Cold Boot? Memory Died? [email protected] = who you need to contact

everyone is piss over the dead ram issue but we had to be logical about it...we can't blame

Well but u forgot that the VX Modules are validated to work @ HighVoltages so i think OCZ wouldnt produce a product when they cant get sure that it works absolutely flawlessly so for me the OCZ VX Modules are an example that HighVoltages on particular RAMs are not a problem so thats an argument that we cant blame it all on the RAM wouldnt u agree?

Well maybe the truth lies in between...

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly the fact that u have already toasted 4 Sticks of VX which is validated for up to 3,5V VDimm should be an evidence that there is something wrong with this board.

But the DFI guys in here pretend as it would be nothing really serious.

As they already told us they have not find any difficulties with this motherboard and high vdimm so whats the matter?

User faults? Yes maybe but in the case of VX RAM there is something more we have to talk about.

And even if Oskar is the reason we have this high VDimm options out of the box without have to mod this mobo and loose our warranty a faulty implementation (if thats the case) is even more worse than having not this feature.

Well validated for 3.5V for how long... We have no idea how memory modules behave over time under those conditions. Heat and High voltage speeds might just as well kill your mem as anz other part of this. I think I even have read some OCZ comments on this thought but I cant find it and therefor have to wait for OCZ to come back on this.

Well but u forgot that the VX Modules are validated to work @ HighVoltages so i think OCZ wouldnt produce a product when they cant get sure that it works absolutely flawlessly so for me the OCZ VX Modules are an example that HighVoltages on particular RAMs are not a problem so thats an argument that we cant blame it all on the RAM wouldnt u agree?

Well maybe the truth lies in between...

i think the high voltage guarantee is for a valid reasons to rma...

ch-5 is just not proven to endure high voltage ...that is the senario here...

the current situation is .the actual dead ram or cold boot ram did change its characteristics and no clue on what is happening...

that is the hardest thing to rectified over here....

ram are just being warrantied to operate till 3.5v or maybe more...board is supplying the require voltage as set by user...

no one ever seen a spike or recorded one so far....but the ram characteristics just change or the actual spd chip is spoil ? but ram company say that those spd chips are well intact.....but some of the ram still dead..right ?

atleast for my spoil twinmos speed premium that is spd programmed as cl-2.5...

no cold boot but won't pass memtest anymore...

actually like spoil operating prolong period with inappropriate timing issues under 3.0v...that is how it die...

i say inappropriate timing because the timing i set cannot let it pass #8 but i let it loop at #5 for some time....unfortunately that some time is 90 loops as i fell asleep....tonnes of errors after 90 loops....no more workable even in cl-2.5...rma

i m more cautious with 2nd pair ...only loop it to burn in if can pass #8 five loops without freezing....yes ...my winnie like to freeze bh-5 with timing it don't like...I burn this way for 5 days without glitches....no spoil and i run it around 8 hours per day with background memtest in windows...up to 3.4v

very unfortunately or fortunately....i bought a venice 3200+...

it like bh-5...no freezing and scale higher....still 3.4v....

then....it seems to be like 1st pair...sudden freeze in windows and upon reset spew tonnes of errors in memtest down to 200 Mhz...

still alive now after testing in another rig w ddr booster....

the ram like cannot withstand a slight out of sync timing after prolong operation else it would get itself killed..with my winnie....i can detect it...but cannot detect any unstability with venice....

this is my case,,,,,

Well guys i just think that the OCZ engineers have made up their minds about releasing a RAM which guarantes a VDIMM over 3,4Volt and that in combination with lifetime warranty those guys would shot themselves in the foot if it wouldnt be generally possible.

I mean think about OCZ ambitions these guys should have done some research about this topic and came to the conclusion that an extreme Voltage RAM is possible.

U shouldnt forget that these RAMs are on the market not just since yesterday and i never heard of that much RMA requests since the DFI issue.

So what i am trying to say is that not the amount of voltage is the problem but maybe the way it is generated in the case of the DFI its maybe the 5V Rail which causes general Problems cause people with a OCZ Powerstream never had that much problems even if they overclock their 3,3 Volt Rail for HighVoltage RAMs.

Well guys i just think that the OCZ engineers have made up their minds about releasing a RAM which guarantes a VDIMM over 3,4Volt and that in combination with lifetime warranty those guys would shot themselves in the foot if would be generally not possible.

I mean think about OCZ ambitions these guys should have done some research about this topic and came to the conclusion that an extreme Voltage RAM is possible.

U shouldnt forget that these RAMs are on the market not hust since yesterday and i never heard of that much RMA requests since the DFI issue.

So what i am trying to say is that not the amount of voltage is the problem but maybe the way it is generated in the case of the DFI its maybe the 5V Rail which causes general Problems cause people with a OCZ Powerstream never had that much problems even if they overclock their 3,3 Volt Rail for HighVoltage RAMs.

