NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Hi there, getting rid of this board finally, just wondering a small thing, how in the hell do you get a divider on this board? I go to dram options and then it has an option 2nd from the top ummm 'max ram frequency' with 100, 133, 166, and 200, or auto. If I set the fsb to 300 and then set the max ram frequency to 200, system still hangs..

I've never enjoyed using this board tbh, way too finnicky, glad I took the jump to the sli-d, loads better clocking options in the bios, also the fan on the motherboard is universally accepted by every owner to be the shoddiest motherboard component in pc history.

Needing to be able to use the divider so I can finally sell this and never have to think about it again :P

TY

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi people , used 600/602 (stock BIOS) in my board for months and it worked flawlessly. When decided to try another one, flashed 711 and runs unstable sometimes, so . . . the next logical step is to go for 824 ? (before C19 and not going back to 602 yet). Remember some horror stories about 705 for Venices . . .

Thx.

PD: don't know if I remember all BIOSes, read and followed most of the thread in it's time, until november :D (will finish it in the next couple of weeks, just a quick question in the meantime).

If I set the fsb to 300 and then set the max ram frequency to 200, system still hangs..

Sure it does because 200 is the 1:1 setting. 166 max mem speed and FSB of 300 is still about 272FSB and probably too high for you.

RGone...

Hi there, getting rid of this board finally, just wondering a small thing, how in the hell do you get a divider on this board? I go to dram options and then it has an option 2nd from the top ummm 'max ram frequency' with 100, 133, 166, and 200, or auto. If I set the fsb to 300 and then set the max ram frequency to 200, system still hangs..

I've never enjoyed using this board tbh, way too finnicky, glad I took the jump to the sli-d, loads better clocking options in the bios, also the fan on the motherboard is universally accepted by every owner to be the shoddiest motherboard component in pc history.

Needing to be able to use the divider so I can finally sell this and never have to think about it again :P

TY

Hi people , used 600/602 (stock BIOS) in my board for months and it worked flawlessly. When decided to try another one, flashed 711 and runs unstable sometimes, so . . . the next logical step is to go for 824 ? (before C19 and not going back to 602 yet). Remember some horror stories about 705 for Venices . . .

Thx.

PD: don't know if I remember all BIOSes, read and followed most of the thread in it's time, until november :D (will finish it in the next couple of weeks, just a quick question in the meantime).

I think, and I seem to remember, that it was said in this forum:

711 for Venice

824 for San Diego (freaking mem-V is limited to 3.1V !!! Darn!!!)

Of course you need time and patience with figuring out optimal settings to run stable - each BIOS has it's own tricks - unfotunately... ;)

I'm still figuring out how to drop my core voltage a bit. It seems that temps are running out of hand with my Thermalright - and I wouldn't want to max my case fans...

I suspect that VMEM is out of juice and UTT NEEDS 3.2V to run 2-2-5-2-1T stable overclocked. At least I hope it's about that...

also the fan on the motherboard is universally accepted by every owner to be the shoddiest motherboard component in pc history.

TY

The fan is not a jewel granted but why do you need any bios setting in order to

sell the junk (I mean board) ?

i just installed my nf3 ultra d temps are funky... it idle at 31 degrees den it goes to 13 den goes back to 31 degrees this is wierd.. anyone ever had this problem

and plus when in make changes in bios under advance chipset my system wont boot? this board got me stumped

Quick question!

I have my HDD's and DVD+/-RW setting as follows:

@IDE0 (Smsgn 160 as master, Smsgn 80 as slave)

- jumper settings Cable Select

@IDE1 (LG DVD+/-RW as master, Smsgn 80 as slave)

- jumper setting master/slave

So why the heck boot takes so freaking long? If I remember correctly, it was said by Angry that those jumper setings shoud be as mentioned above. IF I install nForce IDE drivers, windows can't find IDE Samsung 80 HDD. Works ONLY with basic XP drivers...

Should I change IDE0 jumpers as master slave, or do i change IDE jumpers as cable select? Anyone? Please!

I could test that myself (and I will if no answer), but if someone has a hint - I would appreciate it... Saves time...

Thanks in advance! Cheers! ;)

Guest gallo81
Quick question!

I have my HDD's and DVD+/-RW setting as follows:

@IDE0 (Smsgn 160 as master, Smsgn 80 as slave)

- jumper settings Cable Select

@IDE1 (LG DVD+/-RW as master, Smsgn 80 as slave)

- jumper setting master/slave

So why the heck boot takes so freaking long? If I remember correctly, it was said by Angry that those jumper setings shoud be as mentioned above. IF I install nForce IDE drivers, windows can't find IDE Samsung 80 HDD. Works ONLY with basic XP drivers...

Should I change IDE0 jumpers as master slave, or do i change IDE jumpers as cable select? Anyone? Please!

I could test that myself (and I will if no answer), but if someone has a hint - I would appreciate it... Saves time...

Thanks in advance! Cheers! ;)

Did you have a Floppy Drive?

Guest gallo81
Nope, my FDD died and I tossed it out of window. Why?

Well there are reasons.

When you connect bad the floppy it take a lot of time to boot it on.

Try to change in BIOS->Standard CMOS Features->Drive A: None and then go to Advanced BIOS Features->First Boot Device->Put CDROM or HDD and see the 2nd and 3rd Boot Device and if theres floppy, change it like:

1st Boot Device: CDROM

2nd Boot Device: HDD

3rd Boot Device: Disable

Boot Other Device: Disable

If this doesn't work, then try to change the jumper of the HDD to Master w/slave and your DVD+/-RW in Slave

Hope it help, good luck