Sign in to follow this  
jram

Dfi Nf3 Ocz 520 Psu max vdimm

I am wondering what is the max vdimm that this mobo can handle. The psu is capable of 3.8v (I think) on the 3.3v rail but the mobo will actually only use 3.65v as there is a .15 or so difference. The reason I am curious is that I have the pc4000 VX ram and would like to push it but don't want to burn anything up. I am running at 3.5v and the ram seems pretty cool with a fan blowing on it. I think tho is is only using 3.29v showing that in the bios and windows prog...

usually its unneccesary to use vx above 3.6v unless you plan to buy new ram every month.

uhhh...what brand of crack are you smoking?

Its rated upto 3.6 just like BH-5...

uhhh...what brand of crack are you smoking?

Brand doesn't really matter. Volume is usually the issue.

jram - How high do you want to go? I can't tell if you're suggesting 3.65 or 3.8.

Go ahead and send Ocz an email asking them to cancel your warranty on the memory and get that part out of the way. Then get ready for some failed parts and the credit card ready. You have not read a thing in the stickys over the last few days I don't guess. So have at it.

RGone...

I would like to supply it with about 3.7