NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Heres some weirdness, bsod reading large file from dvd when otherwise been

stable.

Installed nforce beta drivers 6.37 found on dfi over the 5.10. Unzip the 637's

then copy the network folder from the 510 to the 637 (the 637 don't work for

nvlan). Run setup, deselect audio. Install the ide sw drivers if asked IF running

nvraid (its required, read the info edit box). Then reboot.

If the nvlan don't install, go to control panel, remove just the nvlan driver. Then install it.

Other way is to remove all nvidia. Install 510, then install 637 without nvlan.

So I check the scsi properties, and its running raid driver for NF4. The disk

performance is almost instantaneous. Much better than before. So maybe

theres something internal to be gained clockwise an stability wise. Who knows.

I didn't have a good chance to check it but will later.

Anybody try these?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......W.H.A.T T.H.E H.E.L.L......

3 weeks offline......come back...no sticky....no bios.....no nothing, except for this sorry excuse of a POS board.....what a .ing joke.... They gonna release a Rev2?

Sow....I waited this long for a joke like this?

Later.

yes rev 2 will arrive on mid-august

Hi guys,

I have recieved an e-mail from my retailer ,

apparently DFI europe will only accept the RMA for the winchester user so all the other cpu will not be supported by the RMA , and effectively a rev.2 is in the box (not yet ready) , possible ETA 15.08.2005 in DFI-EU Stock.

I have received my enermax noisetaker 495 today and I'm not stable anymore (reboot with sandra mem bandwith test) so I put back my zalman and everything is ok , strange thing is that I have 11.52v 4.84v at molex with my zalman and 11.90 4.88v with the enermax , I will RMA it and get a refund .

I have tried the bios 705 but not have any inprovement (my ram stop 1t at 260 like with the bios 602)

as anybody used the enermax can check the 3.3v rail with a multi , mine is at 3.08v at idle then under full load the pc reboot .

as anybody used the enermax can check the 3.3v rail with a multi , mine is at 3.08v at idle then under full load the pc reboot .

I think you just got a bad unit Tomati. I've never checked the rails on mine but it's never given me reason to. I can throw mine in a rig over the weekend and check it but really I just think you got a lemon...

Try 2.8~2.9 on the ram and reducing DQ to 50%...and for whatever reason, 705 seems a bit twitchy, sensitive on some systems in the beginning so one change at a time is the safest bet...started out like that last night and then as the night progressed or I just had a feel for it I was able to make several changes at a time without it puking on me.

Yea I took everything off auto and got my mushkin pc4400 at 278HTT 2.5-4-4-8 but have to reduce DQ 50% like you said for it to not error out in memtest.

By reducing the DQ hurt bandwidth alot?

Old Guy r u still running 705? ANd a user posted about using the beta NF drivers are those better?

Yes to the 705 and no, I haven't tried the other drivers. Sounds like something worth taking for a spin though. As soon as I get home I'll find out if I have "cold boot"...aside from that I'm really where I was over two weeks ago with 602 with regard to OC...Didn't have time last night to "really" try anything new. Just wanted to get back to where I was for starters...I might be able to squeeze 2.8g's out of the Sandy but it's already taking a bit more voltage than I'd like just to get 2.75...and it show's in the load temps if they are to be believed...

Yea I took everything off auto and got my mushkin pc4400 at 278HTT 2.5-4-4-8 but have to reduce DQ 50% like you said for it to not error out in memtest.

By reducing the DQ hurt bandwidth alot?

Actually I don't really think so. Very minimal if at all. If yer able to boot without it decreased do a Sandra run with and without it and see what the results are. So many things to test and so little time :D

......W.H.A.T T.H.E H.E.L.L......

3 weeks offline......come back...no sticky....no bios.....no nothing, except for this sorry excuse of a POS board.....what a .ing joke.... They gonna release a Rev2?

Sow....I waited this long for a joke like this?

Later.

---------->

Tell us how you really feel and please dont hold anything back. :D

Hahahaha . . . the two of you . . . half an hour of LOL

Thx.

It prepared me for the increasing rumors of a rev.2

I think you just got a bad unit Tomati. I've never checked the rails on mine but it's never given me reason to. I can throw mine in a rig over the weekend and check it but really I just think you got a lemon...

yes that's what I think too , bad luck , but a little cold to take an other one enermax , I will try the s12 500 w seasonic psu , hope it will better.

I'm I the only one that uses the Mainboard CD...?

No, that's where I pulled my drivers from (if that's what you mean).

And I'd also like to say that I too took the 705 bios plunge and have mixed results. First of all, it worked (yay!) and it also fixed a few things for me, while ruining some other things;

I can now run my PC3200 ram (OCZ PN- OCZ4001024ELDC-K 1GB, 2x512mb) at 200mhz. Before I had to keep it at DDR333 speeds in order to get to Windows (fresh install too). My timings are as follows: 2T 2.5-3-7-3 (rated at 2-3-6-2). Also, when trying to up my ram voltage, it won't post :( And as most others, I upped my VCore on the cpu to 1.425V with .1+V, seems to get me around 1.36V - 1.4V

Even though it boots to Windows and will run for a time (changes) it will eventually Blue-Screen and restart. I'm messing with ram timings (as mentioned above) in order to find a stable solution. I'm trying running my DQ Drive at 50% like others have done, just to see what happens.

So, all in all, I'm happier since I can run at DDR400 speeds but still working on stablizing my OS experiences.

Also, forgot to mention, with the 705 bios, running my ram at DDR333 seems more stable than DDR400 even though my ram is DDR400. I ran 628 bios and 602 bios before 705, and they worked out well with DDR333, but not at all with DDR400.