NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add mine to the list of bad fans . . . . mine sounded like a small diesel when I powered up today. I tried WD-40 on the bearing, let's see how long it holds up.

Has anybody ever rma'd their board for this bad fan?

Swagman:: Sounds like your dims fried. If you have any other ram you don't

particularly like that are rma'able, you might want to try them at stock settings

to check the mobo, otherwise its a ram rma (fried) and a board rma. Flip a coin.

my fan started to die...yesterday i stripped the chipset fan off my old Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939 to replace it with, and i think i knows, because its been running fine :P

How did you find that Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939? I've had to RMA my Ultra-D cause the USB controller died, gonna pick up either the K8NSNXP-939 or MSI Neo2 while I wait for the replacement.

Add mine to the list of bad fans . . . . mine sounded like a small diesel when I powered up today. I tried WD-40 on the bearing, let's see how long it holds up.

I used some Teflon on it...2 days later it died again :P

How did you find that Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939? I've had to RMA my Ultra-D cause the USB controller died, gonna pick up either the K8NSNXP-939 or MSI Neo2 while I wait for the replacement.

DO NOT GET THE K8NSNXP-939!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The K8NSNXP-939 was the first 939 board i got...i ordered it interstate cause i couldn't get it in WA...and i paid an obserd amount of money for it...literally double wat i paid for the DFI NF3 Ultra-D...

i had to RMA mine twice!!! first time, i saw a LARGE spark from it and after that a 8x AGP card wouldn't work in it...second time if just wouldn't turn on...literally, no power...and the wholesaler wouldn't warranty it...now its sitting in the bin :P

and if you think the DFI NF3-Ultra D is buggy/unstable....HA!!!!! you aint seen nothing yet!!!!

sooo, yeah...thats a no for the K8NSNXP-939.....

a few of the other Gigabytes go quite good...like the K8NS-Ultra939 K8NSPro (something like that...can't remember the exact names...there are sooo many)

Will there ever be a modded bios which alows more volts to the ram?

According to TicTac it can't be done with this board...Don't know why but if anyone knows it can't be done I would think it would be TicTac...