NF3 Ultra-D 939/AGP

Run some 3D benchmarks...I think if you can run those mushkins 1:1 at 260mhz at those timings you'll be much better off. Running a 1/2 divider on your memory is just too much. Try 166 (5/06) with 295mhz as well. That'll only drop yer memory down to around 245mhz. Tinker and bench and you'll get your answer...

Yah i did try 295HTT 166 divider and it doesn't post, posts late, but most of the time just beeps at me, long continuous beeps. Help?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay ericms, when the divider is at 166 you want to hit 240, at 240 your ram speed will then be 400mhz. try 240 and then your memory will be going the speed it should. Then you control your cpu speed with the multiplier.

if you want higher cpu speed then you drop the ran multi down to 133. at 133 the ram will be 400mhz at 300htt. if you want to do that drop the cpu multi to 8 or so and try to attain 300htt with a 133 divider. Once you get that running then you adjust the cpu multi and try stress testing.

Yah i did try 295HTT 166 divider and it doesn't post, posts late, but most of the time just beeps at me, long continuous beeps. Help?

I haven't encountered that one :) Did it do the same thing with the original bios? I'm assuming from your sig you are on the 627? strange if you can run 260mhz 1:1 but not 295 5/06...did you try the 166 (5/06) divider with 260mhz just to see if it worked? You aren't adjusting the HTT/LDT multiplier when you try are you? Try it at 3X and leaving it there for all yer testing...

Can't think of anything else for now...Are all yer memory timings and settings set manually or just some and others on auto?

I removed my comment about beeping due to not really knowing what type of beep they were encountering.

Make sure you are setting your ram timings relaxed.

I don't know if this is true but I think if you leave things on the auto setting, it basically determines the setting it is using based on the information the system can gather from the ram itself and the memory divider you have chosen. If it sees you have good memory and are using a lower divider it may automatically set your ram to have fast timings.

Example, my ram can do fast timings at 333mhz so auto tightens the timings when it sees I choose a memory divider, but loosens them when I choose 400mhz. The result is that if you choose a divider and overclock and have auto on the memory settings is that you can't boot in a memory spot that you would think you could... This may not be the case after all im' just speculating; however, it was the only way I could explain my experience with the board. There maybe another reason why but this seemd like a simple explanation.

yes because at 250 it will be getting 1000+ which is going to cause instability. X3 will allow you I believe to go all the way up to 330 on this board given that the board is in good shape and all of the other settings are within specification.

long continuous is video I believe, or that is what happened when I had a deal 6800Ultra in mine. The AGP lock could be failing because the HTT is too high, so put HTT voltage at 1.75, and set AGP to 68Mhz.

Well i've done everything the tutorials told me. Raised chipset V to 1.75, Cpu HTT mult is always at 3x, Multiplier is 10x, the main 4 timings (don't know them by name) are all set manually to 3-3-3-6. I'm running memtest right now, so far it's done 15 passes and no errors, this is 260 1:1. My ram is pc4000 so i know it should be doing ALOT more than 520 or w/e it's at. And my bios are the 1st beta ones.. ones after originals.

OK, made some progress with tRCD=4...

Specs

DFI LP nF3 Ultra-D

0602 Original Bios

Winnie 3200 CBBFD 0433

2X256 A-Data Vitesta DDR600 Slots 1&3(orange slots: see board marking)

200 1T 2.5-4-3-7 (all the rest on auto)

Vdimm 3.0V

Vcore 1.7V

Windows2000 Pro

Maze4 Water block on CPU

Stock cooler on nF3 chip

Western Digital 20Gig IDE 7200rpm

Allied 450Watt PSU

Boot-up screen:

dfinf3ultra063005-1.jpg

1 pass of Memtest86:

dfinf3ultra063005-2.jpg

Windows tests

dfinf3ultra063005-3.jpg

The test setup:

dfinf3ultra063005-4.jpg

Alpha timings settings??

eboy0 - That's an insane OC on that 6800GT....did you do any volt mods or what....and theres no way that it's running that on this DFI board is it? That's insane because mines not even doing the same clock I got on my XP-M system....OldGuy informed me it's because of the NF3 chipset and after some research I found out it was true....seems the NF3 chipset gives people a lot of troubles for stock sometimes muchless OC's....the highest I ran 24/7 on my XP-M system was 430/1150, capable of like 433/1180 at it's highest and it is infact water cooled, maze4 block, says all in my sig.

What brand 6800GT do you have? Mines eVGA

EDIT: Oh yeah I was running 1.5 + .3 and my comp froze running prime95 and watching a vid on my computer...prime95 had been going a few hours too, this is really bugging me.....I pray my venice isn't already capping out on me, this is ridiculous...ran memtest and all that and the RAM is fine =/

I'm so disappointed I'm having to run 1.7v+ (thats what CPU-Z is reporting) for something as small as 236x10 :(