Sign in to follow this  
OzSnoal

Cold Boot? Memory Died? [email protected] = who you need to contact

Ok, I know Oskar said he was getting two boards - I thought yours was one of them... Weird, he obviously doesn't want it anymore.

It normally takes 3 working days to send something Fedex internationally.

Have there been any results in this discussion yet ? I'm german and it's not that easy to me to get through this. Is there a resolution and is it better to put the Jumper fpr 4VDimm on or off ?

What's strange and what I've seen is that when I put my Corsair Pro Ram ( that one with Activity LEDs ) in my PC and unplug the power cord and then put it in again, the LEDs turn on ! they don't move like there would be activity but they turn on ! But I think this just proves that the screenshots are right. But could the whole problem in this thread perhaps have a connection/relation to the problem people like me have, that he freezes in the WinXP loading screen (sometimes it's not but the most times which is like ever ) ? I don't have this Coldboot problem but perhaps there is a relation ?

DO NOT assume you know what is happening behind the scenes.

Ok, I know Oskar said he was getting two boards - I thought yours was one of them... Weird, he obviously doesn't want it anymore.

It normally takes 3 working days to send something Fedex internationally.

Assume? What's to assume?

dsumanik

If you would like, i could send you my board, and the new RMA'd sticks so you could do research on them personally if you think it would help the situation.

OSKAR_WU

If you are confident that your board is the main reason that killed the dram , I can send you a board for exchange that I pre-test ok ... I can check if there is any uncommon situation in your board that may cause the problem ... I have many dram here ready to be tested if it will be killed easily ...

dsumanik

Alright lets do it, here are the exact circumstances on how my memory died:

OSKAR_WU

I only need board + memory ... PM me the address I need to send you the board for exchange and what kind of MB model you have ...

dsumanik (05-28-2005, 10:23 PM)

Ok oskar, I sent a PM.

Hmmm 11 days ago. Assume all you want...

just wondering something, if my BIOS does not support the processor, should I still be able to boot to see the DFI logo? or would nothing work at all and the 4 debug lights stay on?

easy guys, ill send him a pm today,

Depending on the shipping service it can take quite awhile.

Alos, for priority shipping to canada it's like $100-$150 CAD i doubt he sprung for that.

Believe me i buy and sell on ebay all the time from the US, sometimes customs will hold an item for 2 weeks for no reason, even priority.

You can thank osama for that.

Ill let you knwo whats up.

PM to oskar has been sent.

On a side noote rougueblowtorch hasnt recieved his yet either.

Perhaps while testing them prior to sending to us, the same problem was discovered, and the board would not be a suitable replacement?

been there done that for bout 12 hours. I went out to a computer retail store and got them to install my processor + ram onto their mobo and everything ran fine so the only thing left is the mobo and I've already started the RMA process with DFI. Thanks to all those that replied, hopefully when I get back my mobo everything will be in tip top condition.

Cheers.

did you bother to read any of this thread?

in response to

is there a fix in progress?

AG, I have read all of this thread, as well as several others across several sites. This issue is important to me, as I do have VX memory, was running on the 5volt line, I have experienced the cold boot issues etc.

Yes I've read RGones posts (here as well as elsewhere), and also closely followed what you have said here. The highlights of your comments seemed to suggest dumping my expensive VX and go for low voltage ram as the fix.

There has been a lot of posting from users, who have taken it upon themselves to delve into the issue, to send their gear to Taiwan, etc.

And yet, I’m still not clear as to “is there a (DFI) fix in progress”?

Is there still no word back on the mobo’s/ram that was sent to Taiwan? Can we still expect official updates/status/answers from rgone, you and Taiwan on this issue, or does DFI suggest that the answer have already been given here?

I’m not trying to be nasty here…. I have followed along patiently watching/waiting … just wondering what I might expect from here?

Thanks

I think it has been made fairly clear (and is a matter of common sense, in my mind, but there is nothing common about common sense) that it is going to take time to resolve these issues. As good as these guys are, it's going to take probably a few weeks or more for a solution to be offered. The engineers have to do a bunch of testing and reproduce the problem in the lab before they can even begin to work at a solution. It's only been a week or two since OzSnoal's brilliant piece of work to narrow the focus of the investigation, and as we can see above, the users' boards that are going to become test subjects haven't been sent to the lab in Taiwan yet.

The guys on the front lines (AG and RG) can't do a whole lot right now, since they didn't design the board and (far as I'm aware) don't write BIOS code for it. The guys behind the scenes in Taiwan are doing their best (I'm sure) to find a solution. I urge patience to those who post every few days asking for a solution. I want it too, but you can't expect an overnight fix. If the fix is going to last, it has to be tested and it has to work. Otherwise you'll get a piece of crap that fixes the one problem only to introduce three others that are much worse.

I want a solution as badly as anyone out there. My reputation is riding on it, in the eyes of my father. The rig I built is his. He very blatantly asked me why the $3000 rig I built for him is better than a $1500 HP from Future Shop (Canadian electronics retailer, FYI). I explained that he had some of the best parts on the market and that it was going to be more reliable and much faster than the generic junk (and yes, you can call me on the RAM, I know). I want nothing more than to make his computer what I told him it was going to be. However, I want a solution that is going to work. I want a solution that Oskar KNOWS is going to work. Therefore, I will wait for that solution to come. And I won't post every three days saying "Is it done yet? Is there a fix yet? Is anyone working on it?"

Ok, I've ranted that on to death. Please people, have a little patience. And let the people who have relevant material to post fill these pages with enlightenment.

So I'm done now.

J

P.S. Not meant to be a personal attack on anyone... I just want the irrelevant posts to be kept to a minimum.