OCZ Powerstream and the Ultra-DR SLI board

Planning on purchasing the Ultra-DR SLI here in about a week or so. Planning on doing the SLI route as well when the next gen of video cards come out (until then, I'll stick with 1 BFG 6800 OC GT). Have picked out the 1 GB DDR (2 pcs 512) PC-4000 (500) OCZ Dual Channel GoldVX, as my memory to go with the 4800 X2 (When it's released).

That leads me to PSU. I have read very good things about the OCZ PowerStream 600W so far. Granted, a bit pricey, but I would rather pay the money vs. getting a lower end PSU. This a good call? Any other PSU's I should take a good look at?

Please bear in mind that I'm leaning towards the dual core environment with transitions to SLI with the gen. of Ati / Nvidia cards.

Any input would be great. Thanks again..

... but the OCZ will take you where you want to go.

Can it take me to, lets say, Australia??? :shake: I want to go there!!! :P

Enermax 600w Noisetaker is an excellent choice too. Either one, OCZ or Enermax, must be the top of the piramid... anything else is below these two brands.

for dual video card setup assuming you get the g70gtx they recommend 34 amps on the 12 volt rail i believe pc power and cooling barely makes that. peaks out at 38. and again assuming these figures are correct and not changed when it is actually released keep this in mind when looking for a psu for futre video cards. ati version called cross fire i believe will be ati chipsets only as far as i know right now again that could change. they are doing a master and slave video card setup with a dongle hanging out the back of one card and into the slave model.

Well minimum 500w, but if you have more CD-Roms, more fans, cold cathode lights, ohh and lets not forget a little cpu overclocking... the number jumps from 500 to 650 watts minimum. :eek2:

DUAL PSU, here I come!!! :tooth: