NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

This is the big problem and maximum confusion. What we set in bios is not correct cuz of the stupid lil regulator. What we see with monitoring software including the bios is not correct. Applying what rebel and hoot measured across all of all boards isn't the safest thing to do but I trust it more that what we are seeing in the bios and the desktop...

The board is undervolting, we know that. Not overvolting.

So when I had it just at Default, which is suppose to be 1.35 for my CPU, its really like around 1.20, maybe a bit lower. So going +.4, to me, doesn't make any sense that it would be a jump to 1.63, when both CPU-Z and Smartguardian and NvTune report around 1.4-1.47. And the BIOS just reports 1.4, with no flucuation.

What is Rebel using to report differently?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought i let everyone know it's still running flawless

Bios 705

262x10=2620

262x3x2=1572

Cpu VID 1.50 Bios 1.44v ,Cpu-z 1.392v, Everest 1.38v to 1.41v (you deside which i right)

memory (yellow Slots) 200/1:1 , 1T 2.5,3,6,3 2.7v Shows 2.8v (30% reduction) no memtest errors at all :)

I just wished the 4x was working past 240 :(

Oh one last thing i boots every time know :)

Just thought i let everyone know it's still running flawless

Bios 705

262x10=2620

262x3x2=1572

Cpu VID 1.50 Bios 1.44v ,Cpu-z 1.392v, Everest 1.38v to 1.41v (you deside which i right)

memory (yellow Slots) 200/1:1 , 1T 2.5,3,6,3 2.7v Shows 2.8v (30% reduction) no memtest errors at all :)

I just wished the 4x was working past 240 :(

Oh one last thing i boots every time know :)

I must say that my system has been running flawless over the last few days also.

250x10=2500 CPU-z 1.525v

Running at DDR333 what ever divider that is hehehe. 1T 3-4-8-3 2.9v

Been running BF2 for a few hours on end without problem and the system has been running very smooth.

And when they take the resistor out it overvolts by about the same amount that it was undervolting...Which is why I'm in no hurry to rma or remove the resistor cuz I kinda have an idea of where I'm at right now. Now lets say the new rev has this resistor removed...How thay gonna make a one bios fits all for people like me who intend to hang on to the board? They have some serious work left to do.

The board is undervolting, we know that. Not overvolting.

So when I had it just at Default, which is suppose to be 1.35 for my CPU, its really like around 1.20, maybe a bit lower. So going +.4, to me, doesn't make any sense that it would be a jump to 1.63, when both CPU-Z and Smartguardian and NvTune report around 1.4-1.47. And the BIOS just reports 1.4, with no flucuation.

What is Rebel using to report differently?

Rebel is using a digital multimeter, not software. Actual vcore and vdimm measurements. No software...

And when they take the resistor out it overvolts by about the same amount that it was undervolting...

Yeah, I know that, so what I'm saying is correct then. I don't think those readings by Rebel are accurate. I think he is saying the board is pushing more volts with the + settings than it really is, as this board undervolts, not overvolts *WITH the resisitor*.

I mean, with +.3, I cannot even boot with my current config, as like I said, it undervolts. So if he is saying Default +.3 is 1.51, I just don't believe that at all, as it should boot with that much volts.

Yeah, I know that, so what I'm saying is correct then. I don't think those readings by Rebel are accurate. I think he is saying the board is pushing more volts with the + settings than it really is, as this board undervolts, not overvolts *WITH the resisitor*.

I mean, with +.3, I cannot even boot with my current config, as like I said, it undervolts. So if he is saying Default +.3 is 1.51, I just don't believe that at all, as it should boot with that much volts.

Yeah I tried 250 X 11 and wnet to Default +5 and no cigar so I clocked it back down.

cpuz tells me 1.62vcore and i use +.4????? is there something wrong i dont know about because i am otherwise stable as can be.

I too use +.4 and my bios reads 1.59 and cpuz and any other monitoring program reads 1.55 -1.56...

Yeah im using default.4 Rebel said it was 1.6 , temps are 39-42 in bios, but who knows, i have zalman 7700cu, and have 92mm fan tunnel blowing down on HSF and RAM, while a 80cm right under to blow to videocard Antec 1088 is the best bloody case.

