hunter1801

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rosewill RP550:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817182010

By dinner with your extra money.

No :shake: Rosewill's are not recommended.

Rosewill does not produce any of its products, nor are they of custom design,

they only rebadge others standard products.

That "RP" model is made by ATNG & is the same as the Coolink & Coolmax,

these are not dangerous but they can not produce their rated power under normal operating conditions.

The Rosewill "RE" models are rebadged Youngyear, like the Aspire & some Ultra's,

these are dangerous in that when they fail they often take the video/mobo with them.

Dave

Thanks a lot everyone. I think Im gona get the Fortron Blue storm. But I cant find it anywhere for $73 and free shipping. I have tried all the sites I know. Can someone please try and find a link to somewhere where I could get it cheap? Thanks

No :shake: Rosewill's are not recommended.

Rosewill does not produce any of its products, nor are they of custom design,

they only rebadge others standard products.

That "RP" model is made by ATNG & is the same as the Coolink & Coolmax,

these are not dangerous but they can not produce their rated power under normal operating conditions.

The Rosewill "RE" models are rebadged Youngyear, like the Aspire & some Ultra's,

these are dangerous in that when they fail they often take the video/mobo with them.

Dave

Well, I am only speaking for the model I have and not every Rosewill. The RP550 model produces plenty of power for me, and anything else would be overkill. I don't have any issues with it and alot of people have given good feedback on it, so I'd still say go with it and buy dinner. :nod: :nod:

Hunter,

I am building a system very similar to yours (identical with the exception of the RAM), and after doing A LOT of studying up, I really do think you should fork out the extra 30 bucks and go with the OCZ Powerstream.

Every forum I have seen, people that have one swear by it.

The deciding factor for me in making the 85$ Enermax vs. 129$ OCZ was someone telling me that for one of the most underestimated parts of a computer, the PSU can do the most harm if not of high quality. It certainly makes a difference in benchmarking and overclocking.

I'm going with the OCZ PSU, personally.