NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google for true pwr 430 volt sense mod. You might want to add a higher speed fan in there to keep it all nice and cool since your ambient temps are relatively high there.

there is aloso a mod?well sort of a mod that lets youre fans run full speed. Or you can do like I did and make a controller for the fans.

I went to work testing why some of us cannot save anything with 7/05 and 7/11.

I started off flashing from 6/02 to 7/11 using a floppy. I did not use the autoexec.bat I chose to flash myself using the following switches (I dont know what switches the autoexec.bat uses or the Diamond Flower Image) /py/sn/cc/cd/cp/QI/E. I flashed 2 times with these switches and then a 3rd time without /E. Restarted and loaded optimized defaults. Booted to windows. Restarted, went into bios, changed my hammer FID from auto to x9, save and exit. No post.

Shut down, clear cmos, and I unplugged my secondary IDE cable with my 2 opticals on it (this was my first hunch that it was what was borking something). Power up, go into bios, load optimized, boot to windows. Restart, go into bios, change hammer FID to x9, save and exit. No post.

So right now I'm a little frustrated so I go ahead and unplug everything while im powered down clearing my cmos again, Primary IDE, Secondary IDE, SATA and Floppy. Power up, go into bios, load optimized, boot to windows. Restart, go into bios, change hammer FID to x9, save and exit. BEEP IT POSTED

I went back into the bios and changed everything, save and exit, Post's again. THIS IS NO FLUKE HERE. I tweak some things in my genie bios, and power down. I plug back in just my floppy. Boot up and change one last thing in bios to make sure its not the floppy borking it. It's not. I ran memtest overnight (looks like 266mhz 2.5-4-3-7 1T is all my tcc5's have in them, bummer).

This morning I added my boot drive (Primary IDE) and went into bios, backed off my HTT Frequency, save and exit, ANOTHER POST

So this narrows it down to the SATA being the problem it would seem. More to come.

Oh there is no real doubt it is the sata as it is written about before. I run sata raid 0 on 3 and 4 and had to unhook raid array (JUST THE POWER not data) and make changes I was going to make in bios and reboot with bios saved and then shut down and hook up sata drives power cables and on to windows. So you are seeing it with a single drive like AG saw the other day when for the FIRST time he used a sata drive. All previous times he had a PATA drive on.

Set bios up with sata power cable unhooked and then it will go to windows alright if you don't have it mis-configured and often any thing you change in bios will mean unhook sata power again and make change and then rehook the sata drives.

I set my bios as I need it and leave the heck alone.

IF you wish to speak to the board engineers >> EMAIL here is best...

They will need a 'complete' and specific configuration of system setup and the note that the bios will save and exit with your options and not just Load Optimized>> AS LONG AS SATA DRIVES ARE UNHOOKED.

RGone...

Why is it that after the first Initial changes. and boot into windows. I can :: for example Go from 220HTT straight to 300HTT and change all corralating settings also and it will save every time... I know each Board will differ slightly.. But I have never had to Dissconnect My H/D's or the power to them.

Note: not to Mention ABi_ Here But initialy I had the same Savings problem .On my Fatal1ty. With or without SATA

It turned out to be a timming issue in BIOS.Or thats what I was TOLD. Here was the explanation I got in a email

After Initial Cmos save.and first post there is a designated time that the Bios has designated to save settings In Cmos

.Each configuration(M/b Component design) has its own required time. to optimaly save settings. If the timming and sequence it not exactly correct ,Settings may be saved but in the wrong order(sequence) Or not enough time to save at all. Resulting in No post Or No post completion..

Hence it will post slight changes correctly. But not dramatic changes.

Once the time requred is calculated . It can be implemented or Modified into each subsequent BIOS and Should save setting correctly.

Dont know how they calculate it and what variables it has to take in account for I:E SATA drives, PATA, Or such but was what I was told. Some one with access could maybe ask a BIOS Modder. And get a better explanation. OR maybe a solution ;)

NOTE I dont have that particular Board any more

I have had none whatsoever saving problems. Other than the 815 bios. It will always default the HTT back to 216MHz.

I'm running my Venice 3200+ at 2700MHz and my 2x Corsair 512MBXL (TCCD) mem at 270MHz. CAS 2.5-3-3-10-1t. Using 3 Volts to get them stable. And DQ reduction at 50%. My CPU is capable of more. The problem is that these RAM chips can't get any further on this motherboard. And they don't like the async settings. So I'm stuck somewhere between 2700MHz and 2750MHz. I haven't tried CPC-2t. I think this setting will slow the system to much. So it ain't worth it.

Hello forum. I'm hoping someone can help me out. Unlike many here I'm not a gamer. I'm a musician and I just purchased the DFI Lanparty nF3 Ultra D and built a PC for recording music.

I hit a few snags here and there and was able to solve them by reading some posts here (thanks all). I have one issue that I can't seem to solve.

When I have all of my USB devices plugged in, USB quits on me. About 5 mins. after I boot Windows USB turns off and none of my USB devices function. Even weirder, some devices seem to still be powered. Everything else (non USB) seems to be working but I can't investigate further as I have no PS2 mouse and keyboard.

