NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

yea stay 602 for now...the others are pure craaaap.

my 2xLDT doesnt work either.

2x LDT do not work. This is not a BIOS issue. Its a chipset. Its known that 2x does not work on NF3 chipsets. Use 3x instead. I tested it to be stable up to 316MHz (my CPU can't go any higher).

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys should stop worrying about this whole 1T deal. Its been proven <-- somebody posted a link the other day, that it makes no difference (when there is one, it is barely anything) You cannot feel the difference aswell. (at all).

Its a psychological issue, really.

Tighter timings are better.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for the delivery of my MDT 2x1024 2.5-3-3 DDR400, which nobody seems to know about, from Germany to arrive. Hopefully I will able to assist once I put the rig together, but seriously 1T is psychological.

It depends though. Running 1T @ speeds like 260MHz certainly is much faster than 2T. When you bump up the HTT to speeds above 300MHz. Running at 312MHz 1:1 2T 2.5-4-3-7 may be faster than running 1T 2.5-3-3-7 257MHz (using the 166MHz option).

I am not able to verify this totally but the DFI running 1:1 2T is a little faster than the MSI running at 1T on 166MHz option in Super PI. For DFI, I managed 29.890s. The MSI could not go below 30s. Best is 30.031s

However, for those who are using CPUs above 3000/3200, 1T definitely helps as they don't need high FSB.

However, whether there is difference or not isn't an excuse not to have a working BIOS. You guys may have read about some idiot sueing MSI over some BIOS incident. DFI would have been sued multiple times for their NF4 board issue.

I hope DFI's BIOS team will buck up and do some serious QC check before letting the BIOS out of their office. We don't need multiple betas that don't work. We just need 1 official that works well.

The options at 312 htt 1:1 are

HTT , Mlt , Div , Cpu , Mem

312 , 9 , 200 , 2808 , 312

312 , 10 , 200 , 3120 , 312

312 , 11 , 200 , 3432 , 312

312 , 12 , 200 , 3744 , 312

This is not real man.

ddr 600+, 2.8g min - 3.7g max on this board

If your talking hypothetical liquid nitrogen maybe

or Mlt < 9, maybe 6,7,8.

I don't think 1T/2T really enters the question here

Here's 6,7,8, where the 8 mult is reasonable at 2.5g but still ddr600+ and

putting the onus on ram instead of raw cpu ghz for fpu, ah....

There is no special purpose for ram speed over the fpu speed, check the benches.

The big cpu/fpu ghz gain outweighs any ram considerations by far and you cant

get big cpu gains and big ram gains simultaneously.

Unless you run servers under heavy usage that "cache" things, there is no performance

gain whatsoever to extreme overclocking of memory. The benchmarks are one thing,

the real world is something else where its a mix (why 9 instructions instead of 6).

Your right though, 2T is fine for stability as long as you want to go big with the

cpu as it should be, and will give better numbers.

1T is for low cpu clockers. Memmory is the tail trying to wag the cpu dog (at high cpu speed)!

312 , 6 , 200 , 1872 , 312

312 , 7 , 200 , 2184 , 312

312 , 8 , 200 , 2496 , 312

You guys should stop worrying about this whole 1T deal. Its been proven <-- somebody posted a link the other day, that it makes no difference (when there is one, it is barely anything) You cannot feel the difference aswell. (at all).

Its a psychological issue, really.

Tighter timings are better.

Meanwhile I'm waiting for the delivery of my MDT 2x1024 2.5-3-3 DDR400, which nobody seems to know about, from Germany to arrive. Hopefully I will able to assist once I put the rig together, but seriously 1T is psychological.

Here 2x512 Mb MDT didn't work, getting beeps and the pci/agp lock didn't work, it only booted once :/. Your sticks are working?

They havent arrived yet, I've been searching for everything on MDT but never got anything, iw ant to know more abotu this ram, i got it very cheap though. cas 2.5 so i was like wow. Might have to spew out for corsair twin pros now.

They havent arrived yet, I've been searching for everything on MDT but never got anything, iw ant to know more abotu this ram, i got it very cheap though. cas 2.5 so i was like wow. Might have to spew out for corsair twin pros now.

Its great ram, not in bad in overclocking thought. On the newer bios i could boot up with 1 stick of 512 mb ram from MDT. But i couldn't overclock because the pci/agp lock didn't work on it. Now the MDT sticks are in my Asus a7n8x-x because the dfi is on RMA.

Conclusion:

Pretty good ram for a cheap price :). Hope the new bios will solve the support problem.

@ Xiled. What did you do to cause this or how did it act? a dead DFI Lanparty NF3 Ultra D

I have not heard of one of these boards as dead yet. You have my curiosity going.

RGone...

@ Xiled. What did you do to cause this or how did it act? a dead DFI Lanparty NF3 Ultra D

I have not heard of one of these boards as dead yet. You have my curiosity going.

RGone...

What I did:

I was testing the MDT ram sticks!

After the memory stick didn't work in slot 1 & 2 & 3. (heard loud beeps)

I putted one ramstick in slot 4 (yellow memoryslots), pressed the startup button, fans did go on for 1 second. The red light by the ram slots did go off. That was all. And it only goes on for 1 second :

I tryed many things like reseting the bios, battery out of the mobo. Different memory sticks, also kingston. After a hour trying everything i toke out my old Asus mobo and putted everything on and it just worked. The only thing i couldn't test was the cpu, but i'm sure the motherboard would give some beeps if the cpu was dead.

So my conclusion was: The motherboard is dead and that just after 5 days :(.

So now i'm already waiting for a week for a new board. Anyone knows how long the RMA procces takes if you RMA from the Netherlands?

While my poor venices wait for some overclocking ;)

None forthcoming that I am aware of. I have said this many times in these forums and it holds true for any forum actually. The engineers do not visit the forums except on the rarest of occasions. The closest that any of us can get to the engineers in Taiwan >

is at this address for tech support in Taiwan. So much of the time is easier to post in forums than it is to set down and write a co-herent email to support; which identifies the real symptoms and gives the configurations that fail and make aware the problem a real user has in the real world.

Communications that have true relevance and bearing on the outcome in this business is often fraught with pitfalls and mis-communtication. Taking the problems as close to the source of fix in a timely and relavent manner is often the best course of action to pursue.

That address above is at HQ in Taiwan for support. Perhaps it is best now to make the plight of the user known as close to the source of expected fix as is humanly possible. Ranting is almost useless due the difference in slang words and meanings but a well worded outline of the overall situation is always a good foot in the door. The more attention brought to bear in the places where fixes are attended to will likely be the best leverage for obtaining some relief. The forum is only a place where we try to help each other. It is now time to take it up a notch to the door of the fix is my guess for most.

RGone...

@ RG: Any ETA on a new bios to fix some of the issues...?