Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Can sumbody hook a brotha up on a simple 200 mhz OC.

I could OC my 3400 on my Asus board but this BIOS is giving me a headache.

last time I tried to start a thread and get help I was told my PSU sucked and to get a new one. I was able to reack 2.7 ghz with my 3400 using this PSU. Sooo any help would be much appreciated. HTT /MEM/Voltages Etc..

Mr OldGuy do your work and bug out early to join the 705 mile high club (rofl)

RGone all i got to say is you CRACK ME UP!!!!!! :) Now if i could only figure out what your tell me (rofl) I'm gonna try some different setting and memory to see if i can get the 1T to work, even at 2T my memory scores went up about 100 points but my benchmarks when down about 200points (win some lose some)

Be back Soon !!!!! Speedpc

47th Floor holy . the tallest building i have in my town is 1st Floor (rofl) don't look down dude :)

last time I tried to start a thread and get help I was told my PSU sucked and to get a new one. I was able to reack 2.7 ghz with my 3400 using this PSU. Sooo any help would be much appreciated. HTT /MEM/Voltages Etc..

What sata connector are you using? Use 3 or 4, the clostest to the CPU socket.

What does cpu-z report as your voltage?

Well first and foremost you will not get far using the "default voltage"...click on the "rebelshaven" link in my siggy and print that out if you can so you have a better idea of what the voltages really are when you do make changes...

Make sure you have changed the ldt to 3X and lock the agp at 67. Two set and forget items. LDT is a waste of time trying to keep up near 2000mhz. 3X is just a simple way to steer clear of forgetting to change from 4X to 3X if you happen to exceed 250mhz HTT.........

And one other thing people seem to either forget or just simply aren't willing to do (lazy) is TEST the memory you have. And I don't mean "it passes memtest, it should work" BULL .......I mean push your memory as high as you can get it using memtest to figure out what the limits are..........................

If you haven't already done so, read over the A64 overclocking guide that Thunda put together and use the NF4 memory guide. Both great tools if yer new to A64.

None of this may be new to you so don't take this as a preachy now it all shout out at ya, but some guys pop in here and say that exact thing "it passes memtest" or "it worked in my other rig"...This aint yer other rig. It's a major pain in the butt at times is what it is :D

Those are all the tips I've got cuz everyone seems to be sportin the 705 now and all my successes (and failures) came weeks ago with the 602..........I am thoroughly looking forward to going home tonight and gettin my butt kicked all over hell with 705 ;)

Meh, I'm a wimp as well terror...lol I'm still sportin the original 602 BIOS.....

I'm wanting to do this 705 dance now since all the cool kids at school seem to be doin it :P

it'd be nice to get rid of that cold boot problem.

Well just flashed 705 and uhmm... no difference at all really. 3dmark performance, voltage detection, overclocking. All the same. A little disappointed but guess I can't complain.

What is all this set Drive strength to 50% I keep reading about?

What advantage or disadvantes will arise setting it 50%

I'm no memory guru with PCs simply because I've not taken the time to bone up on the different paramaters in depth. I have worked on memory testers for computers that went in fighter jets and missiles and if the drive strength is too high, you can start getting cross talk in adjacent bit traces. Ideally the strength would be high enough that the load at the destination would dissipate it with a minimum amount of trace radiation. On the filp of the coin, if the signal strength is not high enough, it may not satisfactorily stimulate the transistor junction at the destination enough to register its logic level.

Kind of like when you're in a room full of people, paired off and talking, spaced far enough apart from other pairs so as to not be too loud to them. If you talk to your partner too quiet, he will not be able to understand you over the adjacent conversations. If you talk too loud, you may interfere with adjacent pairs hearing one another. Somewhere in between the two extremes is a window of acceptable signal strength.

Hoot

I have been following this thread for quite a while. I'm one of the lucky ones who has had no problems so far. Now I have never OC'ed a board before, so I have left mine where it's at. All the components are new (mem included) except for the DVD and sound card. Also I started up this board with an older FX 5200 ultra vid card. Just upgraded to the 6600 GT last friday. I have never had a cold boot, no boot, BSOD or any probs at all. I am chicken to change anything LOL :nod: . I need to learn more before I go changing things around :)

Kudos to all you who are putting in the sweat and tears to figure this baby out. :eek2: