Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

well i'm not really sure but 705 seems identical to me in every way except that it reports higher voltage readings in the bios. The bios does have a small facelift as well, the dram settings are in a different spot in the genie settings, as well as there is a 200mhz setting available.

The funny thing is, per bios setting, cpu-z reports the same exact thing as before. Basically if i set it to 1.5+.2 it puts me at 1.52 in cpu-z. I also require the same 1.5+.2 setting for stability at 2.7ghz despite what voltage the new bios reports. The real voltage being applied to the cpu was actually less than previous readings and now it reads even higher.

I took out 2 of my memory sticks to test 1T a bit. I didn't want to boot windows with it possibly unstable, so I burned off an install cd of freebsd 5.4. I set the same settings I have now except 1t and installed freebsd 5.4, then I configured my installation and installed the newest KDE across the internet. Then I actually compiled a program. All of this happened with no errors or glitches and then the program ran fine. At this point i'm thinking its pretty stable, but as soon as I tried to boot into windows, it didn't work with 1T at all and blue screened. Not exactly sure why freebsd would run perfect on 1T but windows would blue screen immediately. Sooo i'm back to my old settings :rolleyes:

Anybody have any idea why freebsd would be completely stable with 1T while windows blue screens immediately?

I'm leaning towards freebsd being more conservative with memory while windows is agressive; however, its completely plausable that windows has some sort of nforce 3 socket 939 flaw. In freebsd it seemed 100% stable for me at 1T. I didn't try any stress testing programs but compiling a program will usually cause the kernel to dump its core memory or worse if the system is unstable. Windows couldn't even boot in at 1T to desktop without blue screening.

Well that went well!!! Bios is now Bios 705, i did all the steps for clearing the bios and booted the pc set optimize defaults and i had a nuclear meltdown radioactive material all over the place (ROFL)

Actually it was very easy using Winfalsh 1.76 :)

Memory Default 200 @1T

240x11= 2640

240x4x2=1920

CRASH WHEN ENTERING WINDOWS :(

Memory 200 @2T

240x11=2640

240x4x2=1920

Windows boots and runs normal so far

Still no 1T for me gonna do some tweaking now but at least the flash went well !!!!!!!

Hey Old guy.. I flashed 705 today... took me a few little tricks to get it going but now it seems ok... I shut off the putter for three hours .. and booted right .. up.. not cold boot problem that time.

And dont know if this helped .. but everything in Bios I dont use , I disabled it.

Before 705 flash 9*260htt 1T @1.1 wouldnt even finish Super PI Now finishes with very good results... I'll have to get some screenies posted afted I find out where the limit is

Deeyam SpeedEpc, you gat sum madasme and told at sumbeeatch to flash or git huh? hehehehehehhee. Even with no 1T you will like the booting beta.

Me RGone.... :confused: :dog:

Well that went well!!! Bios is now Bios 705, i did all the steps for clearing the bios and booted the pc set optimize defaults and i had a nuclear meltdown radioactive material all over the place (ROFL)

Actually it was very easy using Winfalsh 1.76 :)

Memory Default 200 @1T

240x11= 2640

240x4x2=1920

CRASH WHEN ENTERING WINDOWS :(

Memory 200 @2T

240x11=2640

240x4x2=1920

Windows boots and runs normal so far

Still no 1T for me gonna do some tweaking now but at least the flash went well !!!!!!!

Would a psu like a powerstream have any affect whatsoever if the rail were adjusted up slightly or would the regulator just negate any increase in voltage?

I'm not familiar with any unique attributes of the Powerstream PSU, but you are correct, the pulse width modulation regulator will negate upping the raw voltage that it uses as its source. It is conceivable that under the wrong conditions, raising the raw input voltage could actually deteriorate the output regulation effectiveness. It depends upon how optimized the existing circuit is.

Hoot

Fixed the problem last night. Unplugged those bloody PATA to SATA converters, crock of .. Now im going to buy a Skymaster 680R IDE Raid thing and put those HDs on that. BLOODY CURSED converters cost me 50 bucks.

Ram is now running straight up 2-4-3-10/1T <--yellow slots.<--- thanks to Rebel for the 4, and I read smewhere 10 was optimal on these boards(NF3/NF4). Memory guide I think.

Looks like im going to try some clocking then check out this new 07/05.

Guys I finally got my ram today.

Put together my whole system as signature below.

The computer will post, but it wont go past the screen where it shows ram timings, it stops there and reboots over and over again, I NEED HELP....

It will not let me enter bios, nothign responds escape or delete key, if i press too much case speaker will beep or whatever.

I tried unplugging keyboard, it dosent even show keyboard error.

I used the ram below on yellow slots. And also tried putting 1x512mb pc2700 on the first ram slow the orange slot closest to cpu. Still does the same thing.

Checked the clear cmos thing, same thing.

After 3 weeks of waiting for parts , its not even going past the screen that shows memory timings.

Oh yeah i also plugged the mobo power in correctly. 20pin in 20 pin, and the other 4pin (the one that was not connected with the 20pin 20+4) into the mobo.

Everything lights up and is fine, just wont go past the screen.

Okay!!!!! Yall are startin to piss me off!!!!! I'm stuck here at work and yall er' flashin this and changin that and just havin a good ol' time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aint right I tell ya!!!

Flashed to the 705 bios, and now my ram does 1t :D, gives me a few 100mb/s bonus, I'll test to see if I can get a better OC, my vcore in the bios appears to be closer to what it's set at also.

Okay!!!!! Yall are startin to piss me off!!!!! I'm stuck here at work and yall er' flashin this and changin that and just havin a good ol' time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aint right I tell ya!!!

I'll be waiting for your report! :)

I'll be waiting for your report! :)

Aw come on man! Everybody's doin the 705 boogy!!!!! Just flash it and come back here and rub it in my face like everyone else!!! :nod:

Aw come on man! Everybody's doin the 705 boogy!!!!! Just flash it and come back here and rub it in my face like everyone else!!! :nod:

I feel your pain. I'm sittin here on the 47th floor, downtown LA when I should be at home having the 705 meltdown.