Sign in to follow this  
OzSnoal

Cold Boot? Memory Died? [email protected] = who you need to contact

@Cometman, to really see if your cold boot problem is gone, use you computer for 10 minutes, then shutdown, remove AC, press the power button to discharge residual voltage, reinsert AC, power up. If you pass this, I would say you do not have a cold boot problem.

Many of us did not see cold boot problems if we left the PC off for more than 1 hour before switching it on again.

An update to my situation...

I haven't had a cold boot issue in the recent past... probably been about 2 weeks since the last one. I don't remember doing anything special to fix it... My voltages are still the same and everything else is at auto still. The only problem now is that I can't get my memory stable. I still get a few errors in test 5 in memtest. 6 errors in 14 passes last time I did it with both sticks in. And as a result of my instability, I get the occasional BSOD in Windows. Something like 3 or 4 times a week. As soon as I have a chance, I'm gonna flash up to the 3-10 bios and see what we get.

OzSnoal my computer was shutdowned all night and i pushed the power button at 3pm, it booted normaly, a simple reboot in my case was enough to cold boot, i think i will leave the computer like this to see if he can hold up, if you need more info about my current configs please ask me

maybe this is a stupid question but, is the ram feeded by the first slot(yellow)? it looks like it is, i am telling this because i tried the booster in slot 3 and the cold boot made his apperance

one strange thing maybe a bug, but my cpuz 1.29 is showing no ram in slot 2, its showing ram in slot3 and 4 and slot3 is empty

cumps

guys i try to run memtest at 2-2-2-5 3.5v at 255fsb and it only gives me errors, is this normal, or the sticks are screwed up?

another thing i keep getting blue screens of death on internet explorer what should i do?

guys i try to run memtest at 2-2-2-5 3.5v at 255fsb and it only gives me errors, is this normal, or the sticks are screwed up?

another thing i keep getting blue screens of death on internet explorer what should i do?

Whats your Tref?

Guys forget the booster tonight i got home booted the computer and guess what, cold boot again errrrr :confused: :confused: :confused: back to tccd :(((

I have now moved to the ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty SLI and have my VX ram running just fine at 2 2 2 5 @ 3.2 volts.

Also i have a alpha bios for this board which i am testing and its brilliant. It gives me all the options AND more than the DFI gave me.

Looks like we have found a board to solve the problems we are having with the DFI boards.

Speed wise the ABIT is alot faster than the DFI.

My suggestion is to read up about this new ABIT board and make your own decisions.

Topboy

I have now moved to the ABIT AN8 Fatal1ty SLI and have my VX ram running just fine at 2 2 2 5 @ 3.2 volts.

Also i have a alpha bios for this board which i am testing and its brilliant. It gives me all the options AND more than the DFI gave me.

Looks like we have found a board to solve the problems we are having with the DFI boards.

Speed wise the ABIT is alot faster than the DFI.

My suggestion is to read up about this new ABIT board and make your own decisions.

Topboy

Some benchmark and overclocking result for us to see how ABIT defeat DFI :D ?

Guest jaco

what is the maximal Vdimm of this board ? I thought it was only 2,8v or something