Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

well you got PC4000 which is supposed to do 250 (DDR500)

if it wont do DDR500 then I'd start to ask Corsair about it.

but I have some 4200EL that does 266, and when i clocked 1060Mhz on my 754 sempron, i had to drop finally all the way down to DDR150 to get a good stable 333HTT (2660Mhz!)

i don't have the DDR150 option...

Dude you are running the same as I. what fps you getting in bf2 at max settings on anything near 1280x1024. Once artillery comes down its 15-20fps, 23-30fps under heavy combat, and 30-40 average, 60-100 when flying or lookin at single spots of the map.

Hey guys, I got an exchange on my board to see if it was a particular board or not and now it's even worse :) Now I got cold boot problems which the other board didn't have (which I don't think BIOS can fix) and my Corsair still doesn't run stock on any of the dividers.

So how was your day? :)

Hey guys, I got an exchange on my board to see if it was a particular board or not and now it's even worse :) Now I got cold boot problems which the other board didn't have (which I don't think BIOS can fix) and my Corsair still doesn't run stock on any of the dividers.

So how was your day? :)

LOL!!!!!! Well ya got the the right attitude my friend...Aint that a classy lady! 705 perhaps????? It seems to have helped alot with cold boot for many users...

LOL!!!!!! Well ya got the the right attitude my friend...Aint that a classy lady! 705 perhaps????? It seems to have helped alot with cold boot for many users...

It's already at the point where I just hysterically laugh at everything this board does, it's surreal :)

I'm gonna try 705 but I really don't believe in it, I tried it when it just came out and other than telling me I had 'corrupt BIOS' it didn't bring anything new to the table (still no SCSI or Corsair RAM).

And the wait continues :)

Dude you are running the same as I. what fps you getting in bf2 at max settings on anything near 1280x1024. Once artillery comes down its 15-20fps, 23-30fps under heavy combat, and 30-40 average, 60-100 when flying or lookin at single spots of the map.

If u were talkin to me... we are basically the same except your graphics card is way better. Mine is a plain 6800 and it is basically only stable at stock settings 325/700 (ick) Its a ltitle faster than an overclocked 6600GT basically lol.

in bf2 I run 1600X1200 4AF 0AA , medium everything except high lighting effects. It seems very playable to me, some things really kill the fps but its only when lots of smoke(not comming out of the graphics card, smoke in the game). Everywhere else feels over 30fps and often way above that.

As far as loading maps I load maps up in about 10-12 seconds and like anothe 10-12 seconds for the join button. Seems really fast to me usually i'm the first or one of the first.

I've been testing 1T all day in freebsd and I find it ridiculous that windows crashes during boot. I recompiled a kernel with it and am running on the kernel. and I compiled tons of stuff. Memtest86 is also stable too so i dunno what is the deal with windows. One thing i'm thinking is i havn't enabled sound yet. Its possible nforce 3 needs new drivers or something. I'm pretty sure freebsd 5.4 drivers are relatively cutting edge. They may not be stuffed with lots of features but they definitely get the newest technologies into thier software. I cite an example that freebsd was one of the first OS to support amd 64. It could possibly be that windows is too slow for 1T in some cases and whatever method its drivers are doing doesn't allow the hardware enough time to return the result in 1T under some conditions even though the hardware is really capable.

i had my chip at

220x9 1:1, STABLE - default vcore

240x9 5:6(DDR166), STABLE - default vcore

260x9 5:6(DDR166), +.3vcore NO BOOT even though my memory was only going 216mhz.

280x9 2:3(DDR133), STABLE - +.4vcore <---- Current setup.

I think there is something screwy with the dividers also... But I also know that I need better ram. Who knows?

Run some 3d benchmarks and see what results you get

260x9 166divider

290x9 133divider or do a FPS comparison.

from what Angry Games said, 133 should hammer it down, so the 260x9 should be faster.

See if its true in your case. I'll try mine once I get home.

well, I did a bench just to see the difference in bandwidth in sandra between 400mhz 1:1 and 400mhz 133/200 and my current setup beat 1:1 by 300mb probably because the huge inrease in cpu speed. Right now i'm like 4750bandwidth and 11500 MIPS. it certaihnly isn't the greatest scores in the world but considering the ram is pretty old and the cpu was cheap I'm happy.

lol ur ram is quite a bit better than mine as well.

If u were talkin to me... we are basically the same except your graphics card is way better. Mine is a plain 6800 and it is basically only stable at stock settings 325/700 (ick) Its a ltitle faster than an overclocked 6600GT basically lol.

in bf2 I run 1600X1200 4AF 0AA , medium everything except high lighting effects. It seems very playable to me, some things really kill the fps but its only when lots of smoke(not comming out of the graphics card, smoke in the game). Everywhere else feels over 30fps and often way above that.

As far as loading maps I load maps up in about 10-12 seconds and like anothe 10-12 seconds for the join button. Seems really fast to me usually i'm the first or one of the first.

I've been testing 1T all day in freebsd and I find it ridiculous that windows crashes during boot. I recompiled a kernel with it and am running on the kernel. and I compiled tons of stuff. Memtest86 is also stable too so i dunno what is the deal with windows. One thing i'm thinking is i havn't enabled sound yet. Its possible nforce 3 needs new drivers or something. I'm pretty sure freebsd 5.4 drivers are relatively cutting edge. They may not be stuffed with lots of features but they definitely get the newest technologies into thier software. I cite an example that freebsd was one of the first OS to support amd 64. It could possibly be that windows is too slow for 1T in some cases and whatever method its drivers are doing doesn't allow the hardware enough time to return the result in 1T under some conditions even though the hardware is really capable.

Have you tried increasing the chipset voltage ?

well, I did a bench just to see the difference in bandwidth in sandra between 400mhz 1:1 and 400mhz 133/200 and my current setup beat 1:1 by 300mb probably because the huge inrease in cpu speed. Right now i'm like 4750bandwidth and 11500 MIPS. it certaihnly isn't the greatest scores in the world but considering the ram is pretty old and the cpu was cheap I'm happy.

lol ur ram is quite a bit better than mine as well.

forget sandra

run benches that matter (if you are a gamer) like 3dmark01, aquamark, etc

forget this memory bandwidth thing...focus on benching cpu mhz and seeing which scores you better