Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Everything up to 267MHz 2.5-3-3-7-1T is stable. Above that Superpi errors out.

Is there even any advantage to the 705 BIOS? After this afternoon's problems i'm not sitting through 20 bloody reboots of windows just to get a BIOS working, that probably won't even fix what I need it to. Unless someone with the 705 BIOS can show it improving 1T on 2x 512MB TCCD modules, there's no reason for me to upgrade.

---dens

Hi all,

Flashed to the 705, cold boot issues seemed fixed - now running at 2602mhz (288*9, ram divider 166 @ 2-3-2-6 2T), passed Super_PI 32M, ran a few benchmarks (sandra/ everest/ 3dm03) no prob. Gonna run Prime later after work. Still stuck at 2T though. Anyway, there's one minor prob: i had to retry a few times for the bios to save the actual fsb i selected (288) in BIOS. It'd boot @ 269x9... took me a few reboots to make it stay at 288. Maybe coz i'm running the 166 mem divider?

Thx in advance

Is there even any advantage to the 705 BIOS? After this afternoon's problems i'm not sitting through 20 bloody reboots of windows just to get a BIOS working, that probably won't even fix what I need it to. Unless someone with the 705 BIOS can show it improving 1T on 2x 512MB TCCD modules, there's no reason for me to upgrade.

---dens

I think anything over 260mhz 1T is unstable, try 2T

On the original bios where is the divider option. I cant for the life of me find it, or must i flash to another bios to check it?

I think anything over 260mhz 1T is unstable, try 2T

What do you think i've been running all this time? I've been running with the stock bios @ 295MHz 2.5-4-3-7-2T all this time, and wanted to see where the 1T limit was.

Seevip: Look into the Genie BIOS menu from the main page, go to "DRAM Configuration" and you'll see an option called "Max Memclock". The 166MHz divider is 5:4, the 133MHz divider is 3:2, and so on and so forth.

---dens

---dens

This board has limits with Trcd and CPC. 267Mhz is about the max at Trcd=3 and 1T for 2X512. Here's what I got and you do better then me with the OCZ:

dfinf3ultramemtest.jpg

Did some more testing with the 705 bios, turns out it just messes up my OC,

I can run 1t and I get much more accurate temperature readings, but my HTT won't go over something like 270, whereas on the 602, i'm comfortably running a 308HTT, I guess i'll just have to sacrifice 1t for a better cpu clock.

Yeah i'm also running some corsair 3200C2, v1.5 UTT, and it overclocks like ., I can't do over 210mhz with 2-2-2-x timings, with 3.2 volts selected in the bios.

Having fun with this board. Messing around with a 3000+ winchester today.

Couldn't really push it very far but my cheap kingmax memory is working hard.

I dropped the multiplier to 8X and set the memory to 166, then I set the HTT to 310. So my Kingmax DDR500 is running at DDR500. Timings I use are : 3-5-5-10 1T every other setting is left on AUTO. Over 7000 in sandra mem benchmark. VDIMM is 2.8V.

Bios 705 working without any problems, no problems saving settings.

It's totally stable I've been gaming with Warhammer 40K:Dawn of War all afternoon, no crash. So I know I got a board capable of at least 310 HTT which is cool.

EDIT : I edited this post because I was wrong about the speed of the memory, post is accurate now, I know this ram is good to at least 520.

I just upped the HTT to 315, i'll see how it goes.

Here's what Sandra says :

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~renevant/315htt166mem.JPG

Well I have been reading alot of the probs you guys are getting and Im not sure if I should get this board anymore do you think there will be a rev 2.0 or do you thiunk they will fix everything with future updates?

Okay juststarted clocking. I am lazy so i never follow the rules of finding max of this and that and this and that. Winflashed to 0705

Venice 3200+ as signature below.

Voltage set as 1.55+0.1 = 1.54 Rebel measured.

LDTx3

HTT301.7x9= 2715.7

Divider at 133:, ram running at 194mhz <-- this ram dosent overclocker for nothign, maybe test with higher voltages later but goddamn.

Temperaturs in bios around 39, but last time i start MM5, it lagged and said 33 who knows

Ram as below @ timings 2-3-2-10/1T

Ill try to push this system more, but it seems its close to max.

Well I have been reading alot of the probs you guys are getting and Im not sure if I should get this board anymore do you think there will be a rev 2.0 or do you thiunk they will fix everything with future updates?

There is really know way of knowing what DFI is going to do..... Many users have don't have any problems and many can barely POST...

My belief is that the board is super fussy with memory type and brand, but I don't have a "bad board" to try.... Seems to be various RAID and SATA issues that may be clouding the Overclock ability. Yet there are users with SATA-RAID that are overclocking also... Who knows what happens next....!