple of weeks ago i'm wondering what has actually been changed physically to the board - most importantly if the resistor has been removed or is still there. Of course if they just replaced the resistor withone of greater resistance it'd do the job, just that you wouldn't be able to tell if it had changed or not ;)

Damn you're lucky though. I'd have to wait a very long time to get an RMA'd board back. That's one major problem with living in this part of the world.

To be honest, I hope it was a combination of newboard/new BIOS that helped you gain that result.

Oh, and nice CPU clock btw ;)

Edit: Damn, i'm having the same problems that I was having with 705. I can't change one thing in the BIOS without it just refusing to boot afterwards. Doesn't matter what method I use I just can't boot. I'm going to go back to 602 once again and see if running my TCCD in the yellow slots can help me. I'm skeptical but i'd rather know.

---dens