Sign in to follow this  
Randallw23

SLI-DR and PCI-E slot 2

Ok I have searched the forums and read some posts and I'm still not sure what the definitive answer to my question is.

I plugged my 6800gt into the second pci-e slot to help keep my cpu cooler since my card is a boiling piece of dog doo when I'm gaming.

Now then, am I losing speed by putting it into this slot? To I have to move the jumpers to the sli config? I read that this slot was actually a x2 instead of a x16?? or was that only for the ultra-D?

I'm totally confused, should I be moving jumpers or is my card perfectly fine i the second slot of my SLI-DR mobo.

Hello,

view the nvidia driver properties

right mouse on desktop >properties

Settings TAB >Advanced

If it says x2 then you need to move the jumpers.

Ok I have searched the forums and read some posts and I'm still not sure what the definitive answer to my question is.

I plugged my 6800gt into the second pci-e slot to help keep my cpu cooler since my card is a boiling piece of dog doo when I'm gaming.

Now then, am I losing speed by putting it into this slot? To I have to move the jumpers to the sli config? I read that this slot was actually a x2 instead of a x16?? or was that only for the ultra-D?

I'm totally confused, should I be moving jumpers or is my card perfectly fine i the second slot of my SLI-DR mobo.

I am running my GT in slot two for the same reason. As already mentioned you need to check your display properties. If it says 2x then yes move all the jumpers, this will run the card 8x. By doing the above I had slight performance gain, but nothing amazing, it equated to about 100 points in 3dmark 05.

what temps are your chipsets running. the nf4 chipsets run hotter on this board. though i think it is rated for 120. throw some AS5 on their and see if that works. Mine is running at 41 right now.

and yes, it runs at 2x and at 8x if you move the jumpers