I've listed my specs below; Anything you guys can do to help will be greatly appreciated. I apologize if this issue has been posted/solved already, I may have missed it in my frustration.

DFI Lanparty nF3 Ultra D (bios 2005/07/11)

ATI Radeon 9250

M-Audio Firewire 1814

Ultra XConnect 500 Watt PS

3GB Crucial and kingston Memory (2x1000 & 2x512)

USB Devices

-----------

Yamaha Motif

Motorola USB Wireless NIC

USB keyboard and Mouse

Canon MP750 USB

Ilok

Ipod

Microsoft Fingerprint Reader

Griffin Technology PowerMate

Belkin 8 in 1 Media Reader & Writer

(2) Belkin 7 Port Usb hubs (Powered)

----------------------

CPU-Z version 1.28.6

----------------------

CPUID Output

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name AMD Athlon 64 3800+

Code name Venice

Specification AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+

Package Socket 939

Core Stepping E3

Clock Speed 2411.7 MHz

Clock multiplier x12.0

HTT Bus Frequency 201.0 MHz

P-Rating 3800+

Chipset

Northbridge nVidia nForce3 250 rev. A1

Southbridge nVidia nForce3 MCP rev. A2

Graphic Interface AGP

AGP Revision 3.0

AGP Transfert Rate 8x

AGP SBA supported, enabled

AGP Aperture 128 MBytes

Memory Type DDR

Memory Size 3072 MBytes

Memory Frequency 160.8 MHz (CPU/15)

CAS# 2.5

RAS# to CAS# 3

RAS# Precharge 3

Cycle Time (tRAS) 7

Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 10

DRAM Idle Timer 16

Memory SPD

DIMM #1

General

Memory type DDR-SDRAM

Manufacturer (ID) (7F7F7F7F46000000)

Size 1024 MBytes

Max bandwidth PC3200 (200 MHz)

DIMM #2

General

Memory type DDR-SDRAM

Manufacturer (ID) Micron Technology (2CFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

Size 1024 MBytes

Part number 16VDDT12864AG40BDB

DIMM #3

General

Memory type DDR-SDRAM

Manufacturer (ID) Kingston (7F98000000000000)

Size 512 MBytes

DIMM #4

General

Memory type DDR-SDRAM

Manufacturer (ID) Kingston (7F98000000000000)

Size 512 MBytes

Software

Windows Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

DirectX Version 9.0c

Metronome Have you tried just installing each USB device one at a time to see if it is a Device problem? And does it do it if you only have youre keyboard and Mouse attactced.?Also Check to see if youre chipset fan is working(Heat will sometimes cause this)

I have had none whatsoever saving problems. Other than the 815 bios. It will always default the HTT back to 216MHz.

I'm running my Venice 3200+ at 2700MHz and my 2x Corsair 512MBXL (TCCD) mem at 270MHz. CAS 2.5-3-3-10-1t. Using 3 Volts to get them stable. And DQ reduction at 50%. My CPU is capable of more. The problem is that these RAM chips can't get any further on this motherboard. And they don't like the async settings. So I'm stuck somewhere between 2700MHz and 2750MHz. I haven't tried CPC-2t. I think this setting will slow the system to much. So it ain't worth it.

in my case, to run 1t, max htt hit is 275, any higher the board will give me millions of errors in memtest. so to run htt > 300, i need to settle with 2t. i'm currently burning in my gskill fc (tccd) with 2.96V, 2.5-4-4-8 @ 2t on 311htt, memtest give me some errors but i think after some burn in it'll be just fine.

yeah, memory bandwidth of 311htt @ 2t is second to 275htt @ 1t... :sweat:

memory configuration is set to auto for everything... ;)

in my case, to run 1t, max htt hit is 275, any higher the board will give me millions of errors in memtest. so to run htt > 300, i need to settle with 2t. i'm currently burning in my gskill fc (tccd) with 2.96V, 2.5-4-4-8 @ 2t on 311htt, memtest give me some errors but i think after some burn in it'll be just fine.

yeah, memory bandwidth of 311htt @ 2t is second to 275htt @ 1t... :sweat:

memory configuration is set to auto for everything... ;)

I was also able to run them at around 276MHz at CPC 1t (Choosing 275MHz HTT in bios really gives you 276MHz + speed). The problem is when I'm going from 270MHz on the memory to 276MHz I had to slow down the memtimings to 2.5-4-3-10. I think 270MHz at CAS 2.5-3-3-10 should be faster.

By the way, anyone heard if DFI is working on a new bios?

Metronome Have you tried just installing each USB device one at a time to see if it is a Device problem? And does it do it if you only have youre keyboard and Mouse attactced.?Also Check to see if youre chipset fan is working(Heat will sometimes cause this)

It was a USB device! Thanks a mil blinker0. After reading your post, I remembered that I installed the driver from the CD that came with my Yamaha Motif. (I usually never do that). I installed the latest driver and voila, a stable system, (so far knock on wood).

Thanks again!