NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Would someone be so kind as to explain the flashing procedure to me (or a link to instructions)? My old Abit board was flashable through Windoze and I dont have a working floppy anymore, so I'm at a loss here.

Go to DFI and download the new BIOS the EXE version it automatically formats the disk makes it bootable you just sit back and wait for it to tell you to press F-1

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to DFI and download the new BIOS the EXE version it automatically formats the disk makes it bootable you just sit back and wait for it to tell you to press F-1

He don't got no floppy :D

Would someone be so kind as to explain the flashing procedure to me (or a link to instructions)? My old Abit board was flashable through Windoze and I dont have a working floppy anymore, so I'm at a loss here.

Does the DFI installation CD have the "winflash" utilty on it? I am at work and forget exactly how I got a hold of it 3 weeks ago. I think I got it off of my NF3 250gb disc. I did use the winflash utility to make a backup of my original but still use the good ole floppy flash....If you do use the winflash utilty make sure you are not overclocked, basically meaning you have a good stable system if you have to flash in the windows environment.....

Eyep mR. Ole G, but me got mine flopping. Gunna keep a flopping for just such crap and without one at least laying around since DFI furnishes the cable anyway> I would be dead most of the time with a dorked bios flash. These users buy these HIPO boards and don't buy the security tool kit. Gotta have all the tools to work on these thangs fore shore. I got a flopping thang I move from board to board and it don't never have to go in no case. Just have one.

And I posted just above that request to tell how to flash since he was using Abit's flashmenu> exactly the steps I used for flashing using Winflash from a booted windows and still the question gets asked.

Plus on DFI website downloads page for bios downloads is link at the top left that goes to a 'how to flash bios' page with pictures if I have any memory at all left.

Hale me jus RGone...on 705KMB Bios four shore........ :nod:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us1.j...TYPE=US&SITE=US Flash using Diamond Flash Image> W/flopping thing.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us1.j...TYPE=US&SITE=US DFI basics of WinFlash for bios flashing from windows.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Driver/WinFlacrap6.zip GO download *latest* Winflasher.

Eyep mR. Ole G, but me got mine flopping. Gunna keep a flopping for just such crap and without one at least laying around since DFI furnishes the cable anyway> I would be dead most of the time with a dorked bios flash. These users buy these HIPO boards and don't buy the security tool kit. Gotta have all the tools to work on these thangs fore shore. I got a flopping thang I move from board to board and it don't never have to go in no case. Just have one.

And I posted just above that request to tell how to flash since he was using Abit's flashmenu> exactly the steps I used for flashing using Winflash from a booted windows and still the question gets asked.

Plus on DFI website downloads page for bios downloads is link at the top left that goes to a 'how to flash bios' page with pictures if I have any memory at all left.

Hale me jus RGone...on 705KMB Bios four shore........ :nod:

Flash using Diamond Flash Image> W/flopping thing.

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us1.j...TYPE=US&SITE=US

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us1.j...TYPE=US&SITE=US DFI basics of WinFlash for bios flashing from windows.

I do believe you have just plain gone flopping flashin 705 bios'n mad Rgone!!!! Lordy can you put a case of whatever it is you use to pollute your brain together and ship it my way????

Guest bobyjo

Make yourself a bootable CD. Copy the files to the CD just like you should to a floppy disk. Select in bios the first boot device set to CD Rom. Boot to the CDr and flash yer bios just like it was to be done on the floppy disk.

mR. Ole G* you gat at shett raton man>I do believe you have just plain gone flopping flashin 705 bios'n mad Rgone!!!! < wutevuh partz wuz not mad afore shorely ees now cause uh thatair 705KMB bios. Hehehehehe. :confused: :dog:

Me RGone...

PsumS: needy land addy fur the case uv stuff. Me gone RGone...agin.

I just flashed to 705 and its working better for me than 602. Basically I noticed the voltage readings are closer to what they should be. I havn't tried overclocking more. I might take out 2 sticks of my ram and see if 1t works. The one annoying thing is changing ram around alot forces you to reactivate winxp, which I think is just about the lamest thing ever. I've had to reactivate like 30 times because i play around wtih my computers alot. Does 1t really make that much difference? With 1t would I get 500 more bandwidth and 1000 more mips?

My 705 "experience":

Spi 1m and Sandra at 287 fsb 1T:

2877056zg.th.jpg

Sandra @ 290 fsb 1T:

2908mn.th.jpg

My sensation is that this bios is a little bit better than 629 with a good improvement of stability, over 290 fsb I can enter windows but I cannot bench...

For all the have the 705 bios and are reporting truer voltages: is this with or without the resistor that DFI says to toss?

Rgone, I managed to decipher just enough info from your post to consider it useful. Thanks man! Thanks to OldGuy too!

For all the have the 705 bios and are reporting truer voltages: is this with or without the resistor that DFI says to toss?

Rgone, I managed to decipher just enough info from your post to consider it useful. Thanks man! Thanks to OldGuy too!

The resistor doesn't effect the accuracy of the on-board metering circuitry. It effects the Vcore regulator output.

Hoot

The resistor doesn't effect the accuracy of the on-board metering circuitry. It effects the Vcore regulator output.

Hoot

Would a psu like a powerstream have any affect whatsoever if the rail were adjusted up slightly or would the regulator just negate any increase in voltage?