I just wished the 4x was working past 240

you dont want HTT multi that high when overclocking. The NF3 chipset was never made to go past 800Mhz, while the 939 cpu is a 1000Mhz HTT....

always drop the HTT/LDT multi to 3x when clocking, and lower when really clocking. You want to give this a read to find the 'ideal' HTT/LDT speeds, and again, keep in mind, that the NF3 chipset was NEVER intended to support 1000Mhz HTT speeds (regardless of what cpu is in it...which would have been 754 cpu's with 800Mhz HTT/LDT):

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3846

Yes they were kind enough to reply to me 3 days after my review submission.

First, heres a couple of reviews from guys named N/A (he reviews alot) and

like "Dually" and "Sharky".

I am only posting this incase these folks might have hit on some settings that

we missed. Apparently all these people have super-solid boards......

But u know at least "someone" is posting a review so that you may make an

educated decision on the purchase of this product.

---------------------------------------

Dually -

This was the last piece I needed to build my system. I had bought a X800XT AIW from newegg, which they offered at a great deal, which in turn made me build an AGP system. I also bought an Athlon 64 X2 4400+. I was reading from various computer sites (anandtech, xbitlabs, etc..) that dual-core agp motherboards were hard to come by. I was going to buy the famous MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum but I found that they only offered a beta bios for dual-core processors. This motherboard is the only good brand name board with the nforce3 chipset that I saw supported dual core processors. I am not dissapointed =]

If there are other dual core agp users looking to buy a motherboard I would recommend this one only if you know your way around the bios. At first, my system crashed every five minutes or so. I did some investigation and found that the motherboard set the default voltage to the processor at 1.1V. I hiked it up to the 1.4V-1.5V range and now it works (and overclocks) like a charm! So remember dual core users to change the vcore!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ (2.4GHz)

DFI UT nF3 Ultra-D

ATi Radeon X800XT AIW

1GB Corsair TwinX DDR400

Seagate 160GB Sata with NCQ (feature good for dual core users!)

Lian-Li PC-60Plus

----------------------------------------

(this guy thanks newegg profusely, prolly cause they ship so prompt...)

Sharky -

Very good board

This board rocks, I just got

it a week ago, it's perfect for folks with good AGP video card and want the Venice

A64, took me a while to figure out everything due to the lack of

documentati... More »

This board rocks, I just got

it a week ago, it's perfect for folks with good AGP video card and want the Venice

A64, took me a while to figure out everything due to the lack of

documentation, but it turned out to be a real overclocker, rock solid:

A64 3000+ Venice @ 2.7Ghz (300*9) with stock heatsink, fan and Arctic

Silver 5

G.Skill DDR 600LA(TCCD)running 1:1@300MHz, 2.5-4-3-7 1T

(the best ram I've ever used)

Raptor WD740GD 74GB

cpu-1.475v

ram-2.85v

chipset-1.65v

Prime95 stable, Super PI 1M 31s, good thing is that it's running so cool, idling at 39, full load at 55 on

air with stock cooling, we can use it day in and day out, not just for benchmark. Highly recommended if u r to upgrade. Go, AMD!! Thanks to newegg excellent service!

Very happy!!!

-----------------------------------

(I like this one, bad english, prolly someone from here...)

homeless -

questionable ATM

there another 2 reviews way before july 2.05. saying having problem with this board and at dfi-street.com there are 117 pages discuess about the issues with this board. very questionalbe at the momen... More »

there another 2 reviews way before july 2.05. saying having problem with this board and at dfi-street.com there are 117 pages discuess about the issues with this board. very questionalbe at the moment.

.cold boot problem

.bio self reset

.wrong agp voltage

.and alot more....

------------------------------------------------

(here's N/A, he posts alot on newegg, and he loves the service!)

N/A -

This board is not buggy, at least not for me. It also rocks, I just got it a few days ago,

it's perfect for folks with good AGP video card and want the Venice A64, took me a while to figure out everything due to the lack of documentation, but it turned out to be a real overclocker, rock solid:

A64 3000+ Venice @ 2.7Ghz (300*9) with stock heatsink, fan and Arctic Silver 5, no need for heatpipe or copper

G.Skill DDR 600LA(TCCD)running 1:1@300MHz, 2.5-4-4-8 1T

(This is the best ram I've ever used, if u have an a64 chip you owe it to yourself)

Raptor WD740GD 74GB

cpu-1.475v

ram-2.85v

chipset-1.65v

Prime95 stable, Super PI 1M 31s, I even got some pics to share, the good thing is that it's running so cool, idling at 39, full load at 55 on air with stock cooling, we can use it day in and day out, not just for benchmark. Highly recommended if u r to upgrade. Go, AMD!!

