NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Mmm . . . TCCD seems to work better with this board. Of those 2, the first is BH-something, can't find what chips are in the second one.

Thx but the first is winbound would this be a good set for this board and does ddr booster work on this board?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes booster work.

Wud up Giasan ;) I guess if I stay up way passed my bed time you guys way over on the other side of the world are already up and hard at it while us State siders are snoozin away :D And that's where I'm headed right this minute...

Give em' hell boys!!!!!!!!!!

In the last 3 days since flashing 705, I've started the system cold, at least 10 times at the settings in my sig and there is no cold boot-safe mode issue at all...

Vcore and Vdimm still reads low, as expected... Oh, I just got this from DFI:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for submitting us the query. Our latest BETA BIOS should have

already resolved your symptoms, since the BIOS is still in evaluation.

We recommend updating for your own trial, please also feedback us of

your test result. Some of the issues related to memory capability,

therefore, we recommend to raise the DIMM voltage to about 2.8-2.9V for

more stability and 1T capability, FYR.

Best,

-------------------------------------------------------------

DFI Technical Support Team

100 Huan-Ho St., Hsi-Chih City, Taipei, Taiwan, R. O. C.

100 Huan-Ho St., Hsi-Chih City, Taipei, Taiwan, R. O. C.
And thus is where most of the problems lie , good ole language barriers :P

So if my board dies as a result from flashing to the 705 BIOS, does that mean DFI will send me a new BIOS chip so I can hot flash that sombitch?

Has anyones board died from it? Didn't Rgone have to hotflash his repeatedly when the 705 first came out?

Goddam I am going to try the 705 tonight.

I was still finding my way round this board since last saturday but had a day off work yesterday and had a good old tweak and now have the board stable in Windows at 10x260x3.It was not happy around 240 at all but I was so fed up I thought hell lets go for it and sat there with my jaw on the floor when it posted and brought up my desktop lol.

Only thing is now I have the cold boot "issue" which didnt happen before.

Whats the max voltage for TCCD chips?I read that they prefer low volts but I have mine @ 2.8(bios) 2.85 +/- .02 in all my monitoring programs.They do seem to get a bit toasty I have to say.To the point that I almost burnt my finger on them.

J

Whats the max voltage for TCCD chips?I read that they prefer low volts but I have mine @ 2.8(bios) 2.85 +/- .02 in all my monitoring programs.They do seem to get a bit toasty I have to say.To the point that I almost burnt my finger on them.
Do you have heatspreaders on them? I was running 270MHz with 3v through my TCCD's and the heatspreaders never got close to even barely warm =/ It's starting to worry me that it's the case of the heatspreaders being junk and actually trapping heat in more than it is dissipating it due to crappy thermal adhesive....I tried removing them, but jeez the clips were on there REALLY good so I didn't want to accidently break it or something.

3v is safe to run through TCCD's but it's a good idea to have a fan blowing on them...that's my opinion anyway.

Can someone help me I want OCZ ram for this board which ones would be the best I have these in mind

OCZ PC3200 EL Gold Dual channel winbound BH (Will the 3.2 vdimm the board alows be enough to oce these ram with good timings ?)

OCZ PC3500 EL Gold GX "Gamer eXtreme" Dual channel (Dont know what chip they use probaly winbound)

OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum Rev.2 Dual channel

I really need some help I want to buy this board but Im stuck on the memory.

ok...i got the EL Plat Rev2 (3rd one), check my sig for details...not much overclocking

the BH-5 (ie, first one) will need more for overclocking...you'll need an OCZ DDR Booster, or do a VDimm mod to get good overclocks with it

im not sure about the GX...

J

Every brand of memory including TCCD overclocks higher with increased Vdimm, but...... I have 2 80mm fans mounted directly above the memory modules.

Heat is a overclock killer for any component....