NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

why I said it sounds like starving for Voltage is reading youre spec's and what you describe the problem you are having . That ANtec 350 Is realy being taxed. You measured voltages arent too bad. But you have a lot For it to power.

Can tell you this for sure.. I have a Antec 350 Smart Blue.. I have tried it on 4 of these boards.. with just 2 80mm fans 1 Ide drive.Xp90 Heatsink 1 CDROM !floppy. And a 9800XT.. And I flat ran out of power with a 3000 vinny @2200.

I would recommend at least a 430Watt for what you have and then worry about what youre rail voltages are.. They could be 12.5v,5.15v, 3.6v And it wont do any good if you dont have enought power to go around.

Set the chipset Voltage to 1.75 and temp wise you should be ok.. It will over volt a little on the chipset, to in the neighborhood of 1.78v So that would be plenty

Well I figured I'd have to up the PSU at some point so I just ordered a TP-II 480W. Hopefully that will fix things up.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fought with 824 for half an hour last night and couldn't boot into windows without a BSOD, something along the lines of PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (maybe PNF)and had to go back to 711. Basically the login screen would come up and BANG, BSOD, even when I tried safe mode.

Can anybody tell me why I can't use the 5x HTT multi at stock? Seems when I hit 1000 the system will boot but then windows locks within 1 minute. Even 250x4 locks it. I had hoped maybe this was something corrected in 824, but I couldn't get that to work at all.

I read on another thread PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is because your mem timings are

too tight. Try loosening them up a bit. Also, set most of the obscure timings

on auto. Then if your ok, read from A64 twkr for the settings to set in bios.

Dfi has got a 1,2,3 romsips for that put you in the ballpark when set to auto.

From there you can change one thing at a time. Don't think that technology

has filtered down to this board yet. Its on their nf4 and as I recall, their

infinity, nf2's. Don't know much else. Maybe AG or RG know...

My stick of Corsair XMS PC3200 512mb CL2 didnt work with bios 602 (stock), if i'd put it in, i'd get beep's. I went to 711, the stick still didnt work. Once I took it out however, my other two sticks of Kingston HyperX 256mb BH5 didnt work either (again, no boot, just beeps). Puzzled, I took a single generic stick of 256mb (junk stuff) and put it in, and it booted. Flashed to 824, and again my Kingston and Corsair didnt work and no boot. Put the generic 256 back in and flashed back to 711 and now is working with my 2x 256mb Kingston HyperX BH-5. But, I can't seem to get the Corsair to boot although it does work in my brothers MSI mobo and my mothers Asus board.

So now, im looking to trade this Corsair stick or sell and buy another stick. :tooth:

man this is really killing me now, my Nerwark has been sold and im in process of working out a rma to the egg on the mobo, but now the Beloved 939 pinner i so looked forward to getting along with a 3800 manny core is now DISCONTINUED???

Any timeline as to when this new Revision will be released?

As it looke ima be looking at atleast a week maybe more so hopefully in this time the new ones will come out..

If not ima have to check out some of the older ones, i usderstand totally about these boards and am willing to take the chance with a "defective" one if thats even the case..

I think a little tweak can cure the common cold :)

ima stay on these posts and folow em tightly, Angry one, Rgone, any word when this newer revision is comin out? If it even is? Same price point? gimme something bro i know U got the scoop, or atleast I hope you do...

Hey guys, I read through some of this thread and noticed lots of people are having trouble with their chipset fan. I'm having the same problem when booting up in the mornings and it's making a loud grinding noise and spins very slow.

I was wondering which chipset fan to buy would be inexpensive and would fit this board?

Also I've never replaced a chipset fan before, so I was wondering if I will have to remove the board from the case to do this. And I was wondering if I will have to clean off the chipset and put on some new thermal paste? Or could I just get away with leaving the old thermal stuff there and just mount the fan?

Thanks

Hey guys, I read through some of this thread and noticed lots of people are having trouble with their chipset fan. I'm having the same problem when booting up in the mornings and it's making a loud grinding noise and spins very slow.

I was wondering which chipset fan to buy would be inexpensive and would fit this board?

Also I've never replaced a chipset fan before, so I was wondering if I will have to remove the board from the case to do this. And I was wondering if I will have to clean off the chipset and put on some new thermal paste? Or could I just get away with leaving the old thermal stuff there and just mount the fan?

Thanks

Vantec Iceberq. Board must be removed and new paste needs to be applied...

im bout to splurge on another motherboard. the DFI NF4 Ultra(non-sli), any one know of any cool modular PS'es that are good for pcie?

I have a Antec Smart power 500(though not a true modular) and it does a ok job as long as I dont have ANY thing else besides the MOBO , H/D's and VID CARD. Everything else is ran By anouther PSU.

If you got the extra Cash.. Get the best PSU you can get. OCZ 600 2.0.

It seems like over kill. But that board , and a high end card uses alot of power

im bout to splurge on another motherboard. the DFI NF4 Ultra(non-sli), any one know of any cool modular PS'es that are good for pcie?

In case you havent noticed...this is the NF3 thread...Go to your run down thread called *tweaks*, you might find NF4 stuff there.