Wow... I can't overclock, May I ask you for some help?

I think I know why my setup won't overclock beyond 210mhz...

I think I have the same ram Ed_Jacobson had... He makes the same reference to the 210mhz barrier that I am facing...

Here http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8087

The Model name for the OCZ RAM is...

OCZ4001024ELDC-K (Thats the 2x512mb version)

They advertise it as being CL 2-3-2-6 (CAS-TRCD-TRP-TRAS)

The link to the RAM is here http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/memory/ocz_el_ddr_pc_3200[/ur]

Its the DDR400 Dual Channel Enhanced Latency Series (Without Rev 1, 2 or 3 suffix to it)

So my question is...

1. Does this RAM suck that much?

2, Can this RAM overclock to average standards (around 250mhz) at other settings besides 2-3-2-6?

3. What is the best setting/voltage for this RAM in overclocking?

4. Also, I did overclock to 210mhz without much problem but it still posts as "Athlon 3000+" Isn't that suppossed to change and post as 1890mhz? (9 x 210 = 1890).

I think I'm stuck with a subpar OCZ product, I guess their products are not good performers across the board.... Any help?

First off, please return your memory for some OCZ PC3200 EL Platinum Rev 2 as suggested. You will be glad you did. :) You will get great support and we can help you get some very nice overclocking results.

Now for my rant: ;)

Hi, this all comes back to one issue. The DFI NF4 boards makes all memory, other than TCCD/TCC5 and Windbond overclock poorly. Decisions were made relative to design by DFI that compromised any Hynix. ProMoss or Infineon based memory. I know Crucial was having fits also. Take that memory you have and throw it in another NF4 board, loosen up the timings and see what happens. It still is not TCCD/TCC5, but your RAM was either made before that, or it cost less at the time.

The bottom line here is that no manufacturer can see into the future and predict that they should use as yet unreleased chips on the memory they are making, or what "unusual" boards will be released that only like 2 RAM types. I don't mean to be harsh, and the DFI is a great board, but we simply cannot do the impossible.

Another factor is that when you buy PC3200 memory, it is qualified for 200mhz speeds only. If you can loosen up the timings to 2.5-3-3 and get a nice overclock, this is a bonus and not a gurantee.

All of you know we try our very best, but we at OCZ have to rely on you as our valued customer to research and buy a compatible memory type for your board. We also need you to understand why you only get a 210mhz overclock from PC3200 that was not developed for that specific board.

Thanks

updated:I don't have a 24 pin ATX so I have the 20 Pin plugged in and running without a hitch.

@210 may be a hitch.....I am certainly a noob to these boards but I will say I couldnt get past 240FSB and I know "some" overclocking...I didnt connect the "4 pin" cause I read someplace you only had to if using SLI....well I finally connected it and my new high for now is 304FSB...Im not saying you didnt connect it Im just saying you dont appear to be meeting this.......

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...22&postcount=34