Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Cmon O. Woo "Help those that can't help themselves"

The real blame goes nVidia and thier slightlty better than VIA chipsets .Go ,Go ATI,ULI

well said General D

lol, was that referring to me?

Anyway, I forgot to mention that thanks to this thread i'm now happily running MBM with this board. Smartguardian wasn't a program that I wanted to run for prolonged periods, and it seems all the problems i've had in the past with previous versions of MBM have now been fixed.

---dens

Hmmm......I'm thinking at this point I shoulda just listened to my friend, sold the 6800GT and gone with the NF4....unfortunately I've never had real good luck at selling things, so I didn't know what the chances of me actually being able to get the 6800GT sold would be.

This cold boot crap pisses me off, and I wonder if it's just added wear and tear on my PSU having to click it off and back on every single day.

No I don't worship DFI nor do I consider them the end all solution for enthusiast boards, but you gotta admit the Nf2 and nf4 boards are basically widely known for their reputations....Abit basically slipped up in the K8 OC'ing market IMO, and now a board like the MSI Neo2 Plat is considered the best oc'er for it's class and it really isn't even that great.

Basically overall, the nf3 sucks a chipset, and beyond that this board was made with ridiculous hardware and BIOS flaws =/

Don't even know what to do at this point.......memory runs fine for a few days, next thing I know I'm getting BSOD's out of the blue.

Posting again.

Just to state again, I've had no real issues with this board.

This is my current 100% stable setup.

My HTT is 260 on a Winchester 3200+ my memory is set at 200.

CPU : 2.6 ghz MEM : 520 DDR

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~renevant/fi...t260-mem520.JPG

To the guy threatening a class action, all I have to say is OMG you will be laughed at if you go ahead with it. The only issue that seems to be prevalent is the undervolting of the cpu, whether this effects overclocking I don't know I can guarantee though that this board overclocks better than my Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939 did which is what I was using previously. The maximum I could get to with it was 250HTT. I've messed around with an Asus a8V rev2 also and couldn't go above 240HTT.

Seriously. I don't see how some people are jumping up and down whining about the board when there are people with no problems. I suppose it's possible that because I'm using a winchester that i'm spared. If you want my honest opinion though this is a pretty good board I don't really see why people are going so feral.

I feel like doing a dual layer burn with data verfication on now just to prove this board is fine I got a blank sitting here.

Renevant's System :

Case : Lian Li V1000+

Motherboard : DFI Lanparty UT nF3 ULTRA D with Swiftech MCX159-R

Power Supply : Topower 686P6 580W Power Supply

Memory : 2 x 512MB Kingmax "Hardcore" DDR500

CPU : Athlon64 3200+ "Winchester" Core with Thermalright XP120 heatsink

Video : Albatron Geforce 6800 Ultra with Zalman VF700-Cu VGA Cooler

Hard Disk : 300GB Maxtor Diamondmax10 Serial ATA (16mb cache)

Sound : Creative Audigy2 ZS PCI

DVD Burner : Pioneer DVR109 dual-layer capable

Nubius by overclocking do you notice any increase in fps? From stock settings to 2700 , and oced gt, i see no real difference.

I play bf2 on 1280x1024 max reso, get average 30-40fps, can go up to 100 when flying, but arti comes down or too much action it goes down to 15-20

And sometiems i get a bit of stutter, and ive tried, Bios cache on, and turn of Age Sidebanding

Finally got to the last post in this thread. I had gotten to the end awhile ago but since then, a lot of posts.

First off, I am a happy user with this board. I can understand those that are upset with getting a board that doesn't "work properly" and if that means that it isn't working at stock/default settings then I would be angry also. My board booted up on the first try and while it is very finicky, I have only one complaint and that is the cold boot issue (and it really isn't that big a deal to me). There shouldn't be a problem like this on stock settings on a released motherboard.

I can't compare the performance of my chip or my ram on other boards as this is the first 939 board I've had. I can say that I was dissappointed in the Gskill's performance on the DFI NF3 250GB but I love the way my Buffalo bh5 runs on that board.

The bottom line is, if this board won't perform the way it is supposed to on stock/default settings then RMA it for a new or different board. If it doesn't perform the way you want it to when overclocking then, that's the way it goes.

I am using this board on my second system and I very much like it. I just got done doing a Prime95 with it for 12 hours with my week 15 Venice 3200. It is currently running at [email protected] Same speed as my Venice 3800 which I paid twice as much. I need to update the memory on it, currently using my Corsair XMS PC3200 from my old Nforce 2 days. The only real problem I have with it is the cold boot. Right after I start the computer, I have to push in the reset button for 2 seconds. I can live with that for now. I sure they are going to come out with a bios to fix some of the problems with this board.