NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

My 2nd DFI nf3 ultra-d is on his rma tour (first one got rejected).

I had lots of problems with the board (ie, not working dual channel, cold boot problems, etc etc).

So when i removed the board out of my case i saw that one of the 'big' traces next to the ATX connector was just totally burned out?

I saw bare copper and the trace was just burned loose of the PCB and it was broken.

Don't know when this happened, but i hope the board did not kill any of my other components in my pc....

Hopefully the new replacement board will be here soon :)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did you find that Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939? I've had to RMA my Ultra-D cause the USB controller died, gonna pick up either the K8NSNXP-939 or MSI Neo2 while I wait for the replacement.

I would pass on both of these if I were you. My Neo2 Platinum is on rma right now due to castastrophic failure. First it killed a psu, then it would not boot unless my backup psu was jumpered for constant power. Then it refused to run my memory at anything above 200mhz. And finally it just died and refused to power up at all.

my fan started to die...yesterday i stripped the chipset fan off my old Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939 to replace it with, and i think i knows, because its been running fine :P

I just removed my dead chipset fan and haven't replaced it yet. It's still running just as cool as with it working.

I dunno must be the good ambient temps I have here, or the fact NF3 is a cooler running setup.

I just removed my dead chipset fan and haven't replaced it yet. It's still running just as cool as with it working.

I dunno must be the good ambient temps I have here, or the fact NF3 is a cooler running setup.

are you going on temps reported by a program like Motherboard Monitor???

or do you have some sort of Temp probe???

i wouldn't trust MBM for something like this...

when the fan stopped going on my EPoX (Also NF3), it really started to heat up...

I am just shy of feeling sorry for DFI over the chipset fan problem. They have been burned by some QC problems not of their making, I hope they are letting their fan supplier feel some of the pain.

I would not RMA the board for the fan, but it would be nice if DFI would send a new fan to their customers as a peace offering.

are you going on temps reported by a program like Motherboard Monitor???

or do you have some sort of Temp probe???

i wouldn't trust MBM for something like this...

when the fan stopped going on my EPoX (Also NF3), it really started to heat up...

Yeah, I'm going by MBM , I've never seen it go over 42 in the month or so the fan has been dead, I just took it yesterday and everything is runnin just as cool as with it on.

Yeah, I'm going by MBM , I've never seen it go over 42 in the month or so the fan has been dead, I just took it yesterday and everything is runnin just as cool as with it on.

yeah...i wouldn't trust MBM...

if you can, measure it with a proper temperature probe...

Hi all :)

i want to buy this board with a 3700+ San Diego, can you confirm me that i dont need a bios update ?

the 3700+ San Diego is supported by the initial bios ?

im going to use some BH5 ram, is there moded bios with 4v for ram (like the one by tictac for nf3 250gb) ?

is the OCZ ddr booster working great with this board ?

does this ram are going to work together : 2 x512mo adata pc4500 TCCD + 2 x512mo Mushkin blue (New BH5) ?

with the DFI nforce4 i saw bios for bh5 or TCCD, do we have this kind of bios for nforce3 Ultra ?

Sorry for all the questions, but im not so good in english, so i just shoot them all in once :D

Thx for help :)

It will support it right out of the box.. But There are various bios updates... Just need to read prior post and determin which one you think would be the best for youre setup and try it. Booster works on this board .. Mine gives up to 3.85v