NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

altho mine just gets out to go to lanpartys... It still rocks.. And even gives my nf4 systems a run for their money.. Still running the same overclock and spec's as in my sig for 6 months now. Ok the GFX card is clocked a bit higher now( but that dont count) ;):D

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, not so. I have used all the BIOS 705, 711, 815, 824, C19. If you initially disable SATA, and disconnect your SATA drives, then build windoze on the IDE boot drive, then set up your RAID array with the required drivers, you can overclock, change GENI BIOS settings, until the cows come home without having to touch your SATA drives ever again. It has always worked this way for me regardless of the the BIOS version. Theres a couple of threads around here about this as well, if you like I can find them for you. :P

only problem is I only use SATA drives so the problem will always be there as DFI apparently has no plans to ever fix anything =(

but like good little tweakers, we just work around it and enjoy what we can do with it anyway

hey ag i have almost the same set up but not that close. i have a maxtor data storage hd and my raptors as my main hd. i have the sata bug.. all i do is unplug the maxtor in sata4 so i can mess around with tweaking the bios and i leave the raptors still plugged in and it works like a charm everytime. i get no sata bug with just the raptors plugged in. i know its a hassle sometimes to plug and unplug the sata drive. but if your happy with 217 htt. stick with it

hey ag i have almost the same set up but not that close. i have a maxtor data storage hd and my raptors as my main hd. i have the sata bug.. all i do is unplug the maxtor in sata4 so i can mess around with tweaking the bios and i leave the raptors still plugged in and it works like a charm everytime. i get no sata bug with just the raptors plugged in. i know its a hassle sometimes to plug and unplug the sata drive. but if your happy with 217 htt. stick with it

well...there's no real need to overclock my X2 4400+ more than 216 (cpuz always says 217)...that gives me 4800+ speeds, and it has 2GB of RAM, an X800 Pro...DangerDen watercooling (it is the quietest comp in the entire lab).

What more do I need?

heck, my main gaming rig is only overclocked to 2500Mhz

I'm one of those that doesnt find the need to have massive overclocks...they really do end up shortening the lifespan of your system (board, memory, cpu, whatever).

Besides...if you are at 2900Mhz and getting 120fps in BF2, and I am only at 2400Mhz and getting 100fps in BF2...am I really that much worse than you (or anyone...not really directed at YOU personally lol)

• 5 weeks later...
I have problem with DFI nf3 ULTRA-D. Now I run on 230FSB, but system is unstable. Memory-166divider (mushkin 550MHz). HTT is 3x. Where is the problem?

O144 runs on 312FSB on my MSI mobo.

Where is problem?

Hey Neller do you have solve your problem ?

• 1 month later...

Well its been a while since I posted, but I recently got some new ram and I was looking to push this board again, but..

I'm running a venice 3000+ 0519GPMW, that on this board it maxes out at 2784mhz, this is where the board hits it's max. (308 HTT set in the bios). I have to rise the LDT from 1.65 to 1.85v to get anything over 305. But I can't get it stable at 309 or higher, even with a lower cpu and ram multi.

Now my ram is running fine at the 166 divider, but i've never been able to run any of my ram at a 1T command rate, I've always had to use 2t (even at stock). I'm using the 602 bios atm, I tried the 705 and the 711, but they cap my max HTT at something like 260-270.

Now my questions, Is it safe to up the LDT voltage to 1.95? I'm running an iceberq 1, with a new fan on it (this is the 3rd fan :mad:).

I haven't tried any of the newer bios' (C19 824 etc.) Do you think I should bother trying any of them. Or am I just stuck with 2t?

Getting my ram to run at 1t would be cool, or any HTT over 308.

Also the 602 reports unusually high temps, my cpu, is running at 53C but i'm only using 1.536v and i'm using a TT big Typhoon?

Edit: Temps up to 57, then bounces down to 50, then 34, and backup to 55?

Temps all seem to do that on every version of this board and every BIOS. Ignore them. As for the high temps, consider that at 1.85v your motherboard is probably very hot around the chipset and that could easily be distorting the readings. I didn't even know the LDT could go to 1.95v :eek:

• 2 months later...

Hi people, I need some help: =/

I've been using BIOS 602 for about a year (except a couple of weeks I tried 2 of the first one, don't remember the exact dates), my board worked rather well. A couple of months ago I started getting sudden reboots . . . so, flashed 824 and C19 and now, my windows gets corrupted every 10 days or so . . . flashed back to 602 (it worked almost flawlessly the first months) but I just had to re install win an hour ago.

What's the most stabble BIOS right now, or what would you recommend me ?

No OC since the first dead windows. No Raid ever.

Thanks.

(system in sig)

well yesterday my mobo died with no apparent reason. when booting up, the fans only spin for 15 seconds, and then auto power off...tried booting without IDE devices, changing psu but nothing worked.

today, went to the sole distributor for dfi in malaysia, i was expecting to wait for RMA, but then they replaced a spanking new board for me...

yippeeee...

^^

• 3 months later...

I tried over and over to understand the DFI A64 guide but I just don't get it.Can someone tell me the complete bios settings for OCing a X2 3800+ Manchester @ 2400Mhz?I ve tried many settings but everytime my system won t boot anymore so I had to clear the cmos.Is it because of my weak DDRAM?I just need a tested OC configuration ,my CPU is very cool with InnoWaterCooling but I just don t know how to do it and the guide is a little complicated for me.my config is in my signature.thanks in advance.