Sign in to follow this  
Randallw23

Best TCCD available right now?

hehe.. I really should update my sig, my Infinity died a few months ago so I'm back useing old faithfull... NF7-S v2 and it maxes out @ 230MHz :cool:

From what I've read you don't have to pull the spreaders off,if their TCC5,you should be able to see v 1.1 on the pcb

Yes, it's on the sticker. Also, the packaging is slightly different. What I meant was the version of the TCC5. I asked for TCCD with my RMA, and I got a note back saying there wasn't any kicking around.

What about PDP Patriot XBLK,anyone know if they are still TCCD,I emailed them but never got a reply yet.

I emailed pdp they won't confirm it is still tccd but the tech

said they haven't changed anything on the XBL yet.

Yes, it's on the sticker. Also, the packaging is slightly different. What I meant was the version of the TCC5. I asked for TCCD with my RMA, and I got a note back saying there wasn't any kicking around.

Let us know any results you get w/that ram

Although the new OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum Revision 2 is TCC5, it still clocks the SAME as the previous TCCD versions, if not better. Even OCZ announced that the only difference can be compared as two Ford Mustangs, one with red paint...the other with yellow paint. It'll run the exact same.

That said, my pair of TCC5 passes Memtest (24 hours and 2 hours loop #5) at 312Mhz 2.5-4-3-6 1T 2.8v! The only thing holding me back is the poor memory controller on my Venice CPU which will only let me do 312 if using a 7x multi or lower. I believe Newegg has the OCZ EL Plat Rev2 v1.1 right now going for $166.99!!!

I believe Newegg has the OCZ EL Plat Rev2 v1.1 right now going for $166.99!!!

That is almost too hard to turn down,all the TCCD earlier was selling for a lot more

That said, my pair of TCC5 passes Memtest (24 hours and 2 hours loop #5) at 312Mhz 2.5-4-3-6 1T 2.8v!

Can you supply a screen screenshot of that?

:D dude, the g.skill 4400LE is one of the best know tcccd memory known for nforce. i Just bought my venice 3000+ (1.8ghz) today and now check the results. solid stable

---------------------------------------------------

DFI lanparty nforce 4 SLI-D (bios 218 beta)

3000+ venice socket 939 (0.9nm) (1.440volt)@ 2.7ghz

2*512MB G.Skill pc4400 LE (2.8volt) (2.5-4-4-8 @ 300fsb)

Nvidia 6800 NON ULTRA Pci express

1*120gb maxtor sata

Hiper type R 580W

(processor, and gfx card is watercooled)

Let us know any results you get w/that ram

I don't have any concrete results, just a few runs with OCCT and Prime95. Prime95 didn't even make it past the first FFT length before the computer completely froze. OCCT made it 9 hours before freezing.

I'll test some more when I have the time to set up the computer. Right now I'm thinking that my new TCC5 is also bunk. :(