Very happy!!!

Also thanks to newegg's excellent service.

----------------------------------------------------

(here's the money bags guy I guess who knows "rock solid" when he f**ks with it)

eldorado -

awesome OC board

This is probably the best board available for socket 939 and AGP. The board really performs. However, the IDE raid blew up on me after a few hours (of course, just minutes after I had deleted my backup). Took many hours of work to recover, but luckily I was able to recover my data. I will never use IDE raid again -- stick to SCSI for that.

The raid went funky after I pushed the OC pretty far -- so just don't use it.

Other than that, nice mobo. Oh, one last thing, there are no clear dividers for DRAM/FSB. You can force the DRAM to 166/133/100, then push fsb to wherever you want to go. I'd have preferred the standard list of available integer dividers.

When OCing, ram will post at 100/166/200 (or x2 for dual channel), not at the true ram freq. Not to worry, the ram is really overclocked, just takes some faith to get past the post figures.

So, in summary, great OC board, but not for the uninitiated. You kind of have to know what your doing to get this thing to move. But move it will.

----------------------------------------------------------

(here's N/A again, be sure to disable cpc like he says...)

N/A -

nf4

its a good board, except disable cpc in memory settings

----------------------------------------------------------------

(here's sharky who loves and thanks newegg for their "awsome" products...,

oh yeah, he couldn't be happier. Oh sharky did a double almost the same as this,

all in all he use the word "solid" 12 times)

sharky -

This board rocks

This board rocks, I just got it yesterday,

it's perfect for folks with good AGP video card and want the Venice A64,

it took me a while to figure out everything due to poor documentation,

but it turned out to be a real overclocker, rock solid:

A64 3000+ Venice @ 2.7Ghz (302*9) with stock heatsink and fan /Artic silver 5

no need for heatpipe or copper heatsink,

G.Skill ddr 600LA(TCCD)running 1:1@300 2.5-4-4-8 1T

cpu-1.55v

ram-2.95v

chipset-1.75v

Super PI 1M 31s

Couldn't be happier, five golden eggs,

thanks to newegg superfast shipping and awesome products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And now MY REVIEW which apparently was not ready for prime time. Its in the reply email at the bottom. You know I'm kinda dissapointed seeing howas I have

spent over 10 grand at newegg. Jeez....

NineBall -

Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate your business and thank you for your product review.

Newegg.com moderates products reviews to ensure that all commentary complies with our Submission Guidelines. Because we receive 500-1000+ product reviews each day, it is essential to screen customers' analysis to make certain inappropriate content is never posted to our website. Our product review Submission Guidelines have been provided below for your reference.

PRODUCT REVIEW SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

========================================================

Newegg.com moderates all review submissions to ensure that only reviews that offer helpful insight are published.*

What to include in your submission:

-Experiences with a fully-functional product leading to perceived pros and cons**

-Thoughts about the product's feature-set as you've experienced it

What NOT to include in your submission:

-Profanity, obscenity and other offensive language

-Single-word reviews

-Non product-specific reviews

-Any mention of Newegg.com's competitors by name

-URLs, specific pricing, and specific availability (or other time-sensitive information)

-Experiences with a DOA, defective, damaged or otherwise semi-functional product**

-Reviews that criticize the brand or reseller without a majority of the review offering product-specific insight

*Newegg.com reserves the right to accept or reject any review in its sole and absolute own discretion

**DOA's (Dead On Arrival) are an unavoidable aspect of any business model that involves direct shipment to customers. Please understand that Newegg.com ships only products it assumes to be functional and that any defective product you may have received was either damaged in transit or was anomalous.

Unfortunately your review was deemed unsuitable by our site moderators. Because your critique is important to the Newegg.com community, we wanted to give you the opportunity to look over your review so that you may remove any objectionable content and resubmit it for posting. Please also make certain you do not use any of the following words or symbols: Select, Insert, Update, Delete, Drop or --.

Your experiences with our products lend valuable insight to all visitors to our site. We look forward to reading and subsequently posting your revised review. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.

DECLINED REVIEW

This board is a peice of garbage

I've had it for 4 weeks since 6/15 when it came out.

Kindest regards,

Newegg.com Customer Care