NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

240@ 2-2-2-6 timings is pretty high for that memory It should have around 2.7 to 2.9 volts on the VDIMM. and at that CPU speed may try default +1 maybe 2.. with chipset 1.75v

mine is bh-5, tested stable 240 @ 2-2-2-11 / 1T w/ my ui setup usin 3.2v. yup, i've put d chipset voltage to 1.75 ledi.... guess i need to give others bios a try...

or maybe i shud mod d psu, 11.3v is definately too low... :sweat:

thx for d input mate... :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What memory was stable on one board @ certian settin.. may mot be stable on this board. May want to try other timmings also

11.3 is definently low on the 12v rail.. But if you are basng that on BIOS readings you may want to test it @ socket You may have a good 12v rail. it just may not show it in BIOS... 602 bios readings are not accurate

With an XP-120 you will have to run your memory in slots 1/2 and booster in slot 4...very tight fit. The booster display will be facing down as well so you won't be able to read it...

THX man How about with the xp90 will I be able to put the boosters in slot 1?

guys, pls give sum advise on how to flash d bios? do i need to include d autoexec.bat file in d diskette? or i juz need d awdflash.exe and d bin file? dare not take d risk since my ui juz died on me bcoz of false bios flashin... :sweat:

I have a weird problem now. My sound doesen't work at all but.. it used to. It started to not work after I took my motherboard out of its case to put a new chipset fan on and also install a new hdd. I decided to leave my motherboard outside of the case ontop of a anti-static bag which was on top of a wooden desk, and it ran fine. After installing windows I began to install all my drivers. My ac'97 drivers installed fine but I was getting no sound. My cable to front audio was plugged in and everything.

What's weird is that overtime my realtek ac'97 driver began to not install from a fresh format. It would bring up the windows logo testing windows about 20 times before it installed (which didn't happen before. It only brought up the logo testing window once or twice before install I think). I've tried using another hdd and it didn't work on there and I've also used three different version of windows and none of them would install ac-97 drivers. I've cleared cmos also. I'm asking this in hope that I might of forgotten something from moving it outside the case, like certain cables not being plugged in?

Maybe the IO cluster not grounding on the case :confused: Never tinkered with the board out of the case just guessing :D

Meh idk anymore. I just don't understand why my sound drivers refuse to install now. Why would the windows logo testing window pop up 20 times before I install now? I don't understand this.

Thought Venice was smoked, so , bought second board and 3700+ SD. SD did not post on 1st board. Used 2nd boards bios to boot to dos pulled bios and replaced it with old and reflashed 815, used OG's clear/boot sequence w/Venice then replaced cpu. SD worked until 300 x10 attempt. Board dead. Pulled SD repalced with Venice, flashed 705 with other bios and board worked with Venice but not with SD. Put SD on second (new) board, flashed 705 SD worked until 327 x9 attempt. Board dead. Did bios/Venice switch... Venice worked SD did not. Flashed 815 - SD working well at 303 x9, guess cabge 524xpbw will not run much over 2800mhz at 1.62V. Venice lbble 518dpdw does this with Patriot PC-4800+XBLK and OEM AMD Cooling (warm). Venice 3000+ is best deal unless you can pick up early SD IMO. :nod: