NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

The issues i outlined is with all the boards :( except 1 and that one has most of the same issues but i get 3 BSOD in a row before this one will even boot in to windows and all i have in the board is the video card but once it gets into windows is is very stable but on restart 3 BSOD in a row running totally stock this is the one that really freaks me out (lol) i tried different hard drive, ati and nvidia video cards so now i just let it go through the cycle. once in windows it's ok (somebody told me not to shut it down lol)

I already gave 2 refunds and they totally understood the situation, and now they are HAPPY customers

I did my venting already, so i will be very patient to see the outcome of this board, and my venders totally understand the situation and are working with me on this matter!!!!

anybody see AG or RGone lately ???? :) Thanks Scott

I'm glad some people are not having issues, i have read the post and tried there settings with now luck, only thing i have not tried is the bios flash's.

I'm sure in the end these boards will rock (fingers crossed) but i'll just have to keep messing with it. I'm gonna try a whole bunch of different memory now my vendors were very generence.

so far my patriot pc3200xbl was ok but not up to par, OCZ PC4800 seem to work the best so far, trying GSkill pc4400le right now and it booted fine at stock. I'll keep you posted :) but i'm not gonna be overclocking for now!!!!!! :sad:

The speed settings on my (now sold) LP754's were right on , the only issue i ever really had with those boards was the lan issue

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd. If you do a search in google images for an nForce3 Ultra-D, you will find different pictures then what is on DFI's site that display the board with Silicon Image RAID. The pictures I figure may be "presentation" or non-RTS (Release to Sale).

Here is one of them: comp04_7.jpg

The actual RTS product:

UT%20nF3%20ULTRA-D.jpg

I was also surprised to see my board very different from the one shown in the 1st pic. May guess is that DFI redesign the NF3 UD to cut cost and reduce its price (although the price different between NF4 UD and this board is rather small). It may be sensible considering more and more pple are going to PCIE and pple who are on a budget or those with a highend AGP who perhaps stick with AGP boards.

Sensible thing to do. It would be difficult to get this board to sell with such a late introduction. Keeping cost down is perhaps the best thing to do.

It also can be clearly seen that the boards is a near carbon copy of the K8N Neo2 except the power section is on the opposite side.

So I had the system stable going 9x305 @ Default+0.4v but using the 166 divider for RAM. A deal came along to pickup another pair of Mushkin Level II Rev2, so now there's 4x512MB in there. Problem? Only boots 1GB for some reason... anyone having the same problems? I've set 2T command (1T doesn't work just like everyone else) and the divider automatically goes to 166 which doesn't bother me at the moment.

So I guess the second pic is the current product ISS. I feared having to use the SI RAID because I would have to rebuild my RAID set. Now I need to know if all four S-ATA connections are locked to the PCI BUS or only two.

The board is nearly a carbon copy of the Neo2 yes, but I prefer the placement of the IDE and floppy connections on the Ultra-D.

Smack, it is my assumption that DFI is fully supporting the X2 processors on all nF3/nF4 products minus the 250Gb 754.

So I guess the second pic is the current product ISS. I feared having to use the SI RAID because I would have to rebuild my RAID set. Now I need to know if all four S-ATA connections are locked to the PCI BUS or only two.

The board is nearly a carbon copy of the Neo2 yes, but I prefer the placement of the IDE and floppy connections on the Ultra-D.

Smack, it is my assumption that DFI is fully supporting the X2 processors on all nF3/nF4 products.

the 2 closest to the cpu are locked, and someone in this thread (30-40 pages back :nod: ) is running an x2

edit dammit should refreshed before my post :shake:

Smack, it is my assumption that DFI is fully supporting the X2 processors on all nF3/nF4 products minus the 250Gb 754.

You don't have to rebuild the raid 0 array. just set it up in bios and f10 in boot.

Set the same chunk size and say No to clear data. Worked for me, I had Si3112a.

Use ports 3,4 by the cpu. If it doesent work, don't panic and don't try to rebuild.

There's a little bit of going back an forth bios/save/reboot and setting the boot

priority to scsi raid before you will be able to boot into your old os. Also disable

Sata 1 (1,2 Marvel) in the bios if you wan't to oc later. Sata 2 is ports 3,4. Ignore

any bios labeling about what it senses- it is wrong. If you have any trouble some

here have done it.

Well not only do I have to switch off the PSU, then back on so that the computer will boot up normally.....now when it does boot up it puts the CPU in safe mode so I gotta enter the BIOS then exit and it'll boot up properly =/

This is board is almost acting the opposite of wine, it's getting worse with age

I'm curious if any of us would be having any of these issues at all if the darn puter wasn't being OC'd ;) Who wants to volunteer to leave his computer at stock clocks for an entire week and report their findings???? Which of you brave souls can actually leave one configuration as is for more than 24 hours???????? Let alone at......gasp.............stock settings!!!!!!!!!! Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! I can't even bear the thought!!!! :eek:

Before I oc'd the machine booted into XP at the bios settings. After I got keep having what Nubius gets.

Sequence I get everytime is,

-coldboot

-hit reset on the board switch

-wait for my pre-boot dual boot screen

-hit reset on board switch

boots into XP with bios settings

Guest Lucky

Wow this m/b is performing well...for me anyways..Today I have not had the cold boot issue, 1st time since installing about a week ago.

<a href=29183bf.jpg' alt='29183bf.jpg'>

That in not stable at 2.9 ...hehehe but..

2851m1mn.th.jpg

Currently gaming at 2.77Ghz on air with no complaints at all. Edit

You don't have to rebuild the raid 0 array. just set it up in bios and f10 in boot.

Set the same chunk size and say No to clear data. Worked for me, I had Si3112a.

Use ports 3,4 by the cpu. If it doesent work, don't panic and don't try to rebuild.

There's a little bit of going back an forth bios/save/reboot and setting the boot

priority to scsi raid before you will be able to boot into your old os. Also disable

Sata 1 (1,2 Marvel) in the bios if you wan't to oc later. Sata 2 is ports 3,4. Ignore

any bios labeling about what it senses- it is wrong. If you have any trouble some

here have done it.

You have to rebuild the RAID when you change controller types. When I had my NFII Infinity, my RAID set was built with the SI. When I changed to the MSI motherboard, it didn't have it and I couldn't use the RAID because there was no SI controller, just the Nvidia controller.