NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fortunately, I still can see photos and I can read the specs. Am I wrong?

Unfortunately, yes you are wrong. As Angry has stated MANY times in the past it's not a FINISHED product.

If you're not happy with what you see, by all means, go buy the MSI board.

No body uses 8 channel sound, again it is one of those features that only the real enthusiast uses. Same goes for large numbers of SATA drivers. Most people only have one HDD and never even consider raid, 2 HDD is a novelty.

Seriously folks enthusiasts are a minority in the PC market. Most people want the basics and want to pay as little as possible.

DFI are going to come out with a kickass board which goes beyond the bare basics but probably costs as much as a basic setup.

Who can complain at that?

Fortunately, I still can see photos and I can read the specs. Am I wrong?

^

|

|

|

|

Unfortunately, yes you are wrong. As Angry has stated MANY times in the past it's not a FINISHED product.

If you're not happy with what you see, by all means, go buy the MSI board.

No body uses 8 channel sound, again it is one of those features that only the real enthusiast uses. Same goes for large numbers of SATA drivers. Most people only have one HDD and never even consider raid, 2 HDD is a novelty.

Seriously folks enthusiasts are a minority in the PC market. Most people want the basics and want to pay as little as possible.

DFI are going to come out with a kickass board which goes beyond the bare basics but probably costs as much as a basic setup.

Who can complain at that?

The Lanparty is not an "entry level" or "low cost" product line. If you want to "save" your money, you can swap to "Infinity" or "General" product lines. Even the Lanparty NF4 basic product (LANPARTY UT nF4-D) is, in comparison, richer than these LP 939 NF3: Karajan audio module, heatsinks on mosfets, 24 pins atx power connector, 4Volts VDDR option and so on...

so ramon...tell me what exactly you are getting at?

you are bashing a board you dont even have based on a picture from a trade show where every company's goal is to show up and try to out-do their competitors for flash/glitz/publicity? (think E3 but for hardware)

honestly...if you don't like the board, you don't have to buy one. We make the boards based on what we think are the best features for the best pricepoint and it isn't going to please everyone.

this is called reality and sometimes you don't get what you want (i sure never get what i want half the time)

how do you know the audio is going to stink?

oh you dont do you? no, because you dont have a motherboard.

how do you know that the board actually needs heatsinks on the mosfets?

seriously...until you (or I for that matter) have a motherboard...all you are doing is speculating from a picture on a board that isn't even in full production yet.

this is why i closed the big 939 AGP thread in the ask DFI section...it gets out of hand with a few people who get all bent out of shape because they hear rumors, speculations, and leaked pictures and go on a flaming run like a napalm bomber and honestly, I dont have time for it and it just wastes forum space and bandwidth.

so ramon...tell me what exactly you are getting at?

you are bashing a board you dont even have based on a picture from a trade show where every company's goal is to show up and try to out-do their competitors for flash/glitz/publicity? (think E3 but for hardware)

honestly...if you don't like the board, you don't have to buy one.

Angry_Games, which is your problem? I'm not blind and I can see (by photos) the same mobo that everyone can see @Computex (even tomorrow). Which are the difficulties to admit that this "DFI LP NF3 ULTRA-D" is clearly poorer (about features and layout) than DFI NF4 mobos?

We make the boards based on what we think are the best features for the best pricepoint and it isn't going to please everyone.

this is called reality and sometimes you don't get what you want (i sure never get what i want half the time)

how do you know the audio is going to stink?

how do you know that the board actually needs heatsinks on the mosfets?

This is called "marketing strategy": it's different. It seems that the target is clearly to push NF4 lines, but the problem is that a lot of people (and/or DFI customers), coming from socket 754 or older NF2 platform, can't swap so easy to pci-ex, because they buyed an high-end AGP vga (like x800xt, xt/pe, 6800ultra and so on) and want to save their money. But it seems that this new DFI 939 AGP mobo don't seem the right and definitive answer.

seriously...until you (or I for that matter) have a motherboard...all you are doing is speculating from a picture on a board that isn't even in full production yet.

this is why i closed the big 939 AGP thread in the ask DFI section...it gets out of hand with a few people who get all bent out of shape because they hear rumors, speculations, and leaked pictures and go on a flaming run like a napalm bomber and honestly, I dont have time for it and it just wastes forum space and bandwidth.

A napalm bomber? I'm only writing my objective impressions, based on what I (and everybody) can see: is this a problem? Must I wait for censorship?