i did try all those good thing. as matter

of fact all my troubles started when i

put a fan on fan 4 i dont know what

that would have to do with my problem

it may have been a coincidence.

Guest AnthraX

I found the problem...

The bad guy is... my 200GB seagate HDD.

If I unplugg it from the PSU and Mobo the rig boots up but if I connect it the rig doesn't boot. Could it be the PSU Sata connector or the HDD?

Good job! You may want to flash to 3/10 now.

Then go into the bios and make sure all SATA channels are enabled and set to auto detection. Then plug your drive into SATA channel 1 and give it a try.

What kind of ram chips do you have? You may need to bump the Vddr up to 2.7 to get things going....

m :)

Yes that will work fine and is safe, and yes all 4 connectors are necessary for stability reasons. You shouldn't need your floppy drive much so you could just plug it in when necessary (such as when flashing), or you can get an adapter.

I am not familiar with that ram, but we can look at that later.

Guest AnthraX

So when I have to install the SATA drivers for windows (and flashing) would it be safe to remove the power floppy connector and use the floppy drive and just plug in back in thw power?

Yes, leave the hard drive unplugged and flash (if you can boot). Then use the floppy power plug for the board. You do not have to install any SATA drivers, they are embedded in WinXP and will be automatically configured. SATA drivers are only needed when using Raid, so just ignore them otherwise...

Guest AnthraX

oh, ok. Well, thanks guys for the help. If it wouldn't be for you I would've cried myself to sleep tonight. :)

EDIT: Is the BIOS name NF4LD310.zip?

And one other thing; On the DFI website it says:

6. Type in the following command under DOS prompt (NOT under windows!):

A:>[executable] [file name].bin /F

OR A:> [Executable] [file name].bin /F/QI

OR, A:>[executable] /?

What should [executeable] and [file name] be?

Here is a flash procedure I use for Ultra-D:

DFI nF4 Ultra-D flashing procedure:

The 3/10 bios is used for example.

Double click on the downloaded file and extract the files within it. They will be placed in a new unzipped folder of the same name.

Place a reliable (new or equivalent) piece of floppy media in drive A

1. Make a bootable floppy in WinXP as follows. Goto My Computer and right click on the A drive. Select format and in the options below, check the box that says "create an MS-DOS startup disk".

2. Copy the awdflash file and NF4LD310.bin file that you extracted from the zip file to the A drive (floppy).

In your case you will need to place the newly created floppy in the Ultra-D machine.

3. Re-boot, enter the bios and set the first boot device in the bios to removeable media. This will allow the floppy to be read first, before the hard drive. Save, exit, and let the computer reboot with the floppy in the drive.

4. After booting you will see an a:/>, type in the following directly after the a:/>

awdflash NF4LD310.bin /py /sn /cd /cp /cc /LD /R /f

and hit enter. Flashing will start.

When flashing completes, it won't notify you that it is done. The machine will just shut off and reboot so don't be alarmed. Immediately after it boots to the first screen, kill the power. (Using the switches with awdflash will ensure overwriting of ALL of the blocks and leave no remnants of the prior bios).

REMOVE the floppy disk from the drive.

5. Unplug the power cable from the PSU and set the jumper to clear the cmos. Let it stay in that position for 1 minute and then set it back to the run position.

6. Plug your power cable back in, reboot, enter the bios and load optimized bios defaults. Save, exit, and reboot, enter the bios...you are now ready to enter your desired settings. Remember to set the first boot device to hard disk for faster booting.

m :)