I'm with you here. UTT has been all around for more than a year. Mushkin & OCZ test their modules the proper way, otherwise it just wouldn't make much sence. It's definitely the board killing RAM.. So far we have cases of 'dead' TCCD, old BH-5 & UTT memory. Hmm, this 'what? no, board is fine, it must be something on your side, check your settings' excuse seems rather pathetic. Things look very apparent, that something is going on..

Quite an awfull situation. Everyday for now we have to experience this cold fear for our high-end components, because of the evil tech. Prejudice? Come on, are you serious?

I'm kinda bummed about the whole thing. I bought the VX for this specific mobo so I could do 1:1 settings. I am now on the 3.3v jumper and running my VX on a divider at 3.1v in order to keep my OC the same as before.

I could have done this with cheaper memory if I wanted to go this route.

My Redline is working fine at 3.3 using the dimm trick at 250 2-2-2-6

Oh and an FYI I had Redline on my MSI Neo 2 that killed a stick out of nowhere, with 3.4 volts on a Booster. I'm not sure what caused it, I probably didnt have my 60 mm fan in the right position to cool them off, but I've since fixed that.

Ok everyone, we need to stop bickering and focus here:

NO ONE KNOWS OR HAS THE PROOF OF THE CAUSE OF THIS PROBLEM

THATS THE ONLY FACT

YOU CANT GET PISSED AT OCZ OR DFI YET BECAUSE NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE YET.

I HAVE A BOARD HAND VERIFIED AND WORKING PROPERLY BY OSKAR

I WILL SOON HAVE SOME RAM WHICH IS EXTERNALLY VERIFIED TO RUN ON ANOTHER PLATFORM AT 3.5V FOR DAYS ON A DDR BOOSTER.

I WILL HEAVY TEST THESE ITEMS SOON AND WE WILL GET SOME ANSWERS THEN.

STOP POINTING FINGERS AND GETTING PISSED OFF BECAUSE IT DOESNT HELP ANYONE.....PUT THAT ENERGY TOWARDS FIGURING OUT A SOLUTION.

YOU CAN SIT IN THREADS AND classy lady ABOUT DFI AND OCZ ALL DAY LONG, OR YOU COULD TRY AND FIND THE CURE FOR EVERYONE....WHICH IS BETTER?

IT SUCKS THIS HAPPENED BUT IT DID, THERES NO WAY OUT OF IT, AND WE HAVE TO FACE IT....SO LETS GET ON WITH IT AND WORK TOGETHER INSTEAD OF AGAINST EACH OTHER.

WE SHOULD BE BLAMING ANANDTECH AND HARDOCP FOR GIVING US ALL BS REVIEWS AND LEADING US TO BELIEVE THIS WAS THE HOLY GRAIL OF PLATFORMS...WHEN THEY OBVIOUSLY DIDNT TAKE THE TIME TO FULLY TEST IT.

JUST LIEK HARDOCP DID WITH IC7-MAX3

IT IS STILL LISTED AS THIER MUST HAVE HARDWARE AND I HAVE EMAILED KYLE SEVERAL TIMES REGARDING THE MAJOR DESIGN FLAW WITH VTT TRACKING ON THAT BOARD.

267MHZ FSB ANYONE? YEAH RIGHT ANANDTECH.

I HAVE HAD 6 STICKS OF VX NOW, NOT ONE WILL DO OVER 260 STABLE.

WE BOUGHT INTO THE HYPE AND JUST REMEBER THAT NEXT TIME YOU READ ONE OF THEIR REVIEWS.

Well guys i just think that the OCZ engineers have made up their minds about releasing a RAM which guarantes a VDIMM over 3,4Volt and that in combination with lifetime warranty those guys would shot themselves in the foot if it wouldnt be generally possible.. I mean think about OCZ ambitions these guys should have done some research about this topic and came to the conclusion that an extreme Voltage RAM is possible.

Exactly what I feel about they are doing ... It's something like what you say ...

U shouldnt forget that these RAMs are on the market not just since yesterday and i never heard of that much RMA requests since the DFI issue.

No , OCZ VX series comes out after DFI NF4 ... And it's this year winbond start to re-ship their last batch of untested memory chip ... Winbond did not produce memory chip last year ...

There are some other VX die on other board + DDR booster , check xtremesystems forum ... I don't think it's power supply related

I'm with you here. UTT has been all around for more than a year. Mushkin & OCZ test their modules the proper way, otherwise it just wouldn't make much sence. It's definitely the board killing RAM.. So far we have cases of 'dead' TCCD, old BH-5 & UTT memory. Hmm, this 'what? no, board is fine, it must be something on your side, check your settings' excuse seems rather pathetic. Things look very apparent, that something is going on..

Quite an awfull situation. Everyday for now we have to experience this cold fear for our high-end components, because of the evil tech. Prejudice? Come on, are you serious?

UTT exist more than one year ? Absolutely wrong ... UTT comes out after DFI NF4 is released ...