Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Every brand of memory including TCCD overclocks higher with increased Vdimm, but...... I have 2 80mm fans mounted directly above the memory modules.

Heat is a overclock killer for any component....

Man how do you mount two fans on the ram do you have a tutorial ?

If I get ddr booster for the OCZ PC3200 EL Gold Dual channel winbound BH my cpu is going to be a 3700sandy how far you reckon I can oce with these ram?

I agree with rebels This board is very picky when it comes to picky

I have OCZ4001024ELDCGE-K 2,2,2,5 &OCZ4001024ELDCGEC2-K 2,3,3,6 . they both have done a good job for me,. but seems my board I can get it stable =(atleast 12 hours of prime) @270 @2,3,2,5... My scores are faster at more relaxed timing.... But may be different for others

If you want to clock to to 300HTT, here's the memory I've had success with. I didn't list the bombs...

High Performance Memory And The DFI LP nF3 Ultra-D

Here is a roundup of 7 different TCCD memory brands/sizes run on the brand new DFI LP nF3 Ultra-D. To do this properly, I'll run the CPU below the default clock, with 1.7Vcore and I'll run the memory at 3.0Vdimm. I set the multiplier for 9X, and the HTT ratio for 3X, so as not to get anything else near it's limits.... The maximum HTT/FSB is determined by the ability to pass Memtest86 without error. Once errors were detected, the clock was backed off 5Mhz....

I'm only going to run the 4 different memory timings listed, as any looser setting negate the increase in HTT/FSB. The remainder of the timings were set on "Auto"... I didn't test Hynix or BH-5 memory as I want to always run 300 and higher. Normally I would run Trcd=3, but unlike other nF3/nF4 boards, this board requires Trcd=4 to get to 300HTT even with 2X256 of the best TCCD I have....

Here's The Test System Specs:

DFI LP nF3 Ultra-D

Venice 3200

629 BIOS

Vcore: 1.7V, measured

Vdimm: 3.0V, measured

nF4 Chip Voltage: 1.65V

Multiplier: 9X

HTT Ratio: 3X

Memory in Orange Sockets(1&3)

Maze4 Water Block

40mm Dynatron Fan on nF3 Chip

Multiple 80mm Fans blowing on the memory modules

Here's The Test Results:

dfinf3ultramemtest.jpg

Note: 4X256 modules would not complete the POST sequence under conditions if the CPC was set to 1T.

My old nf2 board had lots of probs too, asus a7n8x-d2. Finally loaded Trat's

1008mod3.bin cpc (1T) bios on it using Infinity timings. I'd swear its as fast as

this rig, the most stable mobo/rig i got. How come we can't like pay him to do a bios for this board?

I see this question from time to time. Taking a 4mb bios, decompiling it, assessing a routine here and there and experimenting with it can take man-hours per routine. Writing a 4mb bios from sctratch, byte by byte, sometimes bit by bit, takes man-years! How much you willing to pay a bios writer? :)

Hoot

I think i've heard that alot. Same with mem at 2,2,2,"10" with nf2/3.. chips. I'll have to

do that by practice now. Thanks

I don't know about that 10 factor with the NF3 chipset. With my NF2 it was definitely a factor, but I have played with it on two different NF3 Ultra chipsets and had no benefit from it. Just my experience...

Hoot

I guess i'll throw this in and see if i get a hit.

I'm in desperate need of a good Power Supply for this board.

It will be used with a 9800 pro. Using an Antec TP 430 now with a gf3 Titaniam 200 right now for testing (so as not to overload it).

Can anybody recommend something with good rails and reasonable watts?

Greater than or equal to 20 amps on the 12v line?

I've had great results with the TP550 on two different NF3 boards.

Hoot

Thanks for the answers on the memory voltages guys.I dont really fancy the idea of taking the heatspreaders off tbh as I guess it will void the warranty.

Going to have to think of some way of cooling them with a fan.Problem is there isnt really enough room in there to suspend a fan over them.

I may try dropping the volts and see what happens to it once I have gone to 705 bios.

Getting some good results from Everest though on mem bandwidth which is quite nice.No 1T yet though lol.

J

Thanks for the answers on the memory voltages guys.I dont really fancy the idea of taking the heatspreaders off tbh as I guess it will void the warranty.

Going to have to think of some way of cooling them with a fan.Problem is there isnt really enough room in there to suspend a fan over them.

I may try dropping the volts and see what happens to it once I have gone to 705 bios.

Getting some good results from Everest though on mem bandwidth which is quite nice.No 1T yet though lol.

J

One option is buying a Zalman fan bracket and using a 92mm or 120mm fan there. I have one and I know if you mount the fan bracket to the top 3 expansion slots, the fan will reach your RAM slots.

Yep just installed SiSoft 2005 and ran mem bandwidth about 10 times in a row with no probs...got a result averaging around .....

sisoft0hs.jpg

strange result ??

I'm at 2800 too , 312*9 ( ram at 255 but 2.5/4/7/3/1t) and I got a little bit more bandwith

~7300 / 7200~

are you sure running 1T ?

Can someone give me any suggestion on the best memory for this board to oce a 3700sandy

Im going crazy with all this memory cant make up my mind.

well...i'd suggest the OCZ EL Plat Rev2, cause thats what i have, and have no problems with them...but thats no gaurentee for you unfourtunetly...

DFI LP nF3 Ultra-D

nF4 Chip Voltage: 1.5V

I know it was just a typo from copying over the table, but i'd actually like to know what chipset voltage you used - I had to up the voltage on mine to get it stable. Sitting at 1.75v (1.7v real).

Thanks for that table, was good to know.

---dens