NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys think TCCD (or TCC5 in my case, same thing though) needs thier own fans?

Mine get pretty cookin with 3.0v during memtest #5 loops and even more so at the higher frequencies like nubius pointed out. Better to have at least a little airflow on them even when not testing. Everything in yer case that just radiates heat just helps get everything else hot along with it....

Man if I have to clear the cmos one more time because holding the "insert" key down while booting does not load defaults or 3dmark2k1 locks at minimum card clocks> there may be an explosion before the fourth fireworks.

Frustrated is a minimalist description of how I am feeling this second.

RGone... :confused: :dog:

all right, what i really need to know is, what are the "drive strength" settings, my Neo2 doesn't go "weak" enough to work with TCCD memory.

i saw posts of the bios of this board somewhere, but i don't remember where now.

Unfortunately you only get two flavors with this bios. Weak and normal unlike the lp 754 where you at least had four levels to play with...Don't know about not being weak enough though...

Man if I have to clear the cmos one more time because holding the "insert" key down while booting does not load defaults or 3dmark2k1 locks at minimum card clocks> there may be an explosion before the fourth fireworks.

Frustrated is a minimalist description of how I am feeling this second.

RGone... :confused: :dog:

What they got you testin' Rgone? 701rev33??????? :D Kinda glad they haven't thrown out anything new for a couple of days...

Frustrated is a minimalist description of how I am feeling this second

The NF7-S v2 also said holding "insert" would reset defaults but that board along with this board, that has never worked for me =/

This is why I put my CMOS on a 3pin extender for easier access :)

What up guys!

Hey whats the best program to monitor temps on this board.

I don't think there is anything accurate at this point with temps jumping all over the place, idle at 38~39c regardless of what processor or voltage yer runnin', etc, etc, etc.....

They all show the same thing but Soundx98's NF3/NF4 data for MBM5 is the cleanest of the lot....

Hmmm, I'm thinking my RAM simply doesn't want to do 275MHz....I was using 3v, tried 2.5-4-3-8 timings and it just kept blue screening....I know it's not the CPU because I just changed the multi to 9.5 and I'm at a bit higher than the clock speed I was at where it was blue screening and it's booted up fine.....

Gotta do some more experiments but I think I'm done for today...I did infact progress more and become familiar with the board and CPU a bit more so overall it was a good day

Hmmm, I'm thinking my RAM simply doesn't want to do 275MHz....I was using 3v, tried 2.5-4-3-8 timings and it just kept blue screening....I know it's not the CPU because I just changed the multi to 9.5 and I'm at a bit higher than the clock speed I was at where it was blue screening and it's booted up fine.....

Gotta do some more experiments but I think I'm done for today...I did infact progress more and become familiar with the board and CPU a bit more so overall it was a good day

Using 1/2 multi's (8.5, 9.5, etc) tend to skew yer ram values a bit. Take a peak at the A64 overclocking guide for a better explanation or should I say an explanation since I didn't offer one of any kind anyway :D Try 2.5-4-4-10 just for the heck of it...

I've drawn the conclusion that either my ram or the mobo doesn't like the 166 divider. I can't do anything! It won't post anywhere after 220HTT x10 /166, but it's funny it does 265HTT x10 at 1:1 isn't life just one big mystery?? Shouldn't it be the other way around? *using original bios*

what timings are you using with the 166 diviser. I think if you leave things on auto and select a lower divider it will go by what the ram is made for at 166mhz. if you then clock it up it might cause instability where you wouldn't expect it. I had that happen to me with the 133 one.