A quick question

Hi there.

Can somebody please help explain the special vcore option in the bios. The one that starts with 104% and goes up etc.

If I have my vcore at 1.425 and leave the special vcore option to auto what exactly is my vcore at? Or say I increase it to 104% then how does this work? Does it automatically increase the vcore or only if the cpu needs it?

Thanks.

Michael

I'm not sure what Auto sets it to. For that reason, I never keep it at Auto.

VID Control x VID Special = VCore.

1.425x1.04 = 1.482

Ok. Thanks. One more question.

If my Vid Control at 1.425 and my Vid Special at 104% does this automatically set my overall vcore to 1.482 or does it just enable the cpu to use that extra juice if it needs it?

Reason I ask is because my Vid Control s at 1.425 and the Vid Special is at 104% but Smartgaurdian is saying the Vid Control is at 1.42-3v and not 1.482v.

Thanks

Michael

Thanks for the reply. I already have this.

What I want to know is why my temp sensors don't actually show the extra 103% in the vcore readings. Like I said I have my vcore now at 1.45, with an extra 103% But I still only see a reading of 1.45 with Smartgaurdian, Speedfan etc. not 1.5 which the chart you posted calculates.

Sorry if I am being a noob.

Michael

Trust the BIOS settings and your math. Software won't tell you the correct VCore (or temp, or rail strength, etc.).

The setting is what is always supplied. The special is just to allow increments less than .025. It isn't a just-in-case buffer.