NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

This is the most important thing in this thread, IMO.

So, AG, lemme ask a few Q's:

Jacky is/was at Computex?

Is Jacky sending the boards to you or dropping them off?

OK, I'm gettin a bit pushy with this one:

So, you should have a board in hand in around a week or 2? :nod:

That's the kinda info I like! (I'm not one for trying to 'assume' stuff from pics 'n posts on other sites.

Wasn't Monarch listing the Venice cores with 1MB L2 when they first started taking pre-orders? Just another reason I never trust 100% the info on retailer sites.

Oh yeah, Ramon, please stop trying to get AG to say things about a board he hasn't tested yet, I'd hate to see THIS thread locked, too. I'm sorry the 'assumed' specs seem to be 'poorer' in your opinion.

Personally, I can't wait! :D

first of all, there is no 939 AGP board for sale anywhere. Period. Confirmed by Jacky and Taiwan today. If there was, guys like Enz0 would have one already since he lives in Japan and loves the boards and always buys them.

And others would contact us about the boards they just bought.

But they didnt buy them. So stop with your bs information because it isnt true. I believe myself and my co-workers who work for DFI. I don't believe you nor any japanese website.

Period.

now...some answers maybe to the above quoted questions...

1. Jacky is at Computex

2. Jacky will bring back the boards with him when he returns and ship them to Rgone and I, or he will have them shipped directly from the TW office before he leaves.

3. I have no time frame for a board in my hands. Sorry but this sort of thing doesn't work on hard release dates (just like video game releases...its done when it is done)

As I and others have said before....you do not have to buy this board. No one is holding a gun to your family forcing you to. If you do not like the features, then do not buy one. I'd rather not have a customer wasting our time bitching about features he wanted and didn't get when there are going to be plenty of customers who love the board and bought one and have trouble getting it set up...

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've got some great news here. I just recieved my order from china with this new 939 agp board. I'll post some pics soon. Only thing I don't understand is why, yes, it has agp, and 939, but just before they went to production they decided to throw in some slots for EDO ram. I called them about this but they said not to worry, because it's running not dual channel (x2), but x16! I thought this was very exciting so I dug out about a gig of edo ram I have laying around, filled every slot (there's 64 slots!!) put it all together, then ran some tests. I'll also post pcs of my screen showing 3d mark scores of close to 4,587,300

:nod: :nod: :shake: :):rolleyes: :nod:

Hmmm.....I just got my venice today because I just couldn't wait and wanted to make sure to get one of the earlier batches that seems to be good OC'ers......not board for it though :P

Really wish this board was about....but now I can't decide if I just want to get an MSI to hold me over until this board hopefully comes out.....or try and sell my 6800GT.....only thing is I've never had real good luck selling things before and actually getting them sold......but I'm hoping I could like put it up on ebay then if someone buys it, buy the Ultra-D board and a 6800 PCI-E and have em both here at my house within the week :D

Grrr I don't know what to do :( I know the Neo2 plat is basically the best OC'er in its class, but I've heard a lot of buggy horror stories as well, but meh I guess that's expected with just about any piece of hardware right?

Hmmm decisions decisions :P

I really want to go DFI this time around though, I've been on this NF7-S v2 for a while and was torn between ABit and DFI for that

But you know it'll be a couple weeks even when this board does get released that there will be the need for reviews and finding all the little bugs and tweaks with it and whatnot.

Hmmm.....I just got my venice today because I just couldn't wait and wanted to make sure to get one of the earlier batches that seems to be good OC'ers......not board for it though :P

Really wish this board was about....but now I can't decide if I just want to get an MSI to hold me over until this board hopefully comes out.....or try and sell my 6800GT.....only thing is I've never had real good luck selling things before and actually getting them sold......but I'm hoping I could like put it up on ebay then if someone buys it, buy the Ultra-D board and a 6800 PCI-E and have em both here at my house within the week :D

Grrr I don't know what to do :( I know the Neo2 plat is basically the best OC'er in its class, but I've heard a lot of buggy horror stories as well, but meh I guess that's expected with just about any piece of hardware right?

Hmmm decisions decisions :P

I really want to go DFI this time around though, I've been on this NF7-S v2 for a while and was torn between ABit and DFI for that

But you know it'll be a couple weeks even when this board does get released that there will be the need for reviews and finding all the little bugs and tweaks with it and whatnot.

you can't wait? have you no patience young padawan?

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...427&postcount=9

Well I'm just excited about finally stepping up to AMD64 is mainly the thing here....I have an older revision NF7 board so my RAM can't shine like I know it will be able to in the AMD64......no doubt waiting would be worth it because I know the DFI board would be much greater quality when it comes to OC'ing especially over the MSI.....at this point I'm almost wanting to get the MSI just to simply hold me over until I can get the DFI, but I'm far from rich so that would suck to spend that money.

