NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the reason why I bought this board :) I still use an AGP card, an heavily overclocked ATi X800 Pro whick runs as an X800 XT PE @ 640/1200. Which still gives me a lot performance in games. I think at the end of this summer/autumn I'll do another upgrade and get me an affordable nVidia 7800GS agp (still has to be released but will be a very fast AGP based card) and get me an affordable X2 proc :)

I don't think there's any high demand for high end agp motherboards at all.

Maybe a year ago if this dfi board worked ok. A cheap pci-e card gets you in the

nf4+ game, totally dilluting that argument. Any agp card, no matter how high

power is outside manufacture specs from about a year ago forward. Any agp

boards produced today are a hook and a scam. Agp graphic cards today are

worth dirt financially. I don't care what it is. Its like buying a brand new 57 chevy.

Its not that pci-e is some supreme betterment, its a standard that has been

gone from development for over a year. I don't care if your graph board cand whip

a sufleie, its a standard that is not designed for anywhere, and will cause problems.

Don't be the last rat to evacuate from the sinking ship. Btw, the nf4 boards dfi

produces don't have "any" of the problems if this particular df3 board. Doesent

"that" seem strange?

Agreed. Sure us computer nerds usually upgrade to the latest greatest but the majority of people keep a system for several years. I know a whack of people who have no need to upgrade to the latest and greatest but are happy with yesterdays stuff.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=29313

Dont think it would be a hook and scam as fifty five persent on the cards still sold are AGP.. But I do think it will Die out more rapidly in the next few years

Ok,

staring my nF3 Ultra-D project today. Basic hints picked from here, so let's see how they work out for me...

I'll report back IF I get this running at all with my SD.

I hope this runs like a charm.... :angel:

EDIT: Darn, basic setup worked like an angel. Only obstacle was third HDD as slave with DVD+/-RW - reeeeeaaaally slowing boot up (jupper settings DVD as master and HDD as slave).

Overclocking up to next. Thanks of everyone for contributing their setups and solved porblems etc. Took a while dig up the needed info, but now I'm up and running...

i finally got a hold of an dfi lanparty ut nf3 ultra d.... and it so happens dat fedex decided to lose it... mang this sux.. dey said dey left it on my front porch at 1pm friday wala... nothing there.. makes me mad.. what should i do.. i was getting ready to clock dat beast...

i finally got a hold of an dfi lanparty ut nf3 ultra d.... and it so happens dat fedex decided to lose it... mang this sux.. dey said dey left it on my front porch at 1pm friday wala... nothing there.. makes me mad.. what should i do.. i was getting ready to clock dat beast...

I've seen better english from people who's first language is afrikaans. I found your post insulting to read as there are members here for who English is a second or third language, and they all manage to create better posts than this. Eubonics is not a language, take it to heart.

I've seen better english from people who's first language is afrikaans. I found your post insulting to read as there are members here for who English is a second or third language, and they all manage to create better posts than this. Eubonics is not a language, take it to heart.

sorry did i hit a nerve? i dont think you have the right to tell me how to type... for your fyi... y do you think its ebonics... juss because i like to keeps my words short.. this forum is to help and discuss not to insult people... for future reference.. dont read my post nexttime i didnt put your head down the toilet and make you suffer to read it.. next time dont take things to seriously... just read and move on...

I just deleted two posts.. you two know who you are so just cut it out.. This isnt a forum to insult each other .. period.. !

Let keep this on topic.. if anyone has a problem with this then pm me !

Thanks

Allright,

got this without even breaking a sweat. CPU @ 2700MHz - not much, but enough for me... ;)

- Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego

- TwinMOS UTT (slot 1 & 2)

BIOS:

FSB Bus Frequency - 225

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio - 12

HTT x - 4

AGP - 67 MHz

CPU Voltage - 1.50v

Chip Set Voltage - 1.7v

VDIMM - 3.0v

MEM settings:

DRAM Frequency Set - 225 (1:1)