Sign in to follow this  
BAcon

BSOD heaven dfi NF4 ultra D

Guest Ne0

I was suffering from the same problem, random BSOD's with the same error code. I also have TCCD ram. I cured it by altering the Tref setting in the Genie part of the bios. What do you have your Tref set at?

Try dropping it down.

Whats the word on this from official DFI reps ? Should we sit and wait for a working BIOS ? I still have to try setting every single DRAM timing for my setup hopefully thatll do it.

Hey Guys,

i have the same problems .... random reboot. Try reinstalling my WinXP, got BSOD during the installation ... Finally managed to install my WinXP, it BSOD after awhile.

I'm using 310 at the moments.

Flashed to 510-2, everything works nicely except when updating my Norton internet security ... it hanged. And i didn't install the nvidia firewall.

This mb is really weird ... suppose to be one of the best ... but yet can't even run at stock speed.

And pls dun tell me that you dun use a normal ram on a superb board like you dun use a normal wheels on rolls royce car ... if a rolls royce car can't even run on a normal wheel wat kind of a high quality car is that.

Same goes for dfi board. If a excellent board like dfi ultra d can't even work wells with a normal ram ... what excellence are we talking about.

mate what is your CPC set to?

Auto/Enabled/Disabled?

I had bad BSOD's with it on Enabled/Auto, try Disabled.

This will make your memory goto 2T rather than 1T...

STOP - because i FOUND the problem.

I have this problem since MONTHS, and i ALSO have week 37 TCCD !

I wrote about that on various places/forums already.

--> my memory chips (yes, TCCD !) all of a sudden need more VDIMM, i used to run them at 2.9 (sp called sweet spot)....now 2.9 only gives me BSODS..i am running at 3.1 NOW !

--> it could be your heat spreaders...if you have some on your ram...i had mine coming off lose so i removed them...but the voltage problem is unrelated.

I use the same settings as i did months ago running 2.9, now i HARDLY can get the sticks stable at no matter voltage....no 2 seconds OCCT/prime95 blend with 2,9 or 2,9....even problems yesterdat at 289 w/ 3.1 (was KIND of stable the day before)

running at 10x260 3.1V right now....would be NOT surprised at all if the yneed 3.2 or even more in a few months....i am at wit's end.

>>>

At first i thought it was down to the mobo giving my mem 2.68v when its best at 2.6v (very voltage picky tccd 437 chips), also set to 2.6v.

>>>

i think i cant even boot w/ TCCD in DC at 2.6V, this is WAY too low !

you can safely try 2,7 2,8 even 2,9...just be careful one you go over 2.9 ! (fan over memory !)

for mine (REV2) i had a 2.9V sweet spot for a long time....now they need more and i dont have a clue why.

I am almost certain that YOUR problem is coming that your sticks dont get enough voltage.

Also...i could show you a live demostration here of my extreme instability of my week 37 TCCD at 2,7 or 2,8 or 2,9V....show you how i up coltage to 3.1 and those are STABLE. This totally defies the common assumption those sticks dont like voltages :) (and i am NOT using abnormal settings, actually right now i am using OCZ recommended settings...)

Edit: no question that SOMETHING (hardware) is degrading.....

PSU ??? I measured my rails w/ DMM and it looks fine.....rails look fine.

Board ??? Well i give the mem a certain voltage and measure on the right spot on the board and can confirm (its a little higher in real life measured with DMM whan what ITE/MBM etc. says)...but voltage is there....

MEM ?!?! I am quite sure its the memory..,and write back here if you can solve your BSOD by increasing VDIMM....i am also sure that MANY BSOD problems might be related to this - maybe we're on to something !!!