NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

I have read alot at different places.. That Vinny core CPU's dont like the weak drive Strength .. And that if you leave it on AUTO It will automaticaly set it to a weak drive... Try putting it on Normal drive Strength and see if you have a difference mine is one that dont like weak setting or auto.. Only likes normal

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thank I am probably getting ddr booster wihich i heard should be put in the 1slot will it fit if i buy a xp-90 or 120? And does the 120 fit on this board?

With an XP-120 you will have to run your memory in slots 1/2 and booster in slot 4...very tight fit. The booster display will be facing down as well so you won't be able to read it...

I need to replace the chipset fan on this mobo, it's making quite a bit of noise on startup, then quiets down once the Windows desktop shows up. Any ideas on a good replacement fan/heatsink? I will need to buy a heatsink, not just a fan, right?

Thanks!

I was looking at that thread, that chipset cooler looks gigantic. :) Am I going to have any clearance problems with a BFG 6800 OC? It's a pretty tight fit right now...

Does it make a big difference which Iceberq chipset cooler I buy off of SVC.com? There are like 4 different ones available.

Chipset Coolers

guys, juz get my board last 2 days, however i've yet to play with it so much. juz tried 9*240 w/ 240 @ 2-2-2-6 / 1T not stable, same w/ while running stock speed. i think d stock bios ain't gud enuf for my setup, any recommendation from u guys? thx in advance... :)

edited:

i found dat dis board undervolt alot, my +12v drop to 11.3xv in d bios... scary...

guys, juz get my board last 2 days, however i've yet to play with it so much. juz tried 9*240 w/ 240 @ 2-2-2-6 / 1T not stable, same w/ while running stock speed. i think d stock bios ain't gud enuf for my setup, any recommendation from u guys? thx in advance... :)

What voltages are you using?

I have a question do the zalman 7700 and 7000 series fit on this board? I heard you had to buy some extra parts if i wanted the xp-90 or 120.

7000 fits.

7700 only fits if you're using a graphic card that is naked on the top.

Any vga cooler having a part on the top side on the card (ATI/NV Silencer, Zalman VF700 etc...) will bump into the 7700, not much, but 1 or 2mm is enough to cause problems.

I was looking at that thread, that chipset cooler looks gigantic. :) Am I going to have any clearance problems with a BFG 6800 OC? It's a pretty tight fit right now...

NO, it won't fit unless you start modding the chipset cooler (chopping some bits to lower its height), I have the same problem with a Leadtek 6800GT and its gigantic copper sandwich.

I have found the big Zalman chipset cooler (45mm high) to be easier to mod for this purpose (it has individual lamellas that are easier to cut). The Vantec chipset coolers have more bulky features, they are more difficult to cut.

edited:

i found dat dis board undervolt alot, my +12v drop to 11.3xv in d bios... scary...

Your cpu memory controller does not seem to like high fsb in 1T mode, it is common for Venices. Try pushing up your cpu voltage a bit more, it helps increasing the limit.

My Venice just runs fine at 2,6GHz with only 1,45V, but is limited at 226MHz in 1T mode. At 1,50V, it can run at 235MHz in 1T mode.

A good idea is to test your ram and cpu limits separately.

When testing the ram, lower your cpu multiplier and work synchronously.

When testing the cpu, use a coef to keep the ram frequency under 200MHz (100, 133 or 166).

And then find the best combination.

Does it make a big difference which Iceberq chipset cooler I buy off of SVC.com? There are like 4 different ones available.

Chipset Coolers

I am using this chipset cooler. Dont know about the clearance with ths BGF 6800.. But I can fit full length PCi cards in the slots beside it.. But you have to modify it a little For clearance with surrounding components

http://www.evercool.com.tw/products/vc_re.htm