NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing with my setup since the new board and CPU came. I must have spent 30 hours in the last 2 days testing and I just cannot get it stable in Windows when running Prime 95. This appears to be regardless of CPU and/or RAM speed or timmings.

So, I just thought I'd try the yellow slots, and so far, the most stability I've ever had, about 30 mins! Fingers crossed that it holds up :)

For the Kingston KVR make sure you are set at 2T command rate. One stick in slot one (next to cpu)...

Shut her down....unplug her....pull cmos clear jumper....put one stick in above noted slot....re-attach jumper...plug her in....fire it up................

Go into bios and load optimzed defaults...reboot to bios...set command rate to 2T...leave everything else on auto with regard to memory settings for now.

If you are at this point just trying to get going and install an OS, use the "increase voltage" and go to +.40. This thing undervolts, don't worry, aint gonna hurt nothin'...

See if that get's you anywhere :D

Thanks alot ! I manage to install Windows stable with 2x512 ram ...but i cant go dual channel...i guess the board doestn like different ram chip much :D

I'm using the Orange slots for the guy who asked.

Currently running 322x8 with 166 divider resulting in memory running 258MHz 2.5-3-3-7-2T @ 3v

I did previously have it running at 270x9.5 with the same timings and voltage which seem to be this particular RAMs max...I just wanted to try a high HTT with a whole number instead of a half multi

The same happend in the early Days of DFI NF4 and Nvidia made HIGH PRESSURE to DFI.

Because they wanted to sell MILLIONS of they're CHIPSETS and PCI-EXPRESS GFX CARDS too.It's a race with Intel,everybody knows that.

But with AGP's there is no big money to make. You buy a Board but no Gfx Card.

That's why all the Companies ,who sell these Boards(939 with Agp) IGNORE the users.

All 939/AGP Boards are totally unstable.

That's marketing.I don't see a Bios that fix anything.

But I cherish Hopes

Guest Lucky
All 939/AGP Boards are totally unstable.

Pretty broad statement!

My system in sig is 100% stable at 2.808Ghz

My last NF3 gigabyte m/b was also 100% stable, but at only 2.65Ghz.(cough)

Got any links to your theory...or are you just having a bad day/year?

My DFI Lan Party NF3 Ultra-D hate my Patriot PC3200 Samsung TCCD RAM, I can get it memtest86 stable, but I can't even run SANDRA bandwidth test without it crashing.

So sticking to my 2GB Crucial Ballistix for benching and all testing now. Still not been able to get it stable. I think I'll finally find out what the issue is exactly, but it's taking me ages :(

What RAM slots is everyone using?

With either my OCZ 512M TCCD or Mushkin 512M TCCD sticks, 1T will cause MemTest86 Test 8 errors using the orange slots. 2T runs fine in the orange slots. If I use the yellow slots, 1T passes all MemTest86 tests, however, running 1T causes stability issues in WinXP. That is using stock settings with the components in my sig.

Hoot

I've gone back to the Orange Slots as it turns out the yellow ones didn't help me at all. I've spent nearly 3 solid days testing now and I think I've almost got to the bottom of the instability.

Bloody hell this board is hard work!

OMG... they've unstickied us! damn.....

anyways, I think I found a solution to my bad 3d performance with my NF3 and 6800. Turns out in the Advanced Chipset Setup, there's an option called System Bios Cacheable. If i set it to enabled and disable AGP Sidebanding my performance went up 600 points! Now I'm back at where I was in terms of score which is about right, around 4600-4800 points.

If anybody's have bad performance, try that out, turn on System Bios Cacheable and turn off AGP Sideband