Nice post you linked BTW, I completely agree, and generally tell people the same thing.......my main thing is I really want a DFI board....one method involves waiting for approx a month assuming that is somewhat when it'll be released....the other is hoping I can sell my card which I better do soon because of the release of the G70 prices will go down.

I know once july came and I had the DFI board in my hands I'd be saying "ahh I'm so glad I waited for this"........but no one said it'd be an easy path up until that point :P

you've got (from what i know of PDP) some very nice memory...if it is real TCCD then it SHOULD clock much much better than your NF7 will (as the NF2 might use TCCD well enough, but the cpu itself nor the NB can handle 275+ FSB speeds)

ive been waiting for a 939 AGP board longer than ALL of you.

You all maybe are antsy waiting, but how about me who KNOWS i will get 2 boards for free right off the bat and be able to destroy them and have them replaced without issue (since it is my job), and have a 3200+, X2-4400+, FX-55 rev2, 4000+ San Diego, Sempron 3200+ 939, and Clawhammer 3500+ cpu's to test in them???? (not to mention an X800 Pro, 6800GT, and a bunch of other AGP cards, along with a big bag of memory, watercooling hardware, etc)

to bad there's no way to run s754 dual channel since the memory controller is on the cpu and setup for single channel. i definitely wouldn't mind getting another DFI mobo if they could find a way around this little problem. something for you to send back to the HQ AG. is there no possible way at all to do a work around the single channel on the cpu? just curious cause i know the people at DFI designing these boards are top notch people and might be secretly working on something of this nature. or maybe it's just another hope dashed.

Let me ease your mind.

The benchmark differences between Aileen and Lydia are very close at stock speeds with the same timmings and memory modules installed.

Aileen is a Clawhammer/Hammer 939 130nm CG stepping on nF4

Lydia is a Clawhammer 754 130nm CG stepping on nF3.

Synthetic benchmarks that punish the memory bandwidth give the edge to the nF4. Application benchmarks are much closer with the nF4 winning by about 8%.

If you don't have to live on the bleeding edge and you factor the difference in cost versus performance the nF3 754 combination is still a great deal every day.

to bad there's no way to run s754 dual channel since the memory controller is on the cpu and setup for single channel. i definitely wouldn't mind getting another DFI mobo if they could find a way around this little problem. something for you to send back to the HQ AG. is there no possible way at all to do a work around the single channel on the cpu? just curious cause i know the people at DFI designing these boards are top notch people and might be secretly working on something of this nature. or maybe it's just another hope dashed.

the memory controller is built into the cpu. there's no way anyone but AMD can do this, and that would require a totally new cpu design as the 754 is designed only for single channel

keep in mind that a 754 2.4Ghz machine will perform the EXACT SAME as a 939 2.4Ghz machine

the ONLY difference is in memory bandwidth...which means nothing...cpu Mhz is what you want

my 2.4Ghz Nf3 + X800 Pro scores about 27,500 on 3dmark01

my 2.4Ghz NF4 + 6800GT scores about 27,700 on 3dmark 01

the only differences are in the vid card (the 6800GT being a bit better of a card)

throw single/dual channel out the window on the A64...there's too much old-school thinking of back in the P4/AthlonXP days when memory bandwidth + cpu mhz was what would get you the performance

an Athlon64 on a DDR166 divider @ 2.4Ghz cpu will still come within a couple percentage points in performance to an Athlon64 on a 200Mhz (1:1) divider @ 2.4Ghz. (I've tested this also)

cpu mhz is what you want. forget memory bandwidth. you absolutely cannot fill an A64's memory controller with enough memory no matter what you do. That is the overall beauty of the integrated memory controller design. That is also why these cpu's perform within 99% usually on a memory divider (a reasonable one, like DDR180, DDR166, and even DDR150).

When you dropped a divider on the NF2, you either corrupted the bios (lol), or you took a giant performance penalty...when you did it on the P4, you could at least clock up the cpu mhz ALMOST enough to make up for it...but we are talking SERIOUS cpu mhz clocking to make up for that divider...

:rolleyes:

So that local hardware store DID have the AMD Athlon 64 3500+ "Venice" in stock back in February?

They sure did have them already, just didn't bother to deliver all those n+1 sold pieces?

Do you know that this retailer really has that board?

I see no indication of availability.

What does the fact that it is listed on the site really mean? Tell us.

ROFL .. maybe it's colorful Magic Dragon NF3 Ultra :P

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13062

lol AG.. was trying to look for my post yesterday and couldn't find my own post.. then i look carefully and saw the avatar :D

thanks ExRoadie and AG for the info and reasurrance. guess i'll be happy with the new TMSP ram i got coming. now i feel comfortable using a devider since AG explained that portion quite clearly. now to shoot for 2.7ghz prime stable.