Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hello, i want to buy this board but i have some questions first, if you guys can help me it would be great.... I'm from Brazil.. it's a little more complicate to get the latest hardware here, so i need to be sure what to get before i buy something..

I have this config now

MSI K8T Neo 2 - VIA KT800 Pro chipset

Atlhon64 3200+ 939 Winchester core

OCZ EL PC3200 PLATINUM Rev2 2x512

ATi AIW X800XT(I just bought it but i didnt received it yet)

HD Western Digital 250GB SATA

My board is not that bad but a nForce one should get more use of my memory and could overclock much more than i can get with my board. A friend of mine is buying my mobo and processor and i'm getting a 3200 VENICE core. For the mobo i was going for the msi k8n neo 2 pl(because i chose a agp vga), but then DFI released this agp board.. i think its a good pick... do u think i'll be with a good config?

... and i want to put 2 RAPTOR on RAID and have a storage drive. I've read that just the SATA ports 3 and 4 have the PCI Lock, if i put the 2 raptors on them can i use ports 1 or 2 to put the storage HD or its better to have an IDE HD for Storage? what happens when i oc my system and have a SATA HD on ports 1 and 2?

thanx....

:cool:

What would the benefits be by rmaing the board besides removing the resistor or w/e it was to fix the vcore issue? Would they send a whole new board or just play around with this one 'til it's fixed? Also, is there anyway to get the stupid chipset fan to start on its own? :confused:

705 seems to be better for most people than those who had problems, so it seems like those are just user errors?

Cause generally the "people who know stuff" around here, seem to be running 705 fine.

Well, there are lots of users that cause there own problems for sure....

There was a user the other day that "knew" he couldn't overclock at all for zillions of reasons..... It became a self-fulfilling prophecy... Too bad....

There's another fella floatin' around here that couldn't OC til he dumped RAID....

Oh, well... good luck with your RMA....

Rebel I am clocked to 4800 speeds right now, what scares me is the voltage problem and the temps do you think they can fix these problems with a BIOS? If so I want to keep the board.

No amount of cmos clear time (overnight) or combo of saving fail-safe or optimized defaults will make the 705 bios save any setups and reboot. Tried mutiple flashes and it won't even save the date setting and reboot. Tried initially setting various memory timings and DQ to 50%, nada. Tried Vcore adjusts and Vdimm adjusts always after having saved either fail-safe or optimized defaults, no joy. The only thing 705 will save is the defaults for me!!! Changing any thing else results in never booting again. Just the luck I guess. Wish my running specs were worse on 602. I'm still tempted to keep it and hope for a better release.

Not bein a smart butt but DON'T change the date and time (do it in windows later). Do not enable smart for your hard drives. Do not change power setting to min savings. All the things I used to do right off the bat I have not touched. Those three things have not been touched and now this thing is behaving like 602. I swear to you I did the same thing, changed the date and time and wink wink wink went the friggin hard drive light and cd rom...

I clear cmos. Boot into bios and load opti defaults. I DO NOT exit and save but stay in and only enable my raid. After that I F10 and it boots into windows. After that it is ONE change at a time and into windows for the first five or six changes. After that it's make a change and listen for the blessed post beep and boot right back into bios and make another change...And I kid you not it is behaving just like 602 now....Now you do have to face north when hitting the delete key and say 6 hail mary's but it works!!! ;) And close yer left till you hear the post beep...hehehehehehehe...

I don't know, it just seems to have "stuck" now and it's workin fine. It booted right up this evening so no cold boot to speak of at this point....Is it worth it???? Hell I don't know it just works...And I won't be RMA'in anytime soon. To damned entertaining :D

No amount of cmos clear time (overnight) or combo of saving fail-safe or optimized defaults will make the 705 bios save any setups and reboot. Tried mutiple flashes and it won't even save the date setting and reboot. Tried initially setting various memory timings and DQ to 50%, nada. Tried Vcore adjusts and Vdimm adjusts always after having saved either fail-safe or optimized defaults, no joy. The only thing 705 will save is the defaults for me!!! Changing any thing else results in never booting again. Just the luck I guess. Wish my running specs were worse on 602. I'm still tempted to keep it and hope for a better release.

If your siggie is correct 1.5V+.6 is almost 2V actual...! Turn it down to 1.5+.3 max.....

Rebel I am clocked to 4800 speeds right now, what scares me is the voltage problem and the temps do you think they can fix these problems with a BIOS? If so I want to keep the board.

Set the shutdown to 60C in the BIOS and never look at temps again.... Use the chart in OldGuy's siggis for voltage.... After that: No problem..... Go on about your business...

@ Hoot - Thanks for all of yer input over the past couple of weeks man. Good luck with whatever you end up with (or go back to)...

I have to agree - thank you for putting such invaluable input into this thread, especially the data about the effects of removing the voltage regulation resistor. Most helpful. This is my first DFI board too, and despite ti running reasonably well, I just really wish they had waited a little bit longer to test it.

and you guys have to stop posting so much!!! i get up in the morning, and there are 7 more pages to the thread!!!! :P

I'll agree with that ;) I just got up after about 9 hours sleep to wake up to see there be about 5 more pages to read. It's good reading though :)

That is very expensive! Look for the G.Skill "LE"

Remember this is in Australian Dollars (AUD ;)). However it'd probably be closer to about US$300, which is still pretty expensive.

---dens

Set the shutdown to 60C in the BIOS and never look at temps again.... Use the chart in OldGuy's siggis for voltage.... After that: No problem..... Go on about your business...

Youre right I am keeping this board and hangin in there who knows I night just learn a bunch more.

Originally Posted by RebelsHaven

That is very expensive! Look for the G.Skill "LE"

Remember this is in Australian Dollars (AUD ;)). However it'd probably be closer to about US$300, which is still pretty expensive.

---dens

Patriot XBLK 2X512 which is TCCD is about $195US and is almost as good as G.Skill "LE"...

Youre right I am keeping this board and hangin in there who knows I night just learn a bunch more.

I was on the cutting edge with the K7S5A about 4 years ago and with all it's issues I wouldn't have traded that time for anything....

You and I and everyone else with this "bad boy", are on the cutting edge also...

We will tell our grandchildren about this board! I wouldn't trade these moments for anything.... :D

Thanks Old Guy and Rebelshaven.

Rebel my sig was off, should be right now. But my troubles were doing anything aside from setting defaults. I can boot into windows if I don't adjust anything but then trying to go back and adjust any setting got me that wink wink on the drive lights and no boot. I'll screw with it some more tomorrow but I don't really have the patience for this one. I have overclocked everything to come down the pike since the celeron 300 and never had these issues. Not sure it's worth all this!!