Sign in to follow this  
Clocker

NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

6: Again I assume that this is thru the 3rd party software as the Venice CPU I used was 1.29v in the MB BIOS which puts it within the norm.

Isn't the venice normal Voltage at 1.4? How is a .11 undervolt within the norm?

Beyond that it's the fact that even when setting like +.7 in my case it shows 1.72 as the vcore...this is in the BIOS, CPU-Z, Smart Guardian...doesn't matter it all shows that, and from what I've gathered Rebelshaven is the same....so I don't believe this is simply due to '3rd party software' being the problem...the voltages truly are screwed.

Nubius, try and get that guys email address and tell him that see what he responds. Because I definetly agree those 1.55 + .4 should = 1.95 , if its a percentage then it would be 2.17, does not make any logical sense, or maybe this is a female motherboard, nurtured with emotions.

Re-post for those not able to go back 40-50 pages.... :)

I measured Vcore and Vdimm using a Digital Multi-Meter. Here's what I got:

DFI nF3 Ultra-D

602 Bios

Venice 3200

Vcore

Default = 1.34V

CPU VID 1.50 = 1.44V

CPU VID 1.55 = 1.50V

Default +.1 = 1.38V

Default +.2 = 1.46V

Default +.3 = 1.51V

Default +.4 = 1.63V

Default +.5 = 1.67V

Default +.6 = 1.76V

Default +.7 - No Thanks!

1.55V +Default = 1.50

1.55V +.1 = 1.54V

1.55V +.2 = 1.64V

1.55V +.3 = 1.69V

1.55V +.4 = 1.83V

1.55V +.5 - No Thanks!

1.55V +.6 - No Thanks!

1.55V +.7 - No Thanks!

VDIMM

2.5V = 2.58V

2.6V = 2.69V

2.7V = 2.80V

2.8V = 2.91V

2.9V = 3.00V

3.0V = 3.10V

3.1V = 3.16V

3.2V = 3.17V

Thanks Rebelshaven! Have made great use out of and appreciate your bios listings, including the 629 I just put on!!!!

or maybe this is a female motherboard, nurtured with emotions.
lol perhaps...but everytime I give her lovin she just leaves me like every other woman :P

Hi, Im posting for the first time and I have couple of questions.

1. What is CPU VID control? and for some people, how does combination of 1.475 + .4 give 1.648 or around there? And why would u use CPU VID control while u could jus increase CPU voltage adjust?

2. How do u adjust divider for the memory? I assumed that its the "Max Memclock" in the DRAM configuration in the Genie BIOS setting but I cannot see 200mhz which is meant for 1:1.

3. When you overclock, why does the memory frequency stay the same in the POST screen?

Also, another thing I noticed while reading this loooooong thread, how come some people don't get over 38degrees when they overclock? I had my CPU like near 50 degrees when I overclocked and it seems like we have the same 6/02 bios.

Thx^^

Steve

Thanks Rebelshaven! Have made great use out of and appreciate your bios listings, including the 629 I just put on!!!!

Glad some users can make use of all the Data I have taken... None of our members have the board as yet...

Hi, Im posting for the first time and I have couple of questions.

1. What is CPU VID control? and for some people, how does combination of 1.475 + .4 give 1.648 or around there? And why would u use CPU VID control while u could jus increase CPU voltage adjust?

2. How do u adjust divider for the memory? I assumed that its the "Max Memclock" in the DRAM configuration in the Genie BIOS setting but I cannot see 200mhz which is meant for 1:1.

3. When you overclock, why does the memory frequency stay the same in the POST screen?

Also, another thing I noticed while reading this loooooong thread, how come some people don't get over 38degrees when they overclock? I had my CPU like near 50 degrees when I overclocked and it seems like we have the same 6/02 bios.

Thx^^

Steve

1) there is a problem with this board undervolting thus the fubarred readings

2) "Auto" will give you 200mhz memory speed in "mex memory overclock"

3) Post screen shows only the registered component, not what it's clocked at

4) I get plenty over 38c under load my friend. The problem is that it idles at that temp regardless of what processor yer running. I suspect it's really closer to low 30's. If yer not overclocked and run prime it barely goes up at all so to me it almost seems "stuck" at that reading and until you really push the processor you don't see much change. I'm running prime right now at stock clocks and it's reading a whopping 40c. a 1 degree change??????? Just not right, period. Have you noticed it bounce down to like 15c, back to 39c, down to 22c, back to 39c????????? just plain buggered...

Guest bobyjo

Very Deep Subject::

I believe there is a thread xplaing how this all goes together somewhere round here.

The HT default is 1000, so if everything is set to default the divider is 200x5=1000 then the DDR takes over and makes it 2000 as advertised.

If you are thinking of OC'ing the system, the first thing is for you to set the HT divider to "4" or if you are shaking in yer boots go for "3".

Then you got room to go over 200x?=???, see what I mean?? This is probably clear as mud I know.

Now you can change the multiplier to something different than default. If default is x11, you may want to set it to "x10" or even "x9". This also gives you some room to go above default. See if default is 2.2ghz and the multiplyer is 11 ye take 2.2 _11=200 (this is default for a A64 3500) so now take 2.2_9=240, or push it some and go 250x10=2.5ghz as processor speed.

The trick is to get the memory timings as tight as you can get them, cpu at the highest speed the processor will run, when you get all these settings working together you will have a good performing OC'ed system.

There are a lot of phases to go through to obtain the top end of each setting. With all the settings running at the top speed obtainable. You will be pleased with the system performance.

Probably someone else could xplain this easier than me.

So have at it, just as long as the guy understands.

Glad some users can make use of all the Data I have taken... None of our members have the board as yet...

Absolutely RH...Thanks a bunch for the data. Gonna pop some XBLK's in right now to see if I've got a decent memory controller on this Sandy or not. So thanks to you I've just blown more money on trivial doo-dads instead of important things....like...rent....paying the bills...groceries.....ya know. The little things :)

Guest bobyjo

At the least yer getin the important stuff out the way first.

Those other things can just wait till a little xtra $ comes along.

Absolutely RH...Thanks a bunch for the data. Gonna pop some XBLK's in right now to see if I've got a decent memory controller on this Sandy or not. So thanks to you I've just blown more money on trivial doo-dads instead of important things....like...rent....paying the bills...groceries.....ya know. The little things :)

I'm waiting on a 2nd set of XBLK's... I'm dying to see how 4X256 acts vs 2X512.... Ya know that "double sided" issue all the boards have...