Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Just curious, anybody else here have chipset fan issues? Mine seems to make a grinding noise when I first start up my machine in the morning, but after about 10 seconds, the grinding goes away.

Also, if I replace the chipset fan, what should I replace it with?

Yep, this happens on mine too, that noise drives me NUTS. Going to see if any of the local stores around here have that iceburq.

@ Old Guy. You got the UT250gb right? Does this even work for you on that board?

A 9/10 DIVIDER IN THE NEXT "REAL" OFFICIAL BIOS WOULD REALLY COME IN HANDY!!!!!

I ask because if I remember rightly the NF3 never faired well at all with the 180 setting which was 9/10. Those are not true settings for an a64 processor but adds inserted to bios and often the memory or the processor governs if the dividers other than 100, 133 and 166 will even work. It is an iffy proposition because of the variables I mentioned and I think memory being accurate the 180 9/10 did not work very well for many and I doubt they will try to put it on this board at all.

RGone...

Never had any problems running dividers on the 250gb (that I was aware of) though I ended up using 5/06...I have alot of new memory to play with so I'll revisit the 9/10 over the weekend on the 250gb...always chalked off most memory issues with the controller on the sempy. Really only had the PC4800 memory to play with so we shall see what we see...

Vantec Iceburq is a quick cheap fix...

Please put a signature together with your components listed like mine or anyone elses as an example....Helps us help you...

You may have clearance issues with the chipset cooler depending on your gfx card...

There we go :D Will my NV Silencer 5 clear the Vantec Iceberq?

There we go :D Will my NV Silencer 5 clear the Vantec Iceberq?

Try doing a search for posts by me in this thread. I posted some pics of what I did to my ATI Rev 2 silencer...You may not need to grind at all...Very minor if you do...

Here's a pic without the fan guard. I did end up putting it back on after a couple days as what you see in this pic actually did end up rubbing a little after everything "settled" :D

noguardinstalled0us.th.jpg

Got my DFI Lan Party NF Ultra D today along with a new 3000+ Venice 0520. Put it all together with 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix PC4000, Geforce 6800Ultra, SB Audigy 2 ZS and a 550w Antec TrueControl PSU.

Even though the RAM was perfectly stable and error free at 250MHz at 3,3,3,7 on my DFI Lan Party UT NF3 250, it will only do 3,4,4,10 stable on this board at the same frequency. The RAM don't like more than 2.7v(Measure with multimeter, using 2.6v in the BIOS) on this board either even though it was happy to have 2.85v on my 754 NF3 board :(

The CPU is crap also, even though I have top watercooling gear, the CPU still needs 1.55v to even boot into Windows at 2.4GHz :(

Using 0629 BIOS. Any tips, something I may have missed? I've tried a lot already but nothing is helping me :(

Think I'll try turning off DEP and see if that helps at all.

EDIT: Nope, turning DEP doesn't help me at all, still need silly voltages to even boot in Windows at only 2.4GHz :(

It doesn't look like you are doing anything wrong Vlad. Re-load optimized defaults and don't set any memory timings manually other than 1T or 2T. Drop yer multi on the cpu one or two ticks. See how far your memory will go in memtest before throwing errors by increasing buss speed 5mhz at a time.

Are you able to run 1T in Windows?

I gotta get to work but I have some more to throw at ya when I get there...

I found the problem, this board hates Corsair ram :( I put a stick of Samsung in and that thing worked perfectly fine at specs. I might go out and buy 2 generic samsung sticks and just run memory with low settings since my highend corsair is no good for this board.

Thanks for trying to help!

I found the problem, this board hates Corsair ram :( I put a stick of Samsung in and that thing worked perfectly fine at specs. I might go out and buy 2 generic samsung sticks and just run memory with low settings since my highend corsair is no good for this board.

Thanks for trying to help!

It may be the divider and corsair not getting along...I believe eboyo was having an issue where he couldn't boot at 260mhz with 166 divider with his Mushkins. Actually fixed his problems switching to corsair :D I found a similar situation and switched to corsair but it didn't work til I tried some G.skill :confused: Kind of trial and error right now. Don't feel bad. My mucho expensive PC4800 won't boot at anything but 2T ;)

Im' having weird problems with my boards stability. Before, I could prime stable it for over 8 hours at 330mhz HTT. Now, I can't do it for 10 minutes before windows crashes.

I've read around that the heatsink contact with the Northbridge isn't very good and I should take it off and apply some AS5. Anybody else know anything about this?

It may be the divider and corsair not getting along...I believe eboyo was having an issue where he couldn't boot at 260mhz with 166 divider with his Mushkins. Actually fixed his problems switching to corsair :D I found a similar situation and switched to corsair but it didn't work til I tried some G.skill :confused: Kind of trial and error right now. Don't feel bad. My mucho expensive PC4800 won't boot at anything but 2T ;)

Lol, this board is costing me a fortune :) I thought I would just upgrade mobo+cpu but so far since I wasn't able to run my scsi I had to buy a Raptor, sound was horrid after my soundstorm so had to buy audigy, now going to buy some new ram :)

Just curious, anybody else here have chipset fan issues? Mine seems to make a grinding noise when I first start up my machine in the morning, but after about 10 seconds, the grinding goes away.

Also, if I replace the chipset fan, what should I replace it with?

http://www.pc-cooling.de/cgi-bin/osb.cgi?E...0110&CAT_ID=822

Cheap, silent,easy install and mobo stays in case.

Same cooling as the Dfi one.

Lol, this board is costing me a fortune :) I thought I would just upgrade mobo+cpu but so far since I wasn't able to run my scsi I had to buy a Raptor, sound was horrid after my soundstorm so had to buy audigy, now going to buy some new ram :)

Mushkin Redline XP3200's work well 1T 2-3-2-6 3.20v @ 235ish (2X512) (255mhz memtest stable with 3.4v on 250gb rig, windows stable at 240ish)

PQI Turbo PQI3200-1024DB work well 1T variuos timings 2.9v up to 240ish (2X512) only go up to 208 at 2-2-2-5 but they are pretty robust with looser timings

G.skill F1-3200BWU2-1GBGH work well 1T similar to mushies with less voltage but don't go as high and tight (2X512)

Patriot PDC5123200+XBLK work well 1T...Still testing but these little boogers do DDR600+ with ease 2.5-4-3-7 2.9~3.0v (2X256)