Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hey, anybody have any ideas about the problem I'm having? It's where I could run my HTT at 330mhz stable over night with two instances of prime, but at some point now when I try to run it, it crashes in less than 10 minutes? just locks up windows. Any help would be great!

Timings an voltages used and settings used?

Hey, anybody have any ideas about the problem I'm having? It's where I could run my HTT at 330mhz stable over night with two instances of prime, but at some point now when I try to run it, it crashes in less than 10 minutes? just locks up windows. Any help would be great!

What are you running for a multi? Unless you ran prime for a good 8+ hours previous to your current crashes, you may well just be at the limits of your CPU. Try something like OCCT to see how quickly it fails (if it does at all). Also, if you haven't been running any 3D benchies like Aquamark3 and 3DM01, 03 and 05, again, you may just be at the nats butt edge of stability and running all of the above will help you determine if that's the case...

What are you running for a multi? Unless you ran prime for a good 8+ hours previous to your current crashes, you may well just be at the limits of your CPU. Try something like OCCT to see how quickly it fails (if it does at all). Also, if you haven't been running any 3D benchies like Aquamark3 and 3DM01, 03 and 05, again, you may just be at the nats butt edge of stability and running all of the above will help you determine if that's the case...

Hi Oldguy

Timings an voltages used and settings used?

CPU Multi = 4x

HT Multi = 3x

Ram Timing: 7-3-3-2.5 (SPD)

Divider: 1:2 RAM speed = 165mhz.

Everythings underclocked except my HTT which was 330mhz. Actually soemthing else weird was I was stress testing my HTT a day earlier and I found that it wouldn't boot over 310mhz (using 1 stick of 512mb Performance ram). I then put in my two sticks of 256mb Premier and it boots and is "stable" at 330mhz over night priming. Weird stuff... I'm thinking more cooling on chipset.

CPU Multi = 4x

HT Multi = 3x

Ram Timing: 7-3-3-2.5 (SPD)

Divider: 1:2 RAM speed = 165mhz.

Everythings underclocked except my HTT which was 330mhz.

Try use my settings except for 1T.

Guest Swagman6531

I had the exact same problem with my system a while back. although I haven't heard any instances with the San Diego core I know that many with the Winchester core had this problem. Brand new the chips would be able to run at nice high HTT speeds but then for no reason at all after a couple of days or weeks those speeds would just become unstable and the HTT would have to be dropped down. Even with the exact timings and with no settings changed. The problem is with the memory controller. Now I know that the San Diego core is a much more capable chip than the winnie because it is just a stripped down FX core but it doesn't mean it is immune. I spent a lot of time searching for an answer and I was so frustrated because it didn't make much sense until I found hundreds of accounts of this problem.

Guest Swagman6531

I used to be able to run my settings at 295x9 2.5-5-4-8-1T, HTT 3x....

then one day I woke up and my system was crashing all the time and failing all sorts of tests.

Now I have to run it at 285x9 2.5-5-4-8-2T, HTT 3x

....the only reccommendation is to drop your mem voltage if you have it high. What I heard is that sometimes even slightly higher voltage can quickly damage a weak mem controller

Just curious, anybody else here have chipset fan issues? Mine seems to make a grinding noise when I first start up my machine in the morning, but after about 10 seconds, the grinding goes away.
There's a ton of people with that being being a nuisance...my fan simply died...well it still spins so I guess the 3pin on the board itself died or something, so I have a 6000RPM 60mm 40CFM fan blowing on it...seems to be working well as it's cooler with that at 1.75v than it was with the stock little fan at 1.65v

Theres a Titan copper chipset cooler thats only 15mm high, lower than the

pci slot hight. It also does 5.5cfm. Don't know who sells them these days.

Hi Oldguy

Hey Giasan :) What's up compadre? Good to see you're still happy with yer rig...and haven't killed it with any of these bios they've released. I think I beat you to the punch with the 705 :DWASN'T ANY FUN AT ALL!!!!!

Is the memory new to you and your rig? Is this at stock clocks? Is your OS already installed or are you hangin' during install? What voltage are you running on the CPU and memory?

yes the memory is new the stock speeds are 2-2-2-5 1T, the stock voltage is 2.6 and i made it to 2.8, i just did a clean install of windows, and the voltage for the CPU is 1.5 i think i can't remember i'm at work