Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Also, another thing I noticed while reading this loooooong thread, how come some people don't get over 38degrees when they overclock? I had my CPU like near 50 degrees when I overclocked and it seems like we have the same 6/02 bios.

Yeah, the temp is whacky. I idled at 39C with the stock HSF running at stock speed/volts. I lapped my XP-120 with panaflo fan put it on and it now idles at.....

39C. Nice temp readings DFI :rolleyes:

I'm waiting on a 2nd set of XBLK's... I'm dying to see how 4X256 acts vs 2X512.... Ya know that "double sided" issue all the boards have...

What did you get with the 2X512's? That is almost what I ordered until you put a siggy together. Then I went back and looked at all yer memtest screenies...512megs....son of a classy lady!!!!!!!!! ;) I just assume everyone runs 2X512 these days. Oh well. Time to dive into the bios and see what these babies can do.........I'm gonna be really disappointed if I got three processors in a row with weak controllers!!!!!!!!! :drool:

So are you able to return all this crap that you are going through?

What do yo do with all the extra cpus, ram and etc.. you are not happy with?

Where is the money coming from?

Thinking about buying Corsair TWINX for the time being and sell stupid MDTs when they get here is already making me twitch.

Oh btw Rebel, What chips are Corsair TWINX and the TWINX PRO? not much is availalable in Australia, and i dont know which one is TCCD, some guy sells the Kingston ones you recommended @ $1000.00 here, more than twice the price of other PREMIUM RAM. wtF?

What did you get with the 2X512's? That is almost what I ordered until you put a siggy together. Then I went back and looked at all yer memtest screenies...512megs....son of a classy lady!!!!!!!!! ;) I just assume everyone runs 2X512 these days. Oh well. Time to dive into the bios and see what these babies can do.........I'm gonna be really disappointed if I got three processors in a row with weak controllers!!!!!!!!! :drool:

I tried OCZ Rev2 v1.1 2X512, and G.Skill "LE" 2X512, but I'm having stability problems even at 9X275.... Borked my W2K install fooling with it, so I don't know what to make of it as yet..

As I'm writing this, I just remembered trying 2X512 but with BIOS 602 and it was OK..... Maybe my 629 screwed me yesterday...

Hi,

For those who can run @ 1t , would you like to test the sandra mem bandwith please .

my setup @ 2800 (312*9//255 2.5-4-3-7-1t) run 48h prime , spi 32M ok , but when I try the sandra mem bandwith test , I got a reboot ???? Then I test it with 2t setting and all was fine , I even have tested it with 100 divider ( ram @ 156 2/2/2/5/1t) and again the computer has been rebooted .

NEED THIS BIOS FIX FOR THE 1T SETTING!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh really? Im idling at 31 degrees... and oldguy thx for the reply.. so fi you use CPU VID control u dont get undervolted? I mean whats the logic in CPU VID control and CPU voltage adjust? I just dont get it... so when you have CPU VID control at about 1.4 and have cpu voltage adjust to +.2 then theoretically u r supposed to get 1.6V?

When I run sandra mem bandwith with 2-2-2-5 1T at DDR400 I get :

Int iSSE2 5369MB/s

Float iSSE2 5274MB/s

Oh really? Im idling at 31 degrees... and oldguy thx for the reply.. so fi you use CPU VID control u dont get undervolted? I mean whats the logic in CPU VID control and CPU voltage adjust? I just dont get it... so when you have CPU VID control at about 1.4 and have cpu voltage adjust to +.2 then theoretically u r supposed to get 1.6V?

Correct....in theory ;) Look at rebelshaven's voltage measurements to get a better idea of what yer really getting. The cpu vid control used together with the voltage increase just let you fine tune voltage. Though it really isn't as good as the NF3 754/NF4 lp's with the percentage increase. All you really get with this setup is increments of .25 mixed with increments of .10...which really just ends up being increments of .25 no matter how you slice it...

They changed just too many little things and removed other useful settings (like more dividers) and all for nought at this point...I'm befuddled as to why this board is so different from it's siblings...

Seems like alot of people are stuck at 39c....? Maybe it's just me then :D

Hi,

For those who can run @ 1t , would you like to test the sandra mem bandwith please .

my setup @ 2800 (312*9//255 2.5-4-3-7-1t) run 48h prime , spi 32M ok , but when I try the sandra mem bandwith test , I got a reboot ???? Then I test it with 2t setting and all was fine , I even have tested it with 100 divider ( ram @ 156 2/2/2/5/1t) and again the computer has been rebooted .

NEED THIS BIOS FIX FOR THE 1T SETTING!!!!!!!!!!!

The only time I got a reboot running Sandra was playing around in an overly overclocked state :drool: For any of my memory modules that have been bootable at 1T they have all run Sandra without problems.

When I run sandra mem bandwith with 2-2-2-5 1T at DDR400 I get :

Int iSSE2 5369MB/s

Float iSSE2 5274MB/s

i get slightly less at the same settings...i expect cause i have a newcastle...

So are you able to return all this crap that you are going through?

What do yo do with all the extra cpus, ram and etc.. you are not happy with?

Where is the money coming from?

Thinking about buying Corsair TWINX for the time being and sell stupid MDTs when they get here is already making me twitch.

Oh btw Rebel, What chips are Corsair TWINX and the TWINX PRO? not much is availalable in Australia, and i dont know which one is TCCD, some guy sells the Kingston ones you recommended @ $1000.00 here, more than twice the price of other PREMIUM RAM. wtF?

I can't speak for rebel but I'm a Colombian drug lord in my spare time :D

All the memory I've bought over the past 3 weeks will find a home in my of my setups. As for the processors, the only one collecting dust is the first one I bought over three months ago, an A64 3000+ Newcastle. I'm using the Sandy in this rig and the Sempy 3100+ in my LP 754...