NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

There is no real optimal Stripe.

If you are doing video Tou want a large stripe and cluster.. For gamming between 16 and 64 Stripe size and cluster... To do any cluster other than 4 which is Windows default.. Tou will have to format drives under a system already runninng... I:E install a IDE drive put OS on it .. set stripe in raid config And format with the same size cluster in windows

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok thanks again guys,I am mostly gaming on the pc so will aim to get it between 16 and 64.

I did not realise that I would need to format the drives under Windows.I guess its ok to use Win 98 to do this as I have it preloaded on an old drive I use when messing with my Tivo?

J

You will have to do it under Xp for a NTFS partition.. Especialy for that size of partition.. Just load xp on the old drive and install drivers only.. Dont activate it .. And then do youre format It takes some time but worth it

You will have to do it under Xp for a NTFS partition.. Especialy for that size of partition.. Just load xp on the old drive and install drivers only.. Dont activate it .. And then do youre format It takes some time but worth it

Doh of course forgot that XP is NTFS and 98 is FAT.

Going to try and get it done for tommorow(today lol he says checking his watch)once I get a Shuttle build out the way hopefully.

Will let you know how it goes

J

If your going to be running your BH-5 under 260-270 HTT then you should be fine. The board seems to have a problem running at 1T above that. I'm hoping the next bios revision will take care of that problem for us TCCD users.

LOL!! How's low 80's instead? That way you can get some sleep :D By the time you get everything dialed in you'll have no problem.

am3333mhz9pg.th.jpg

That's with no gfx oc running 333X8 memory 1:1...

Wow!! all I had to do was manually enter all my RAM settings in bios and I now have 1T. I didnt realize I could get 1T with 06/02 bios. WOOOT! That bumped my Aquamark3 score up to just under 81000. I love this site!

On a side note.. Everest reports something wierd:

CPU Properties:

CPU Type DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

CPU Alias Manchester S939

CPU Stepping BH-E4

CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon 64 X2 Processor 4200+

CPUID Revision 00020FB1h

CPU Speed:

CPU Clock 2589.60 MHz

CPU Multiplier 11.0x

CPU FSB 235.42 MHz (original: 200 MHz, overclock: 18%)

Memory Bus 235.42 MHz

Memory Timings 2.5-3-2-5 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Command Rate (CR) 1T

Anyone seen that 5000+ thing before?

PEACE!!!!

Guest Swagman6531

Gentlemen I think something seriously wigged out on my board and I need help badly. I've had this board pretty much from the day it was available and I have overcome many tweaking and troubleshooting hurdles to come this far. Anyways, it all started yesterday when all of a sudden my overclocking ceiling was severely compromised without me changing a thing. In fact I was unbelievably stoked that just a week prior I had finally got fully stable overclock after weeks of tweaking. Just to give you an idea of my timings....

Before incident=289x9,httx3,agp67,166mem divider=237mhz on mem at 2-3-3-6-1T-9-14-2-2-2-2 rest on auto

Now these settings were tested stable on multiple stress testers and ran fine for a week. My OS started acting fishy yesterday so I ran memtest86+ and to my surprise I received a ton of errors and even froze on the 2nd pass of test #5. I finally got it somewhat stable.....

After incident=289x9,agp67,166mem divider=237mhz at 2.5-3-3-6-1T-11-14-4-2-2-3 rest on auto

Now these super loose settings only got me stable as long as I didn't do any memory intensive game or memtest test #5 so I started to suspect heat as being the problem. I opened my case and touched my chips and they just about burned my finger . Keep in mind that my Vdimm voltage is set at 2.6V in bios (2.7V actual). They have never been this hot....infact, normally at this settings they are barely warm. I checked all my other readings and temps and they read fine. I've come to know this board like the back of my hand so my only explaination would be that some piece on the Vdimm voltage line broke.

Anysuggestions please....?